Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aug/Sept Exercise Challenge

Yippee! The Crazy Ates first Exercise Challenge!

The good news for you all is that I am just about as low as you can get on the scale of exercise. That means I'll keep the challenges simple and manageable at any level :D

We will all be in the process of pre-op or recovery through August and September. So, lets start simple and healthy with the goal of CREATING AN EXERCISE HABIT. You could walk from the chair to the bathroom, move your arms, do housework, etc. This is about being mindful of moving your body as a part of getting healthy and losing weight! Professionals say it takes 21 consecutive days to create a habit. It doesn't matter what you do or for how long. What matters is that you do it every day with intention!

An article for more info: Creating an Exercise Routine - How to Start a Habit for your Health

Crazy Ates Aug/Sept Exercise Challenge

21 Days of Mindful Exercise

Please reply to this post with your

Commitment:

Name:

Types of exercise I could choose from:

You may want to add something like this to your signature (change the number in green to how many days you have done):

0/21 Days of Mindful Exercise

:first: Did I also mention that I volunteered to be an Award Chair for the fabulous Crazy Ates?!?! YES, that means there WILL be awards for completing each Exercise Challange! :scared:

:cheer2: Go, Crazy Ates! Go! :boxing:

Commitment: I commit to do 21 days of mindful exercise. I CAN DO THIS!!!

Name: Band Chick, Kathy

Types of exercise I could choose from: walking, shopping, stretching, yoga ball, swimming, housework

Please reply to this post with your

Commitment: I commit to do 21 days of mindful exercise.

Name: Gwen

Types of exercise I could choose from: Walking, hitting tennis ball around with hubby

2/21 Days of Mindful Exercise

I am proud to say I have done 8 days of mindful exercise. It wasn't much. I only broke a sweat once and that was shopping. LOL Since surgery I just do a little walking here and there. Every little bit counts!

Good job Gwen! Keep up the good work!

Good job Gwen! Keep up the good work!

thank you Kathy I am upto 5 days meaningful exercise monday and Tuesday not much because of surgery but am getting back into it.

5/21 days of meaningful exercise

just updating

7/21 Days of Mindful Exercise

Good job, Gwen!

I too have been down for the count since surgery, but those little moments when I make myself walk around the room or house, to help the healing, count too! It's all about being MINDFUL! How are you feeling about this challenge so far? Is it easy enough? Does it help? I'm sure glad to have a partner to do it with! Thanks :hug:

so far the challenge is right where I need it. it is hard some days to go and walk but I remind myself that I can do it and it is so worth it. I am glad to have a partner in this too. went for a walk tonight so another update (the other was thru yesterday

8/21 Days of Mindful Exercise

Well I am getting in on this a bit late, but I will commit to 21 days of mindful exercise. Walking is best for me, cause I can do it at work as well as at home. Well wish me luck.

Jim

Welcome Jim and good luck it is great to have some one else join us

9/21 Days of Mindful Exercise

Okay -- count me in.

I'll do walking -- 21 days of mindful exercise.

School has started so I'll be picking up and dropping off my GrandDoll some, I'm going to go right now and put the umbrella stroller in the van so GrandBuddy and I can go for a walk on one of the trips.

Thanks for getting me motivated. (I did spend Saturday cleaning out the garage!! Does that count for something?)

Woo hoo! Welcome, Jim and Nana! It's great to have you join us!

Jim, it's never too late. Plus, this is the challenge for both August and September. We can do 21 out of 60 days, easy. Right?

Nana, cleaning out the garage does count. It's not about breaking a sweat (though you probably did). It's just about creating a mindful pattern. As I walked through the store today (which I would do anyway) I thought "This counts for my daily exercise. One more day down."

:cheer2: Go, Crazy Ates! Go! :boxing:

Ok, I'm in too. I've been walking almost everyday so I might as well make a formal commitment to at least 21 days of mindful exercise. I started a log on Aug. 20th and so far I've gone for at least a 25 minute walk 8 days. I did 40 minutes today and it is sooooooo hot here. WooHoo!

8/21 days of mindful exercise

I am joining all of you in this challenge however my surgery will be at a week tomorrow so my efforts will be a tad whimpy to start. I will have to count my climbing the stairs each day as my starter program. I was proud today that I was able to Water my garden.....although I still have to squat to pick anything up and those weeds are looking ferocious!

Congrats to all of us! We will always lose when trying!

:clap2:

weight.png