Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

clear soups; Protein Drinks, veggies are mine.......i'm hungry

The baratric team suggested sugar free Jello. I have six days left, Water and Jello between shakes helps a lot. I hate to admit this but my husband caught me licking a cracker the second day, just for the flavor. Lol. This is truly a test of will power for sure.

Sent from my SM-G360T using the BariatricPal App

Oh my that is so funny licking a cracker I have though about licking things to I asked my kids to get me a Popsicle and it came out pop tart lol I am on day 4 and starving

Sent from my iPhone

The baratric team suggested sugar free Jello. I have six days left, Water and Jello between shakes helps a lot. I hate to admit this but my husband caught me licking a cracker the second day, just for the flavor. Lol. This is truly a test of will power for sure.

Oh my that is so funny licking a cracker I have though about licking things to I asked my kids to get me a Popsicle and it came out pop tart lol I am on day 4 and starving

Sent from my iPhone

Lol that's funny. Hang in there, surgery is around the corner. In my opinion Atkins Protein shakes are good. They have a variety of flavors that are good. I drank the Protein powder shakes for two days but the taste and texture made this diet feel impossible. That's my best advice, in my opinion. Hopefully it helps, stay strong.

Ohhhh this diet!! I have surgery on Monday and must admit I cheated yesterday and ate a piece of Turkey breast!! I was so hungry!!! Hopefully the laxative will get rid of it!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

When I read that some doctors don't even require the pre-op I was like, Screw this! I would fast all day and eat one normal meal in the evening. My surgery went fine and my liver was good. I'm in no way advocating what I did but it made my pre-op bearable.

When I read that some doctors don't even require the pre-op I was like, Screw this! I would fast all day and eat one normal meal in the evening. My surgery went fine and my liver was good. I'm in no way advocating what I did but it made my pre-op bearable.

I hear ya! I did the 2 week pre-op just liquids (so shakes, soup/broth, sf jello/popsicles) before surgery only to have surgery cancelled the day prior because I had such a terrible chest cold. Anesthesiologist said sorry, reschedule!! ANYHOW... I am now scheduled for July 18, meaning my pre-op diet is supposed to start July 4th. We'll be on vacation, coming home on July 6th. I'll start the pre-op diet on July 7th. I'm currently doing 2 Protein shake meals and then one sensible "regular" meal every day and will continue to do that until 7/7. I'm not killing myself on vacation for a diet that seems to be so incredibly variable, at best.

I'm on day 5 of my preop diet. I get to have one meal per day.....3-4 oz of lean Protein, unlimited veg, 1/4 cup carb (say what???). This is my first week, and I have to say, I am following it, but being a bit liberal. I have been HUNGRY!!! One night I ate about 5 or 6 ounces of ground lean turkey. And last night I had steak, not sure that steak is really lean, but it was a lean cut. Tonight I will have turkey sausage, again, not the leanest of meats. I figure week 2 I will stick to chicken/fish, and other truly lean meats. But I also need to go out to dinner for my daughter's graduation, and throw a party for 40-45 people at my house, of which only my kids and partner, and one sister know I am having surgery 4 days after the party. LOL.....should be quite an adventure.

Hang in there everyone!!!

I'm on day 5 of my preop diet. I get to have one meal per day.....3-4 oz of lean Protein, unlimited veg, 1/4 cup carb (say what???). This is my first week, and I have to say, I am following it, but being a bit liberal. I have been HUNGRY!!! One night I ate about 5 or 6 ounces of ground lean turkey. And last night I had steak, not sure that steak is really lean, but it was a lean cut. Tonight I will have turkey sausage, again, not the leanest of meats. I figure week 2 I will stick to chicken/fish, and other truly lean meats. But I also need to go out to dinner for my daughter's graduation, and throw a party for 40-45 people at my house, of which only my kids and partner, and one sister know I am having surgery 4 days after the party. LOL.....should be quite an adventure.

Hang in there everyone!!!

I stuck to my liquids, mostly, but it was a challenge. I hosted a college graduation cookout for 20 people on the first Saturday, then went to an amazing BBQ/grad party the second weekend. I was fine with the party at my house and didn't eat any of it, but my husband forgot to bring the cooler when we went to the second party, so I had no Protein Shakes with me. I drank lots of Water and had a small, grilled, boneless/skinless chicken breast while there. I figured I had to eat something, especially with being there all day and having to drive 2.5 hours to get home. I cannot TELL you how good it tasted to eat that chicken breast!