Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone lost or need to loose 65-90lbs?

Just wondering what the success rate is for this category. I am 5'3, 222lbs. It seems that those who are at a higher weight loose faster (and get to normal weight quicker!) than those who are needing to loose 65-90lbs or so.

Are you in this category? If so, what has your experience been with the weightloss? do you feel that you lost weight at the same rate as others?

Also did you get loose skin with loosing the 65-90lbs?

Edited by reachbree

Me! I've lost 91. Took me a year to lose 85 ( my goal), and several months after to lose the rest. Yes, it took me a little longer than most. Only real skin issues I have is my stomach, but I've had 2 large babies and am in my late 40's. I've done a lot of exercise and strength training and think I've done an okay job toning up everything else otherwise.

You can see pics in my profile.

I had surgery in mid-August and have lost 69 pounds to date. My highest BMI was 32, and I'm now comfortably within the "normal weight" BMI category. I have a very narrow frame with tiny wrists, ankles, and knees despite being tall, so I'm hoping to lose about 20-30 more pounds. I've definitely lost at a slower pace than many others, including those close in age who started with similar stats. I'm pleased with my progress, though. I've been disciplined with my diet, but less so than some who've virtually omitted or severely restricted their carb intake. My dietitian recommended that I keep my carbs in the 55 to 100 grams per day range, and it seems that those who are consuming less tend lose more rapidly. My primary objective was to establish eating habits that are sustainable so that I can keep the weight off, and knowing myself and the way I react when I feel too restricted, I knew it was important to have some flexibility. There have been weeks when I haven't lost much at all, but I also haven't gained any weight beyond the typical fluctuation. It's gradually come off.

I don't have any loose skin. It actually looks firmer due to having become more toned. Even my face looks smoother. Prior to surgery a few wrinkles had popped up on my face and even on my chest, but I think they were primarily due to being dehydrated. Making a conscious effort to drink more Water has helped to make them vanish. I haven't seen them since last year. I don't use any products designed to help firm my skin.

I am close too. Started at a 42 BMI, 5 1", 213 lbs. I am almost 7 months post op and have lost 76 lbs (includes preop diet). I am about 6 lbs from no longer being overweight. About 11 lbs from my personal goal. Got to my doctors goal weight probably by 4 months out. Most of my health issues are either cured or in remission. Maybe it was slow by WLS standards but I am fitting into some size 6's and loving life. Its hard to believe morbidly obese at Thanksgiving and now I look like a normal weight person. I had some skin especially my breasts... But it was damage from pregnancy not from being obese. Good luck to you!

Starting weight was 215, I was 5'2 at the time. (Ive lost an inch!!). My surgery was January 12 and I've lost 63 lbs. I have 12 to go till my Drs goal and 17 till mine. It has slowed some, so these last lbs may take longer.

My stomach is the last place I have to lose in. I've noticed sagging skin under my arms (bingo wings) and a little on my thighs.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'd like to lose 80 lbs. I was 260 when I had my first appt with my surgeon. After the 6 mos required for my insurance, I got down to 233 by surgery day. Today is my first post op visit and I have not weighed myself. I wanted to strictly go by my docs scale. I'm 5'6.

I'd like to lose 80 lbs. I was 260 when I had my first appt with my surgeon. After the 6 mos required for my insurance, I got down to 233 by surgery day. Today is my first post op visit and I have not weighed myself. I wanted to strictly go by my docs scale. I'm 5'6.

Let us know how it goes!!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

@@mich74 Such restraint! I'm amazed!! I've never met a scale I didn't stand on lol. My family doctor now has a scale in each exam room..I was just weighed in the hallway 5 minutes prior. Yes..I have a problem haha

@@mich74 Such restraint! I'm amazed!! I've never met a scale I didn't stand on lol. My family doctor now has a scale in each exam room..I was just weighed in the hallway 5 minutes prior. Yes..I have a problem haha

I never weighed myself before so it's not a big deal to me. I have a feeling though that might change. Lol

In March I was 303 at my first appointment, I am down to 283 and not having surgery till September. Still have well over 100 to go, hope I do as well as all of you!

Wendilin

I'm 4 mths post surgery and I have lost 60 pounds. I did hear the same thing about the more you have to lose the faster you will lose it at the beginning. I am VERY happy with my weight loss. I started at a size 20-22 and I'm now a size 14.