Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anybody started burping a lot after surgery

Hello everyone I have finally had my gastric sleeve surgery. I want to thank everyone here in this group for such great encouragements.I couldn't have made it. With That 2 week liquid diet if it wasn't for you all cheering me on. I'm hurting a Lil but not too bad. But you all still keep me in y'all prayers. Not out of the woods yet.

Burping is my "stop eating right this minute or you'll regret it" sign. :D

I try to stop eating before the burps start, but still occasionally have some.

Most folks do tend to burp a bit more in the beginning if they swallow too much air - it's hard to gulp food or liquids when there is so little stomach left, but if you do manage to swallow air, you'll likely either burp or feel a bit uncomfortable for a little. ;)

Same burping is my warning sign

and I burp also in general a lot more now not just when I'm at capacity but I know the difference between the two the capacity burping is uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPhone

I don't burp, but I get the hiccups all the time now. Especially if I eat to fast.

Yes lots of burping!!...

I burp or get hiccups any time I have more than one sip at a time, it's uncomfortable but very normal.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

finally had my gastric sleeve surgery

@@Capri3Js

many/most OP have different signs signifying their new and improved little tummy is full

sneezing, runny nose, burping, hiccups!!

i used to hiccup so much, i got complaints from the neighbors!!!!!! :o

death threats too !!!

your "little" pain will gradually get better.

Before you know it, you'll be back to your new perfect self

encouragement, support - that is one reason we're here :rolleyes:

when/if i'm not here, i'm walking the streets, in a daze, eating a Protein bar!!!!

you say you are not be out of the woods yet

i know you and your sleeve will do great!!!

you be good to "it", and it will be good to you!!

good luck

continued speedy recovery

kathy

I burped for about a week after. I no longer burp as often, my surgeon says it was all the gas the pumped you with.

I burped for about a week after. I no longer burp as often, my surgeon says it was all the gas the pumped you with.

This is what my doctor said too but I am so uncomfortable and in pain even with pain meds I'm 3 days out

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using the BariatricPal App

I am 9 weeks out and I still burp alot. I was having a lot of pain on day 2 that the pain medication just was not helping. I walked alot and started passing gas. Once I started passing gas all my pain was gone. I didn't use any pain medication from day 3 on. Praying your get pain relief

Hi Caprim My sleeve surgery was 6/7 and I was uncomfortable and had a decent amount of pain. Take pain meds, walk and follow Dr and nutrition guidelines and you will feel betrer. Walk when you can. 1 day at a time it gets better

Sent from my SM-T230NU using the BariatricPal App

Yes, burped a lot early on. These days burp less, but get hiccups at times, and the runny nose ....

There were many strange noises happening in my body early post op, thankfully they have mostly settled down.