Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you plan on explaining your weight loss after the surgery? Are you planning on telling people you had the surgery or another reason? I am on the fence on how I will explain it, especially since there are so many that criticize the surgery.

Been very open. See my links below!

Supports been amazing!!

I love the countdown graph

I have a surgery date for 07/01/2016! I'm soooooo excited

Mine is the first too!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using the BariatricPal App

Mine is the first too!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using the BariatricPal App

that's my date too! i have all my pre-op testing in 2 days...I think once I pass all that it will seem more real to me.

Yay!!!!! Im so excited for all of us

My surgery is set for 7/6/16 and I'm nervous as can be.

Sent from my iPhone

@@Katerbug1 same pre liquid diet here. Start it tomorrow 6/22. Surgery 7/6

Sent from my iPhone

@@Jules M

I have only told one co worker I trust completely, my spouse and sister. Those 3 are huge supporters for me. Idk if and when I will tell others. I'm not ashamed of the surgery by any means, but If I decide to say eating healthier and making better choices it won't be a lie. I will cross that bridge when it happens.

Sent from my iPhone

I'm set up for 7/5/2016 nervous and excited!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am also scheduled for 7/5/16!

@@Jules M

I have only told one co worker I trust completely, my spouse and sister. Those 3 are huge supporters for me. Idk if and when I will tell others. I'm not ashamed of the surgery by any means, but If I decide to say eating healthier and making better choices it won't be a lie. I will cross that bridge when it happens.

Sent from my iPhone

I completely agree. My immediate family knows and one close friend. I have already changed my eating habits and started exercising more. I am not ashamed that I am having the surgery. I'm very excited actually. I am a pretty private person though and didn't want to tell everyone about it. I started having digestive issues earlier this year and while my work knows I am going out for surgery, they don't know the specifics. I am kind of leaning towards leaving it like that. Thanks for your input!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

I am scheduled for July 14th. My first choice for surgery was sleeve but the doctor recommended I do the RNY. That was in August 2015. Now he is concerned with the medications I take and feels I should go with the sleeve. I consulted my rheumatologist and he agrees the sleeve would provide better absorption of my medications. Now I need to wrap my mind around this 11th hour change. Either way, I lose (in a good way).

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Yes,I have surgery July 6th,have blood work July 5th.......BUT I HAVE BEEN SMOKING,you think if I drink tons of Water the next 4 days I'll be okay,I quit for a month in April & had 2 deaths in my family , one very tragic & started back up. HELP SOMEONE!!!!!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using the BariatricPal App