Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks till RNY

My surgery is on 6/7 and my surgeon told me to just do 1 week of pre op diet other wise today would have been my first day. I'm struggling so badly right now with "last meal syndrome" (don't know if that's a thing but I'm using it). I keep telling myself, " this is the last time you'll eat a cookie in a very long time!" "This is the last time you...etc"

Should I start my pre op diet early to give myself more control? I'm also not exercising near as much as I was before.

I don't feel ready for this surgery. I felt ready about a month or 2 ago and since it's such a long drawn out process I've almost gotten depressed about the waiting. Insurance made me wait 6 months but the Drs schedule pushed it out another month and I lost steam.

Anyone else deal with these feelings?

I had those feelings too. I wouldn't start the diet now, but I would practice what you've learned for post-surgery. One bite of cookie, maybe, but focus on what you need to do after the surgery. :) It gets easier, promise! Don't lose sight of your goal.

I decided to start the diet a few days early...today!!! I was assigned to do 7 days but by choice I decided to do 11 days...my dr was pretty firm about how I need to do the preop diet "PERFECTLY" this way I can potentially have a slip up (hopefully not) this weekend and not put myself in danger. Hubs daughter and I are headed to visit family this weekend and I know there will be temptations. Especially because it's a holiday weekend.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches