Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I,will have a look at the products you are suggesting. I am not working out that intensely I am coaching so a little running around a lot of teaching and a bit of demonstrating but on your feet and moving get for a few hours. Less cardio and more endurance.

The after 8 eating thing is an attempt to alter old habits. I was a night grazer and a bringer so I am really trying to establish new habits and break that cycle.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@KristinLe Thank you and it's hard not to be hard on myself when I realize I have so far to go. How many calories are you getting in? what is expected at 5 months? My nut is just not giving me a straight answer.

@@perfectlyimperfect44 I am not an expert by any means but I think that amount of calories is too low for 4 1/2 months out. You may want to kick it up a little. Get some Protein powder and mix with Water, crystal light, etc. or get some Protein Water so it counts towards your water and protein.

You have done tremendous so far (loss of 105 lbs) so be proud of yourself and just keep working at it.

@@perfectlyimperfect44

I would also like to cast my vote for a calorie increase. I've hit 3 stalls since my surgery in January, and each one broke the day after adding 100-200 cals. I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone, but in my particular situation it has been the solution each time.

I know your nut isn't being very forthcoming, but according to mine, 600-800 cals and 70-80g Protein was my goal at 2 months. At 3 months I was bumped up to 800-1000 cals and 90g Protein. I would imagine that at 5 months one might need to be a bit higher still.

Hardly medical advice, but this is just what has worked for me so far.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@perfectlyimperfect44

I would also like to cast my vote for a calorie increase. I've hit 3 stalls since my surgery in January, and each one broke the day after adding 100-200 cals. I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone, but in my particular situation it has been the solution each time.

I know your nut isn't being very forthcoming, but according to mine, 600-800 cals and 70-80g Protein was my goal at 2 months. At 3 months I was bumped up to 800-1000 cals and 90g Protein. I would imagine that at 5 months one might need to be a bit higher still.

for me also - when I had a stall I tracked my food on the same program where I track my workouts and saw that I needed to add a snack - calories were a good bit too low. I find my calorie deficit for the day needs to be right around 800 or else I stop loosing.

For me it was changing up my routine. I was in a stall at 240 for about a week and a half. I was tracking every day and getting in my Water, Protein and 600-800 calories-- but I wasn't losing. This past weekend I went out of town and did not track, didn't follow my established food routine and was convinced I would gain weight. In fact, I lost 5 lbs in two days.

That works for me, but honestly, it could have just been time for my body to drop that weight.

I am 2 months post surgery.

This is very underrated advice. The body is an amazing machine. Rapid weight loss causes all sorts of interesting things to happen. Hormone levels shift dramatically and it is not uncommon for the body's metabolism to drop significantly as the body interprets rapid weight loss as something detrimental. The body WANTS to be in balance and consistent even if that balance and consistency does not line up with our weight expectations.

All that being said do NOT underestimate the ability to break the cycle by changing your set eating and exercising routine. Sometimes throwing your hands up and shifting your macro-nutrients profile can assist in breaking a stall earlier than simply waiting it out. That is not an excuse to pig out on junk but some studies have shown that upping calories every so often can have positive benefits on metabolism. This is exactly why performance athletes have a "refeed" or "cheat" day even when cutting.

If you are not comfortable with this you simply can wait it out. That works also as eventually your calorie deficit will overpower your bodies metabolism sluggishness.

I heard if you do not enough calories you will have a harder time and lose less weight. That is going to be really hard for me also.

Good luck on your journey ♡

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

Thank you all I have heard enough folks say I need to increase Proteins and Water and I am going to try your suggestion and hopefully this will break my stall :-)

@@perfectlyimperfect44

for me also - when I had a stall I tracked my food on the same program where I track my workouts and saw that I needed to add a snack - calories were a good bit too low. I find my calorie deficit for the day needs to be right around 800 or else I stop loosing.