Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having a horrible craving for salsa and sour cream! What do I do? Eat Tomato Soup and call it a day? I'm only 11 days post op, and I can only tolerate a few bites of anything, but is salsa a bad idea?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

What phase are you on? At 7 days I was on full liquids. I didn't have salsa until I was on soft foods.

Maybe try some V8 in the meantime.

I'm having a horrible craving for salsa and sour cream! What do I do? Eat Tomato Soup and call it a day? I'm only 11 days post op, and I can only tolerate a few bites of anything, but is salsa a bad idea?

What phase are you on? At 7 days I was on full liquids. I didn't have salsa until I was on soft foods.

Maybe try some V8 in the meantime.

My Dr told me after my visit the other day that I can move to the soft diet if I could tolerate it... so far so good... however all I've had is scrambled eggs, and tuna... I've done well w both. But I was just kinda scared of salsa? Lol... maybe I will just drink a little v8 and maybe the craving will subside. ... thanks!

If you're on full liquids, you could put a bit of cooked salsa(not raw, or crudo, pido de gallo, that kind of thing) in the blender and pour it over greek yogurt. You may need to thin the salsa, depending.

Whoops, just saw your reply. I think you could try a little cooked salsa on your eggs. That would be yummy! wait after that first bite to see how your sleeve likes it.

Edited by 2goldengirl

If you're on full liquids, you could put a bit of cooked salsa(not raw, or crudo, pido de gallo, that kind of thing) in the blender and pour it over greek yogurt. You may need to thin the salsa, depending.

Whoops, just saw your reply. I think you could try a little cooked salsa on your eggs. That would be yummy! wait after that first bite to see how your sleeve likes it.

Yesss! Yummy! Perfect... I'll try that! Thanks!

if you want it bad enough go ahead but you will not do well with any acid foods if your procedure was done correctly you should not be having any cravings until the 8th month all I can think about was getting Water down and not being hungry I lost 80 lbs in 7 months I am at a plateau and look awesome eating salsa I tried its still sitting in my refridgerator about 4 months now I get a craving I have a bite I put it down or throw away and don't think about it I know its around for me it just makes me throw up or gives me a stomach ache good luck on your journey and choosings

The sleeve doesn't remove cravings @@tamila0624 . Cravings are head hunger - not physical hunger. Salsa is not bad to have as long as her sleeve tolerates it so if you're going to have a craving it's not a bad one to have.

It is all in your mind

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

Seriously??? What do you think a craving is?

But they're strong just the same.

And while I'm bypass not sleeve, whoever said 8 months was the magic number before you get cravings? Omg people. Get a clue. Is there some "magic button" that is switched at EXACTLY 8 months? Lmfao

Oh wait- I see you're preop and just joined today.... So you're either a lurker or a newbie who knows it all

Edited by LisaMergs

This may sound too obvious, but don't think about it! If I think about pizza, pork sausage, a thick burger, etc, I will be craving them every time, but I mentally "change the channel" any time those thoughts come into my head.

This may sound too obvious, but don't think about it! If I think about pizza, pork sausage, a thick burger, etc, I will be craving them every time, but I mentally "change the channel" any time those thoughts come into my head.

Yea I just had a craving for salsa? Its not something I would normally "sit and think about" (i dont do that btw) Like pizza or a burger... lol (I know better) just a little salsa... however I haven't tried it yet, so we'll see how it goes?

Seriously, if cravings were that easy to "turn off", you think any of us would be here?