Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bariatric multivitamins. Suggestion please!

Currently I'm taking the Bariatric fusion chewable tablets in cherry flavor. I have to take 4 tablets per day. Since after the surgery it seems my taste buds have changed and I just can't stand any artificial smells or flavors. I'm looking for a Multivitamin pill/capsule to be swallowed and that has to be taken only once per day. The powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury have a chewable tablet that is to be taken once per day but I just want to avoid anything that is chewable. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by mmy

Hi, don't have any suggestions for capsules, but I take Bariatric Support chewable Multi. It's once a day, berry flavor and they don't taste gross. They are made by TwinLab, and I get them at the Vitamin Shoppe.< /p>

@@mmy

I wasn't fond of the opurity chewables from Unjury's website either. They were taken for a couple of weeks post-op, then I switched to their capsule multivitamin. That one is also 4 per day (either all in the morning, or 2 morning/2 night), but since you're already used to that it shouldn't be a problem.

The capsule has more Iron, D, and B12 than the chewable. This should eliminate the need for additional supplementation of those ones, unless you still prove to have a deficiency of course.

@@mmy

I wasn't fond of the opurity chewables from Unjury's website either. They were taken for a couple of weeks post-op, then I switched to their capsule multivitamin. That one is also 4 per day (either all in the morning, or 2 morning/2 night), but since you're already used to that it shouldn't be a problem.

The capsule has more Iron, D, and B12 than the chewable. This should eliminate the need for additional supplementation of those ones, unless you still prove to have a deficiency of course.

no I'm actually not used to taking 4 pills per day. That's why I'm looking for only one pill per day .. Thanks anyways

@@mmy

no I'm actually not used to taking 4 pills per day. That's why I'm looking for only one pill per day .. Thanks anyways

I take TwinLab Daily One with Iron Multivitamin caps. I couldn't stand having to chew up one more Centrum chewable Vitamin and found this. It is a clear capsule with powder inside. All of my labs have been perfect since I switched to this. I was a little worried about the size of the capsule, but I've had zero problems with it. The lowest price on this is www.jet.com.

optisource, Biotin, Biotin (5,000 mcg) Ultra D-3 (10,000 mcg), and B-12 w/Folic Acid (1,000 mcg). These are what I use and I get them at Walgreens and Sprouts without breaking the bank. All small, chewable, or dissolvable. The Optisource is a Bariatric multivitamin/wafer you take 4 times a day, it is a little chalky but contains all of the various things we are supposed to take... however, my surgeon and doctor advised me to also take a few others along with it. The Optisource you can get on Amazong ($28/month supply) or Walgreens/$30/month supply. And all the others I got from Sprouts for under $20 for anywhere from 30-120 day supplies.

Unfortunately there probably won't be one super bariatric pill that will meet and exceed your expectations and it will take a bit of trying things out and seeing what works best for you. I also didn't want to take 50 million different pills a day, which is why I was so excited by the OptiSouce and don't mind taking it 4 times a day.... granted I do have other deficiencies that were found in blood tests and require me to take other Vitamins on top of it. I feel like this is normal for all bariatric patients as our bodies are now lacking so many of the nutrients we were getting and even with proper diet are still not able to get back 100 percent of in a day with just meals or Protein supplements alone.

Good luck in your search! :)

Edited by BlueBongo

Bariatric Complete Capsule Once a Day Multi-Vitamin - Formulated for: Roux-en-Y, Vertical Sleeve, Duodenal Switch 90 Day Supply

I've had these for 6 months and just started taking them after my 6 month checkup. They also have a one a day chewable that looked to be the size of a dime on their website. They were out of stock for over 6 months. Apparently they were revising the chewables. They're now the size of a horsepill and taste horrible.

http://procarenow.com/Bariatric-Complete-Capsule-Once-a-Day-Multi-Vitamin--Formulated-for-Roux-en-Y-Vertical-Sleeve-Duodenal-Switch-90-Day-Supply_p_10568.html