Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys!

I am currently a couple days from being a month out. I have lost about 23 pounds. I have noticed that my weight has been lingering in the same area for the past 1-2 weeks. Most of my weight loss happened in the first one 10 days post op. I have heard of the 3rd week stall but how long does this thing last? I am on soft food at the moment.

Best,

Sanju

The Week 3 Stall can last as little as a few days or as much as a few weeks. There is nothing for it but to stick to your plan, get your Protein and Water in, walk as much as you can, and wait it out. Oh, and definitely stay off the scale!

it seems like it lasts forever! worst part of the process. i think mine lasted 2 weeks and it won't be the last stall but just keep doing all the right things and the weight will start moving again. i promise.

it seems like it lasts forever! worst part of the process. i think mine lasted 2 weeks and it won't be the last stall but just keep doing all the right things and the weight will start moving again. i promise.

As I was once told here, ignore the scale and embrace the stall. This is an opportunity for you to stay focused on your goal and continue to build good habits. Your body is adjusting - it will tick up sometimes, but you are going to be seeing consistent loss eventually.

How long your stalls last could depend on your habits and/or your physiology. Just stick to the plan and the weight will melt off.

Edited by christopherM

My third week stall lasted two whole weeks.

Stalls are like lovers. Your first will probably not be be your last.

I agree with everything above. Also I suggest getting out a tape measure and getting your measurements. When the scale doesn't move, your body still does! It's good affirmation that you're still on track.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using the BariatricPal App

I agree with everything above. Also I suggest getting out a tape measure and getting your measurements. When the scale doesn't move, your body still does! It's good affirmation that you're still on track.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using the BariatricPal App

Oh yeah. If you haven't done so already, take your measurements and keep them in a spreadsheet. Try to take them on the same day of each month. It will definitely make you feel better when the scale is being mean.

My three week stall lasted forever (almost 3 weeks lol). Stay focused on the program and it'll break. During my stall the scale did not move but my body was chafing. I lost inches but no weight. Stay hydrated and meet all your goals. Increasing my Protein intake is what broke mine. Best of luck!

Hi guys!

I am currently a couple days from being a month out. I have lost about 23 pounds. I have noticed that my weight has been lingering in the same area for the past 1-2 weeks. Most of my weight loss happened in the first one 10 days post op. I have heard of the 3rd week stall but how long does this thing last? I am on soft food at the moment.

Best,

Sanju

I feel like every question I read of yours I'm just nodding my head like "yeah, seriously, I've been wondering that too!" Thanks for posting and replying and I'm sorry some people a bitches to you but you're really helping me, so there's that!

Hi guys!

Best,

Sanju

I feel like every question I read of yours I'm just nodding my head like "yeah, seriously, I've been wondering that too!" Thanks for posting and replying and I'm sorry some people a b*****s to you but you're really helping me, so there's that!
Thank you :) yea idk what that is all about... haha

Best,

Sanju