Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im sick of burping at times my husband has to burp me to avoid the pressure... How have you handled it? Has it gotten better? Its ONLY when i eat or drink...the way i explain it to everyone its like pushing a ball under Water you get that pressue...i have tried gasex before i eat that did nothing...so just curious what everyone has tried.... Also how far out are you and if u still have it...

This is NOT slime or PB.

Edited by shortstuff4ever78

I had a lot of issues with gas and gurgling in the back of my throat for a good long while post-op. It definitely lessened over the course of a couple of months. I still occasionally get it at 20 months out, but it is FAR less frequent.

in month 2 I had a lot (I mean a LOT) of little burps. constant. I was eating just a smidge too much, just a bit too fast. slowed down, smaller bites and the burping is not so much now. maybe give it a try.

Well i tried that...my bites are no larger then a dice...between bites is about 15min. So that surely is not working but glad its just a path i gotta take and live with.

Hi shortstuff4ever78

My mom is going through the same thing, only when she eats. Sometimes I think it's because she is eating too fast. It will get better.

How are you doing? Hope all is well.

All is great...will post update on friday...just annoying burping...then after i eat omg.i burp for like a good hr...go too my nutritionist for my 3 week post op fri...so embarrassing...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches