Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 16th surgery buddies?.....Let's do this together!

Has anyone had a vowel movement yet. I have a lot of gas and b

I a lot of gas and belching

No bowel movement for me xx

Sent from my D6603 using the BariatricPal App

BM for me, yes, but not waiting on mother nature. I took remedies that my doctor recommended. He said Miralax, but if that doesn't do the job, Milk of Magnesia. I felt SO much better after MoM got the job done yesterday.

@@Maggie Journey Well like I haven't had enough problems, I've had diarrhea ever since I came home from the hospital...But I do have some good news! I just "almost" finished an 8oz Protein drink.....first one I've been able to drink since surgery....I have about an ounce left and I put it in the frig and will try to finish is in a little bit.........This is huge for me because I've not really be able to drink anything worth measuring! So I'm hoping I'm turning a corner......I know once I'm able to get a few calories in me I'll start feeling a little better.....I can't believe I haven't felt the first little bit of hunger even though I've not taken in more than 100 calories in a day since surgery.....Yes I know that's bad! but if I can't do it, I can't do it.....I'm working very hard to be able get the fluids and Protein it's just been very slow going for me.....

So I will finish the rest of this Protein shake this evening and my goal tomorrow will be to manage two.....we shall see!!!

@@kmorri, I am so sorry to see the difficulties you're experiencing. It's exhausting to be getting only 500 calories, let alone 100 calories. I think at this point it's (#1) get your fluids and (#2) get your Protein in if you can.

This whole process is very much just one day at a time! I keep my spirits up by focusing on the fact I'll feel better tomorrow, next week, etc. And I've been looking at the success stories and before/after pics for hope and inspiration.

Hugs!!!!

Had my surgery May 17th. Anyone worried about having (or not having) a bowel movement yet?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Had my surgery May 17th. Anyone worried about having (or not having) a bowel movement yet?

I had mine may 16 and I've still haven't gotten a bowel movement. I had milk of magnesia couple hours ago and still nothing

Did you take pain meds at home? I have been (liquid hydrocodone) and my doc said that that can really slow things down. I'm nervous

I woke up this morning and feel like a new person!!! I'm not queasy for the first time.....water even tasted almost normal. I'm so happy I'm feeling so much better today....my surgery was the 16th and I've had a really rough time so this is very exciting to me!!! And I'm down 4.4 pounds since yesterday!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App[/quote

I am. I walked like crazy and still no gas or bm

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App[/quote

I am. I walked like crazy and still no gas or bm

I've not had this problem at all in fact I've had a little diarrhea.....But if you're suffering or uncomfortable just call your surgeon's office and they will tell you what you can take............if you're not uncomfortable I say don't worry....you're not eating enough to produce very much...Hang in there!

I had surgery on the 17th and had bm yesterday- dr office told me I wouldn't have one until I started eating - I had cottage cheese in the am. I didnt strain - no assistance needed from meds. I think if you drink enough you will be fine.

Holy smokes!! I just WENT! Yay. Not a lot but nonetheless I feel better and definitely less worried

Edited by Baseballmom07

Day 3 post-op and I am HUNGRY. Am I the only one?

How's everyone doing with hunger? Day by day I get more and more hungry and thirsty! I have absolutely no problems getting fluids or Protein down so at this point it's really mind over matter - I am having to make sure I go slowly and don't over consume but I feel like I could eat a lot!

Day 3 post-op and I am HUNGRY. Am I the only one?

How's everyone doing with hunger? Day by day I get more and more hungry and thirsty! I have absolutely no problems getting fluids or Protein down so at this point it's really mind over matter - I am having to make sure I go slowly and don't over consume but I feel like I could eat a lot!

Still hungry here. Everything has gone down fine including cream Soup, yogurt, pudding, and Protein shakes. Today I got out of the house with my family and had a bit of nonfat, no sugar added frozen yogurt. It was good. It's not sweets I'm wanting though, ready for something savory.