Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Self Payers in Florida

I am in Orlando and did 14500. I tried to use Shillingford, but his office never returned calls or emails, and I didn't want to make the 3 hour round trip down there just to walk into his office and ask for an appointment :(

I just called the office of Dr. Shillingford last week and Nancy spent over 20 minutes explaining and answering any question I had. She was very informative, polite and professional and made great impression on me as well as giving me some of the confidence I was looking for to go ahead and meet them.

I am meeting them this coming Wednesday and looking forward for this.

I also got a reply from OCC in Mexico where they quoted me for $6,500 + $200 for Post Op medication + additional fees for paying with credit card + I need to consider the cost of airfare for 2.

To me it looks like no brainer to have it done locally for the $10,500 with the Post Op local support then go to Mexico and take the risk. Also, this will help with the tax deductions for medical expanses at the end of the year.

Anyway, Nancy provided me quite a lot of written info as well as references from other patients (phone numbers to call them directly). I will post additional updates from my face to face appointment this coming week.

Forgot to mention earlier but as a comparison, I called my doctor friend in TN and asked him to get me local quotes from his source. Got a quote couple of day ago for $20-$25K!!! Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have searched for a surgeon from TX to FL and I finally found a facility in Dothan AL! The cost for self pay is about $12000, but I have a hernia so that cost is cut in half. My insurance will be footing the bill for the hernia repair and I owe $5995. The facility is Flowers hospital Bariatric Center. I'm going with Dr. Robbins, he did my EGD.

You can claim it on your taxes if your total expenses exceed a certain amount. I don't remember the number, but I was self pay last year, and it didn't make a dent in our taxes at all.

Just wanted to give another thumbs up for Dr. Shillingford! He did my surgery last August (I traveled from MN for his self pay price), and I'm down 108 pounds, and only 7 from GOAL! No complications, and a very progressive post op diet, which does not include a liquid or puree phase once you leave he hospital. I had a great experience!

Anyone have a recommendation for the west coast of Florida? I know of Dr Dietrick in Tampa that had a self-paced price of $14600 but I'd like to see if there is anyone else out there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I am in Orlando and did 14500. I tried to use Shillingford, but his office never returned calls or emails, and I didn't want to make the 3 hour round trip down there just to walk into his office and ask for an appointment :(

What Dr did you use? I am in Orlando and don't think my insurance will cover the surgery

Had mine done at ORMC by Dr Jawad i was also a self pay he was awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am going to the seminar next week. Not sure if both Dr Jawa and Dr Teixeira will be there. Looking for reviews on both

Hello I'm new here been researching sleeve and docs to go to so far have a consult with

Dr Shillingford $10,500 & Dr Tagger $7899 both in SOFL

I am in Orlando if anyone has any good recommendation ?

Bit cautious of the Tagger price he was in AL hospital just moved to SOFL read one bad review on him someone said she was in ICU ?

Thank you in advance.

When is your consult with Dr shillingford? I am going to mine next week. I'm in Tampa and would like to use Dr Dietrick but his self-pay price is $14,600