Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved on 4-13-16.....Food Talk. Need friends!

Hi All,

I had my WLS on April 13th. I am 10 days post op. Feeling fantastic. I will say that with all the prep and planning, over thinking and organizing, now that it is here and green light. I find myself confused and not informed as I thought I was. This biggest thing I think that I am screwing up is the size of my Protein Shake. 1 Scoop of Unjury and 8oz of nut milk or milk. Is that too big? How long should I be taking to consume that? I take like 10 minutes and I do not feel full like when I eat 1/2 cup of scrambled egg for first time. My doc told me to start playing with soft food. No meat till 4th week, but at my 10th day, I am eating cottage cheese, scrambled egg and yogurt. I am just worried about stretching my stomach with Protein Shakes. Lets discuss this. I am sooooo excited though, feel fantastic and I am melting.

Hi Kip,

Welcome!

Congratulations on taking such a big step. It sounds like you are doing great.

First, if you were sleeved you don't have a pouch, so if you follow your food phases and guidelines you don't need to worry about stretching a pouch. The stretchy part of your stomach was removed.

Second, have you tried making your unjury with Water instead of milk?

liquids (and semi liquids like yogurt and cottage cheese) are easier to consume early out. You won't really feel"full". I look to feel satisfied. If you slow down a little, you will give your brain a chance to catch up and you should feel more satisfied.

Keep up the great work and make sure you get in your Protein and fluids and you will melt away!

(Just a heads up, you will probably stall pretty soon. Almost everyone stalls about three weeks post-op for the first time. It is a completely normal part of the process.

Hi Kip,

I was sleeved on the 13th also. So glad to see you are doing well. You inspired me to give the fat free cottage cheese a try this morning. I was going to wait until tomorrow, but what the heck. Tiny steps. For what it's worth, the program I am in says we need to do 64 ounces of Water and 80 grams of Protein a day. It can be however you want with approved consistency foods. I am still struggling to get that much down, but figure once I get to pureed foods it will be better. You can try fat free re fried Beans with melted cheese and a little fat free sour cream. Also, you can add cheese, spices to your eggs. And there is a ricotta bake out there if you google it that I think a lot of people like. I think you can do sweet potato too. I feel great also. Two days ago not so much. But glad to be here now. Congrats on your decision. It ain't easy, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Right on, Thank You both.

Just having somebody to reassure me and answer back was awesome. I will get this. Really excited to start having fun with food and enjoying food again.....this way.

Hi Kip. I also had my sleeve done on April 13th! I can't tolerate eggs yet. I use the EAS Protein powder which calls for 2 scoops. I blend it with 1 cup skim milk, some ice and PB2! It's very very filling. It does take me a while to finish it. That gives me like 27 grams of Protein also. I haven't tried cottage cheese yet . I did order the proti Soups from the bariatric website and I will say the Tomato and chicken are the best!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Ok, so, it's 11 days out. Yesterday I tried a little ff cottage cheese for Breakfast. It did well. No issues. Then I went crazy. Don't try this at home kids. We went out to a Deli/restaurant (TooJays). If you know it then you love it. They have this tuna salad, chicken salad and egg salad plate that I ordered. Tried all 3 and still NO issues. I made sure to go slow, and chew thoroughly and I stopped before I was full. Probably ate 1/2 cup or less total. It was the best darn salad trio I've ever had! Then if that wasn't enough, we went to Olive Garden last night and I proceeded to eat 1/2 of a chicken meatball with sauce. Yes. I know, this is not advised quite yet, but I felt like I died and went to heaven. And yes. one half of a meatball was satisfying. Although I did have another bite when I got home. YUMMY! And once again, NO issues. A little scary, but in a freaking awesome way! Here to tall you that there is HOPE!

I also was sleeved on the 13. All you guys are way ahead of me. I was able to add creamed Soup. I had an issue the first week the lady that went over our stuff. Told us we needed 64 oz of h2o plus the two Protein shakes. So that was an extra 16oz of liquid. Plus Jello or pop cicles so it was like I was drowning. I only lost 9 pounds since Pre surgery day at office. 17 from hospital morning of surgery. Crazy about the wights. I am so scared I totally destroyed my stomach. Yesterday I did good. My problem is I take so many pills now all the Vitamins I fell that is all I do and fill up on them!!! Help

Ok, so, it's 11 days out. Yesterday I tried a little ff cottage cheese for Breakfast. It did well. No issues. Then I went crazy. Don't try this at home kids. We went out to a Deli/restaurant (TooJays). If you know it then you love it. They have this tuna salad, chicken salad and egg salad plate that I ordered. Tried all 3 and still NO issues. I made sure to go slow, and chew thoroughly and I stopped before I was full. Probably ate 1/2 cup or less total. It was the best darn salad trio I've ever had! Then if that wasn't enough, we went to Olive Garden last night and I proceeded to eat 1/2 of a chicken meatball with sauce. Yes. I know, this is not advised quite yet, but I felt like I died and went to heaven. And yes. one half of a meatball was satisfying. Although I did have another bite when I got home. YUMMY! And once again, NO issues. A little scary, but in a freaking awesome way! Here to tall you that there is HOPE!

I was also sleeved on 4-13. Stayed on liquids for 3 days..moved to full liquids for 2 and felt so good I went right into soft foods. I've not had difficulty eating anything as long as I take small bites and chew thoroughly. The only problem I have is hitting my Protein and Fluid goals. The Protein shakes make me queasy and the Isopure I just can't handle now. Searching for other protein options and working on Fluid levels. Enjoy the journey.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using the BariatricPal App

Hey guys, you make me feel a little worried not that I see what you all are eating. At my 7 day post op appointment (I was sleeved on 4/14), my surgeon basically gave me the go ahead to have any type of food I can handle as long as I chew it very well. They said as long as I'm chewing my food well then I am basically pureeing my food as I eat it. I've even had chicken, small pieces and chewed very well of course. I haven't had any problems, other than filling up quickly.

Now at 10 days out, my only issue has been the incisions on my belly. I've had some numbness and itching. It feels uncomfortable for my shirt to even touch my stomach. Is anyone having any problems like that?

Hey guys, you make me feel a little worried not that I see what you all are eating. At my 7 day post op appointment (I was sleeved on 4/14), my surgeon basically gave me the go ahead to have any type of food I can handle as long as I chew it very well. They said as long as I'm chewing my food well then I am basically pureeing my food as I eat it. I've even had chicken, small pieces and chewed very well of course. I haven't had any problems, other than filling up quickly.

Now at 10 days out, my only issue has been the incisions on my belly. I've had some numbness and itching. It feels uncomfortable for my shirt to even touch my stomach. Is anyone having any problems like that?

My incisions itch too. That is a sign of healing. Really only a couple of them itch but i think they are the larger ones and they just take longer to heal. If your shirt irritates them you may want to put a large bandage over those for a while longer.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using the BariatricPal App

Hello Kip, I too was sleeved on 4/13. Things are going well. Following the same diet as Miss Staci. Starting a walking program and get to start soft foods on Thursday. Only complication I dealt with was dehydration. Feeling much better now and wait for my tummy not to be so sore. Glad I found a group of 4/13ners