Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any surgery pals this week?

I'm 5 days post surgery and on the liquids, I'm. Really hungry, irritable, gassy and having pains when I swallow. Any ideas on what I can do to be more creative with the liquids. This is tough.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hey I'm 4 days post op and having a hard time with liquids as it hurts to swallow. I found that drinking through a straw is much easier. Also I tried crystal light mixed with my Water and it was easier to drink than straight Water. Lastly I used to love ice cold water but now I found I can tolerant warm or room temp water much better on my stomach.

Honestly I'm over the whole plain water thing aleady. I tried tea yesterday but without sugar or honey it was pretty gross. Today my mom bought me a Frappuccino from Starbucks with fat free milk, sugar free Syrup and no whip cream and I was able to drink half of a small size. Now that I think about it I'm not sure I should've had that since milk wasn't on my post op guidelines until day 7. this is definitely tough. I'm not quite hungry yet I just keep walking in the kitchen as more of a habit than me being hungry.

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

I should have stayed the extra night. I wanted to get home

To my kids and I was feeling great at first. I bet if I had the hospital

Meds in me I'd be feeling a little

Better. But each day will

Get better im sure.

I feel the same way too. I have a 2 month old and an almost 2 year old so I was rushing to get home. Now it's even harder.

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

Hi I had surgery in 28 April. I had major issue with the anesthesia and nausea. Overall I am doing well. I did stay an extra day in the hospital and I think that really helped. For the nausea they ended up putting a patch on me. The patch made a difference.

I am doing well with keeping Water down. Each day is getting better.

​ I need to refocus... I have hunger pains... just want to chew and swallow now !!! 3 weeks of just liquids and one more to go

I will try some Jello did make it with Protein drink. Its evening and i hid myself all day from the kitchen. Hey silly things work for me the kitchen is down the hall away from my room thank God.

Funny you said that ,i fell straight too sleep last night. Today had first week post op office visit weighted in at 219 LBS

progress. Must work on getting to 10000 steps now.

35 hours and counting

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Me too! Where are you having yours?

Based on the time gonna assume you are australian. Having mine done at calvary north adelaide

Haha no, but I wish I was! Lol. I'm on the East Coast in the United States but having it done in Tijuana Mexico tomorrow. Good luck to you and much success!! I've never been to Australia but it's on my to do list.