Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So now that I'm maintaining a healthy size, I have an issue.

I have no idea how to answer but I'm curious to see what others say. Personally even thoigh I've lost 150 lbs i still have the mentality of the fat girl who ws always trying to hide herself with baggy clothes, oversized hoodies and such.

I have no idea how to answer but I'm curious to see what others say. Personally even thoigh I've lost 150 lbs i still have the mentality of the fat girl who ws always trying to hide herself with baggy clothes, oversized hoodies and such.

150??? You go, girl!! Good for you!!! <3

You acquire basic/essentials that you keep all year round as a base/foundation for fashion throughout the year. Then you rotate in and discard seasonal items one by one.

Some people go to Plato's Closet or consignment shop route too to swap out or unload old clothing to make room for new stuff, especially if they have a taste for fashionable clothes.

most people say once your closet is full then for everything you bring in something goes out. Personally I would go through the closet seasonally, get rid of what you no longer love and see what you need/want to add.

Edited by Christinamo7

I tend to have a shopping issue (as in addiction lol) wearing 3x 26/28. I better start saving my pennies for when I actually look good in clothes. I'll need to cut up my credit cards. ;-)

Edited by KristenLe

But I LOVE everything!!!

But I LOVE everything!!!

In that case, invest in all those lovely storage/compact clothing doo-dads and contraptions I see on QVC ;)

You acquire basic/essentials that you keep all year round as a base/foundation for fashion throughout the year. Then you rotate in and discard seasonal items one by one.

Some people go to Plato's Closet or consignment shop route too to swap out or unload old clothing to make room for new stuff, especially if they have a taste for fashionable clothes.

I have a really big closet. REALLY big. <3

Some people are just shoppers regardless of size. I like to wear current season clothing. When I get a little older, I will invest in Chanel and St John suits. Until then, I am going to buy trendy seasonal clothing and donate it when I am tired of it. I take so many selfies in things, and go out in my clothes a lot, I usually only wear an item once anyway.

You should try Rent the Runway unlimited. I am going to try it for the summer, since I have so many social engagements. It will save me a fortune. You live on the coast, it should work really well for you.

https://www.renttherunway.com/unlimited

Shopping is my cardio and my #2 hobby after travel. Never going to stop till I am in the grave.

Clothes aren't my issue though, fine leather goods in the form of shoes and purses are. That is where the $$$$$ really stacks up.

Lipstick ... my closet's probably not as big as yours. ;)

I don't think there's a single right way to build one's wardrobe.

Here's how I've gone about building a new wardrobe -- since, obviously, absolutely nothing I wore 100 pounds ago fits me anymore.

My clothing style is now and has been since the 1980s what's known as "classic." On Pinterest I'm always pinning articles called "The Five-Piece French Woman's Outfit." When I worked, I wore pantsuits. These days I've moved in the direction of senior-citizen rocker chic.

I wear a lot of black, white, grey and denim. The brightest items in my wardrobe are a truly wonderful collection of Hermes scarves and shawls.

I seldom wear knee-length dresses (my knees and calves are not my best body part). So I wear lots of slacks and jeans, including skinny jeans, which I have in black, dark wash, light wash and white. I've got multiple white cotton shirts / blouses, black blazers, leather moto-jackets. Obviously, I like uniforms -- must be that lifelong pantsuit habit. ;)

Like you, I'm a bargain shopper of high-end pieces. I shop at an amaze-balls high-end consignment shop that offers amazing choices. I find some great belts at TJMaxx, good yogawear at JCPenney, and love the deeply discounted sales at Dillards. When we travel to larger cities, I check out higher-end outlet malls -- Worth, St. John, etc.

I have listed all my clothes in an Excel spreadsheet, tagged by color, piece, where and when I bought them, how well they currently fit, etc. I also keep a list of pieces I would like to add to the rotation, which helps me shop for specific pieces and is more disciplined (and less expensive) than just "going shopping."

Now, if I could just devote this much organization and discipline to my spring yard work!

P.S. I'm a lot more interested in shoes than I used to be -- today I wore 5-inch platform peep-toe boots, because my knees don't hurt like they used to when I was obese. It's so freaky to walk down the street and be five foot ten inches tall! Good freaky, that is. :)

I have listed all my clothes in an Excel spreadsheet, tagged by color, piece, where and when I bought them, how well they currently fit, etc. I also keep a list of pieces I would like to add to the rotation, which helps me shop for specific pieces and is more disciplined (and less expensive) than just "going shopping."

OMG an excel spreadsheet? How have I not thought of that before. I am going to code a database for my clothing and accessories tonight!

Thanks for the idea.

Clothes aren't my issue though, fine leather goods in the form of shoes and purses are. That is where the $$$$$ really stacks up.

You don't even want to know about my shoe and handbag collection. That bad habit started because I was a fatty, too. I justified it because shoes and handbags fit no matter how much you over indulged the week before. :D

I was devastated when I lost 110+ pounds because I lost a shoe size, too. Then I figured out that I can now fit into tall boots. Frye is SO thankful for my WLS.

We need to shop together, clearly. We have 7 high end consignments shops within 15 miles of me. Two are run by the junior league and none of them take ANY clothing that you would find at a typical mall. One is so far out of my price range, I can't do anything but drool a bit when I walk in to pet the clothes.

http://www.alicemcqueenconsignment.com/home.html

As far as your spreadsheet? Girl...you're sick.

Like you, I'm a bargain shopper of high-end pieces. I shop at an amaze-balls high-end consignment shop that offers amazing choices. I find some great belts at TJMaxx, good yogawear at JCPenney, and love the deeply discounted sales at Dillards. When we travel to larger cities, I check out higher-end outlet malls -- Worth, St. John, etc.

Yes, I know I'm sick. ;)

I love it. :)