Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you actually "stall" during liquid pre-op? Im getting frustrated :(

I have been actively dieting since 02/21/2016 to meet my pre-op requirements. I have gone from 315 to 290 on my own before the liquid pre-op that started 04/11/2016.

I am on day 9 of the pre-op, drinking my five RTD premier Protein shakes, drinking at least 80oz. of plain Water a day. I have chicken broth during lunch time to help with hunger pangs, and a sugar free Jello cup at some point during the day if the hunger gets to me. My daily total is on target, 800 calories a day, 25 carbs per day, my sodium is a total of 2325 mgs per day. NUT said that SF Jello, SF Popsicle and chicken broth are "freebies" to a degree (also said dont worry about sodium, but i still watch it very closely), but i dont do popsicles and I only have one cup of broth and a single jello cup.

Thats it. Literally. Haven't strayed once. I walk 20 to 30 minutes a day, and use my stretch tubes for strength training.

I've lost 5 pounds, on my best day, putting me at 285. Most days, Im bouncing between 286 and 287.

TOM came and went, so Im fairly sure its not that.

My surgeon said he would like to see me at 280 by surgery day on 4/25/2016. That leaves me only 5 days left.

I feel like crying. Im taking all the supplements. Im following my plan exactly. In my paperwork, they say that I should lose between 8 to 15 pounds on liquid pre-op, and that its an indicator of being off-plan if you don't.

Im not giving up by any means, but I am worried. Nutritionist is supposed to be calling me back today, so I am hoping he can offer some insight as to what is happening.

I can relate. I started this process on January 28, I was 311 pounds. I got to 275 just following recommendations from the dietician. My liquid diet started 4/11 just like yours and I was 275, it has been 9 days and I am at 272 so I've only lost 3 pounds. I feel like my body just isn't taking in enough to let go of any weight right now.

I had one day where I gained but the next day it came back off. I am on day nine but have just lost 10.5 pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Please, please, please, stop worrying.

You are doing everything you are supposed to do. Do you think your surgeon can't see from your progress to date that you are following recommendations?

You can only do what you can do. Whether your body goes along with the program is outside of your control.

Hang in there!