Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First 3 days after surgery

Jax mom how is your weight loss going if you do not mind sharing of course. It was mentioned on a post awhile back that if you have revision surgery you do not loose as much as someone having the sleeve for the first time. It sounds like Florida Chris is doing good just wondering how others are doing with their weight loss when having a revision.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

No I don't mind sharing at all- that's if you are nice in your response! ( I don't mean you jenetts- I've just been watching an ugly thread play out somewhere else on this site and some people are not not nice!). I was banded down in the Dominican about 7 years ago. At my highest I was 197- not a super high number, except I'm only a whopping 5 foot tall. In shoes. I also have had a full knee replacement, back and foot surgery. I needed to get weight off and I did somewhat with the band. (I'm not going to go back into the 25 plus years of dieting, pills and a long bout with throwing up that got me to surgery- lets just say i didn't wake up one day and say "what a pain this fat is!!! I'm going to fly off down to the Dominican and get this fixed!!!!") anyway I slowly stared regaining in January. I figured it was time for a fill so i went to see my doctor. He went to inject the port and announced "it's broke- no good" (my doctor is Russian and in a Russian accent it was kinda hilarious) anyway he said no problem- he would remove my band and make a sleeve. And a month later, he did!!! He said i had a lot of scar tissue and I'm going to have a smaller pouch but that's great with me!!! So numbers: I went in on surgery day at 177. I'm now 171. Again.... Before anyone wants to start with negative comments, just don't take your time typing. I am so so so tired of missing vacations, hiding in my room places, not going to wedding, hell the first picture I voluntarily posed for was my profile picture- and only because I got to hide behind an animal. I want and need to lose this weight for my mental and physical health. My goal? 145. I would like to do it in 6 months. I'm like a turtle... Slow and steady wins the race!!!!! So that's that. I wish everyone a good night!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Congrats on the weight you did Lose and having a goal set. I wish nothing but the vest and hopefully we can do it together. I thank you for sharing your story. Have a good night and I look forward to speaking with you and hearing about your progress, I go on 6/22.

I wish you nothing but the best jaxmom

So June! Awesome! That gives you time to get everything together, last minute stuff, etc. I personally nested. ;) Will this be a revision or a first sleeve? Any goals or expectations? I'm hear to chat with whenever as long as you are willing to bear with some silly questions at times and a general good sense of humor. I don't like all the NO!!!!! NEVER!!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING????DIDNT YOU THINK AT ALL?!?!? YOU CANT BE SERIOUS ENOUGH ABOUT THIS!!!! And so forth. The later it gets the more heated it gets... I think it's because people are trapped in a computer room with low blood sugar. Everyone needs to stretch, maybe eat a yogurt? Good thoughts good good thoughts. Be well jenetts!!!!

It's a revision from band to sleeve. Any recommendations will be very much appreciated. I'm doing the food funeral now lol

You asked for a tip so here is one- be careful what you listen to and get caught up in on this site. I think 99.9 percent who leave comments are thoughtful, caring and really go above and beyond for strangers- then you have the negative Nell's or Nellies (I loved LHOTP growing up- there my age showed!!!) who want to argue, tell you you aren't ready, you are too ready, your cat isn't ready for you to have surgery.... I try to imagine those people with talky talky hand puppet gestures behind everyone's back because they know everything . Anyway don't forget why YOU are doing this and you have all the control once surgery is over. Just you. Quite empowering to think about huh?? It will all be FINE. Because I say so! ;)

So June! Awesome! That gives you time to get everything together, last minute stuff, etc. I personally nested. ;) Will this be a revision or a first sleeve? Any goals or expectations? I'm hear to chat with whenever as long as you are willing to bear with some silly questions at times and a general good sense of humor. I don't like all the NO!!!!! NEVER!!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING????DIDNT YOU THINK AT ALL?!?!? YOU CANT BE SERIOUS ENOUGH ABOUT THIS!!!! And so forth. The later it gets the more heated it gets... I think it's because people are trapped in a computer room with low blood sugar. Everyone needs to stretch, maybe eat a yogurt? Good thoughts good good thoughts. Be well jenetts!!!!

I so agree about the comments! I feel like people can be a little nicer even if you're direct. Anywho, best wishes on your journey, I'm 7 days post-op.

Help!!!!!!! Question about water- had my surgery on the 2O. Sipping Water has been brutal. This morning I can drink no pain at all. For some reason, this terrifies me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shouldn't it still hurt? Feel restricted?? I hope someone knows so I can stop running around the house yelling "bee-do bee-do bee-do" (that's my troubled minion cry) because my hubby says someone needs to get work done (im guessing him?). Anyway fellow sleevers does this mean it's leaking?????????

Florida Chris 13.9 lbs down???? Awwwwww I'm doing my happy dance for you!!!! The dog thinks dancing with mommy is fun so she's dancing for you too!! Ok so I'm not leaking like an old boat? Is it because our tummies are healing? I'm just used to feeling that restricted feeling and all at once- gone. How many ounces are you taking in at a time? I don't want to stretch/break/ explode anything. What a mess that would be huh? Lemmie know and keep up the good work!!!

Thank you !! I am not really measuring per say. I would say I am definitely not gettinting the 64 oz yet. Maybe getting half or a little more. I am not gulping but taking decent sips. I will say that ice pops are my new best friends though. I started back at work today so no ice pops... I think I am going threw withdrawls !