Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My last food loving eat all I want phase before my liquid diet.

I'm 42. I'm am considered a low BMIer. My BMI is only 36 but I'm eating so much this week before my liquid diet lol who know! Ha ha I just seem to want everything I know I will never eat again! Has anyone else done this? I latterly feel the weight! Disgusting I know. Tonight was my last bye bye fat meal. I'll try n fain control n start my liquid diet n three days when I see doctor n two days. The next day is my liquid diet and after that my sleeve.

I have dreamed about this and I have been lucky for it to be available with my insurance. I was going to see the doctor about self pay and learned I could have my insurance pay it 100%! Not only that. I started process about two months ago but because I have documented history of gastric balloon before n weight loss up in down he said I can have my blood work n two days and then schedule surgery in as soon as three weeks!! I have high cholesterol. I am not in the USA but I'm American. So rules here r not the same.

What I'm worried about? Well first I'm over the moon happy. But I worry about not being able to sustain the change n my eating. I can do it! I have changed before but never for life or else I wouldn't need this right? I'm being honest. Has anyone else felt this and overcame that fear?

Don't say see a therapist lol cus I am one. Lol

Lol I know what I need to do but I'm just scared I fail

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

When I went in for my surgery the girl in the hospital bed next to me had changed clothes into her gown and laid down for her pre-op routine. She had put on 5lbs since she had seen the doctor last and swore up and down she lost weight on her liquid diet. The doctor sent her home and said "we will reschedule your surgery for when you want to take this more seriously."

I guess what I'm saying is don't go overboard. I'm two months post op (70lbs lost) and I've dabbled with things like ice cream, Taco Bell, chick fil a, whataburger, alcohol, etc. You must realize your relationship with food moving forward is not a "never again" type scenario but is most certainly a "in extreme moderation" one.

Welcome @@koddie, this forum is a wonderful place for questions and support. Keep coming back! Yes, it is definitely a lifestyle change, but it is up to you to make it "for life". The only thing I said goodbye to was my maple French toast Bagels, I knew that they would be the one thing that would lead me back to eating the way I did before surgery. I agree with @@JLilley417, this is not a "never again" diet, but a major change in the relationship with food and how and what you eat over the next coming months until you are in the maintenance phase. It is completely normal to be scared, but you will not fail if you stick to the guidelines your surgeon gives you. Protein and fluids will become your new bestfriend. Ask a lot of questions and keep seeing your therapist, I wish you the best of luck on this amazing journey. It is well worth it!​

First of all, there is nothing you will never be able to eat again. If you are getting VSG, then you will eventually be able to eat all the same foods you can eat pre-op. Whether or not you will choose to eat those things is a different story.

food funerals are common, but you need to remember why you are doing this.

The truth is 50% of the people who have WLS regain at least half of the weight they lost post-op. Some (I don't know how many) even regain all the weight they lost.

The other 50% figure out, by hook or crook -- sometimes with the help of an effective therapist -- how to change their lifestyle in terms of how they eat, exercise, and care for themselves in many ways.

Some people even restructure their lives and change or rebuild their relationships, jobs, avocations, hobbies, etc.

A lot of people here have figured out how to live healthier and stay slim. Some others are struggling to do so. It's clear as a bell to me, after being on this forum for the last two years, that losing a lot of weight post-op is no guarantee that you will get healthy or stay slim.

You really have to want it bad. And even that doesn't guarantee anything. It's your behavior that determines your long-term success.

P.S. I'm only 19.5 months post-op. I'm maintaining easily now at 135 pounds. But that's because I'm blessed with a little healthy paranoia and a good therapist. ;)

Thanks so much. I love this forum. I am feeling excited and I am ready to change. I just have a fear u know? I guess it's understandable. I have great support and then I have this forum now.

I order the items for my liquid diet and I'm getting my head ready. I had to express my fear to ppl on here. Somehow I feel weak if I admitted it to my loved ones.

Thanks everyone! Xoxoxox

I about 195 pounds and I'm five feet. I would love to be 135 pounds! Have not seen that in years!!!

My motivation? I have two small kids I want to be alive to watch grow into young me! I don't want the health issues I saw my father go through because of obesity.

Keep on track as you have already read above.......as there is no food you can't have in the future. Absolutely zero need for food funerals now. Get on that liquid diet as soon as you can and start losing now at an impressive rate.

The goal is to lose weight.......not to wait for the surgery to lose weight. Begin losing now by committing to the new way of living.