Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Skin on my chiny, chiny, chin, chin.

I have a dumb question but I'm really worried about it. It makes me shallow and I feel bad about it but...

Will the skin of my double chin get saggy like the rest of my body? I can handle the rest of my body because I can cover it up but not my face.

:-/

Ugh I was trying to be clever with the title and messed it up!!! Ugh I'm such a goober.

well. the answer is, who knows? it is going to vary from person to person. I am 46 and so far my skin there is just fine. other's have issues. will I have more sagging as I go to goal? I don't know.

I do take salmon oil - and I think fish oil is beneficial to skin health, so you might look at that and other skin helping supplements.

not a dumb question at all.

Edited by Christinamo7

I had a huge double chin 146lbs a go. Now I am at goal.

I did have some loose skin under my chin that was very noticeable. Now 18 months post op that sagging under my chin has improved some and is hardly noticeable.

There are excercise should can do to help too.

I wish exercises would get rid of all my other loose skin but I fear that is not going to happen.

Good luck

Great question !! A very good friend of mine was 460 when he had his surgery. As he lost he made sure to take his supplements, drink his Water and exercise. As he went his skin tightened up. Yes, some areas took longer but he is 20 years post opp and you would never know he had surgery unless he told you. Skin is normal and other than being a human chia pet he looks great !

In my case the answer is yes! I have lost 60 lbs so far and I think 25 of that was in my face. LOL, the problem is I am an older lady of 62 and that is leaving me with some face wrinkles. I told my hubby that before it was over he was going to be married to a much older woman (meaning me). He's ok with it and I guess I will have to be.

Well at 135 pounds / 10 months post-op, yep, I have a turkey neck and I absolutely HATE it! People tell me they don't even notice it even when I point it out, but it is the one part I really stare at and can't wait to get nipped/tucked. I am even been doing this laser skin tightening thing and it MIGHT have helped but I am not really convinced....

I did not like my face at about 18 months out- it was turkey neck and a full luggage set under my eyes. Time has help a lot. I still have a little sag under the chin but not enough that it really bothers me. My mom however is a different story, as a woman almost 70, her weight loss has not restored her neck. In fact, her deflated double chin is evidence of her weight loss, just like my droopy panni and flappy arms are evidence of mine. I'll take losing over 100lbs though every time.

You all talk'n 'bout my turkey waddle??? Yeah, I have one. Yeah, I hate it.

I just have to decide whether at 63yrs if I want to undergo skin surgery. I can cover up loose stomach skin, but there's no hiding a flapping neck.

I also have the starts of the 'gobbler' neck.

That is why I am considering not pushing for another 30lbs, maybe 15.

I have wings (flags), a deflated muffin top, and the e-l-o-n-g-a-t-e-d b00bs.

gravity sucks!

Omg I'm cracking up! The panni is the thing that will freak me out I know this. But my double chin is now gone and I'm left with the weirdest wrinkles! They go up and down- from just under my chins down about 2 inches and they look like an elastic band- about 20 of them really really close together! Look!post-284996-14595169721576_thumb.jpg

Now this is really close up- it's about 2 inches wide. I can only imagine that since I'm 9 days post op it will get worse. I'm thinking Botox- quick!!!

Edited by LisaMergs

I didn't read all the responses so you may be getting duplicate info here...but one year out from lapband surgery and with a loss of about 100 lbs., I looked in the mirror and saw an old and saggy lady looking back.

Fast forward two years...another 40-50 lbs. down, and with the help of a therapist and just time...I still have a turkey neck but it's not horrible. I did tighten up some and with makeup and nice outfits, I don't think anyone is really paying attention. Besides...over the last 18 months, I went back into the dating world and not a single man I met ever seemed to be aware of any sag or wrinkles. I got more than my share of compliments and the guy I'm in a committed relationship with, who has seen all of me...thinks I'm the sexiest thing out there.

I'm telling you...we are hardest on ourselves. I bet your neck area will be more than fine over the next year or so. If by next year, you still feel awful about this area, go check out plastic surgeons.

Good luck!