Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Bariatric Patient

Hi I am Kelly. I am a 32y RN, mother of a 5y daughter and wife to a husband that has a bottomless stomach. I am from Dothan, AL. So us southern ppl are not known for our skinnyness. I have been battling with my weight almost my whole life. I have been under physician supervised wt loss for >2y. Highest wt. 291. I have do every diet and wt loss program possible and I YoYo between 290-260.

I have been approved for VSG in April. No surgery date yet. Have my last appt 4/6/16. Hopefully I will get a date then. I have been on the 45gm carb diet for 3wks now and have lost 13lbs.

GW- 160

CW- 265

Any help yal can give me would be Great!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

WELCOME AND STICK AROUND ITS A GREAT FORUM THERE IS NO QUESTION TOO STUPID ASK ANYTHING YOU WANT THERE ARE THOUNSANDS OF PEOPLE ON HERE FROM NEWBIES TO VIP'S so ask away. ..

Again Welcome..

Thank you.... My husband is not as supportive as I wish he would be. My occupational therapist/coworker (I am a RN) referee me to this app. She says it is a life saver.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

Hi Kelly, welcome to the group! I hit my heaviest in Apr 2015 at 286, so I'm right there with you. Got my sleeve in Oct and now I'm down 90 pounds. I was the same way trying every weight loss plan out there. I probably have lost and regained close to 700 pounds. I'm 3 pounds away from the lowest I've been in 20 years. Hope to get there soon.

Good luck on your journey.

Kelly i just had my sleeve on monday 3/21/16 and i was also on a supervised medical diet..omg this is NOT easy..im sick of drinking and sipping already... Its tough and gonna take some time...taking Protein before diet is a breeze...now not so much...esp just Fluid wise...welcome but tjis is no joke

Hi! I'm completely new here, but I'm getting the sleeve done on April 25th. I'm a 38 year old mother of 3 (ages 6,4 and 2). I've been told that having a 'buddy' to go through this journey with is incredibly beneficial! I think we are on the same track - would you be interested in being my 'buddy'??

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm from Carmel, Indiana

Stay at home mom (for the time being). Just got my surgery scheduled yesterday and am a little nervous, but mostly excited! Have a meeting with the nutritionist on the 12th and will have to start a pre-op diet then. I am dreading that.

I have my nutritionist appt 4/6/16. I hope I get a date then. Are you on a carb restriction diet right now? I am on 45gm carb restriction. It's hard. I start ordering single servings of Protein shakes to see which one I will use for the liquid pre-op diet. Have you found one?

FatKellyRN>soontobe<SleeveKellyRN

I'm not on any restrictions right now - but I did find a good Protein shake. I got it from costco and its 30g of Protein per shake. My sis-in-law had the sleeve done about 18 months ago and it's one she recommended. They are not tooooo terrible :) I think it's called pure protein, but I can double check that tomorrow - I'm already in bed with my sick 6 year old next to me.

Good luck. Im excited for you. Have a friend with similar goal scenario. Shes well on her way and thrilled