Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need to do this, no matter what

A quick tip that is actually useful. You want to have a drink but don't want to be marginalized because you don't drink alcohol? Get an apple juice, Water and ask for a wine glass. Pour the apple juice and cut it with water till the correct color.... Voilà! You have now a glass of white wine.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

And it works with Cranberry juice too! (Red / Rosé wine) .I am not getting tired of this! So funny to see people getting wasted when you are just fine.

Hello Fellow sleevers!

today is my surgery anniversary (2 months out). 50 pounds lighter, doing great.

I am a bit worried with lose skins around the arms but so far nothing I won't be able to fix with weight lifting and motivation.

One great benefit I did not notice until now is.... that I am not the prime target of mosquitos anymore!!!

I used to be their favorite meal. But now the season is starting in Spain again, they see me, sometime fly around, but they don't bite. I used to share that burden with my mother in law that got bitten multiple times when she was visiting....but now she is the only victim. Only for this, I would go for the surgery again!!

selfie 22 5

Yes it is a roller coaster. And it is still going on. I am rebuilding myself a step at the time everyday. I don't know where I would be without the sleeve that prevented me from letting myself go completely. It is not easy but I accepted the fact that it happened. We thought that nothing can hit us, that these stories are always for the others until it hit you with a violence you would not suspect. I still feel terribly guilty about it, even if I know we've done everything we could have. I need to be strong for my daughter and my wife. Believe me, the sleeve is a piece of cake compare to my other challenges.

Hi there Micoxv now back from holidays back in rainy Pembrokeshire just wondered how you were doing. I managed to run 5 days out of seven whilst I was away and now I'm back at home I'm keeping that going. I did not put on any weight on holiday and normally it would be a gain of 7 or even 10 lbs. that's a great tip about the imitation wine !

Hi Chris! Glad to have you back even if it means end of the vacations for you... I am doing fine. Losing at a small pace but a good one. Congrats on your weight control during your holidays. I know how hard it can be and easy to fall for some nasty carbs that our sleeve can tolerate. I am looking forward to my summer break in August. Can't wait!

I started a membership to a new gym next to work that opens very early (6 am is the earliest you can get in Spain). So I went there and spent a total of an hour and a half killing it on weight lifting first, and then ran on a treadmill for 30 minutes. Great feeling of achievement . Then I went to the dressing room to shower and I saw a guy changing with the same little scars on the belly... There were plenty of people dressing up as it is was a busy hour so we could not talk much but it is kind of funny how I knew that I would have a great topic of conversation with him. I know that his surgery is more recent than mine and he is starting to exercise again since a few days. I guess that last year I would have not paid attention to him, or maybe wondering how he could lose weight so fast .

I tell whomever about the surgery. I didn't tell anyone until I was sure I was gonna do it because I didn't want to jinx myself but now who cares? If they ask, I tell. It's MY journey, not theirs, and it was a last resort since every time I lost weight in my life, I would eventually gain it back. I did it mostly for my diabetes (was sick of worrying so much about my sugars because of how I ate-kind of like Mico, only worse because I don't do as much exercise as he does). I could binge on some days up to a little over 10,000 calories at times!! Overweight all of my life. Highest weight was 4 pounds away from 300 at only 5'5"!! Always energetic in my younger years and started to get fatigued more easily lately, before the sleeve. I always said I was destined to be fat, so I accepted it pretty well but I just got sick of the diabetes. I am 51 and wish I would have done this sooner but glad I did it anyway. I don't care what people say. Most people who know have been very supportive so that's probably why I say I don't care. Lol. I am a restaurant general manager and my guests are noticing a difference (only 4 weeks out) and I have much more pep in my step, so to speak. Very touched by your story, Mico, and you inspire me to do more exercise and walking. I really need to rebuild muscle. I'm not getting any younger! Just feeling younger energetically. Good luck and keep us posted!

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

I just come back from my appointment with my so called nutritionist. We had a huge argument. At first she confused me by telling me to stay on liquid 2 weeks more when I am already 2 weeks doing it. Then she said I was taking too much Proteins per day (90-100 g) to which I answer that first of all, I do sport and I don't want to lose muscle. Proteins give me the energy I need and I don't feel tired. I also told her I drink 2 liters of Water a day, so plenty to not expose my kidneys. Then she was not coherent on the kind of purées and Soups I could drink. Very frustrating. She recommended to drink plenty of fresh tropical fruits juice (yeah, I can take the blender with me at work). I asked her about the high sugar content and she admitted it was a downside but plenty of vitamins.... To which I answer I take Vitamins and minerals everyday.... Painful and waste of time. I believe I will follow other recommendations I found from hospitals and doctors on the Internet. I left the room when she suggested to replace cardio with yoga.

That bites! You're doing so well and you are taking in the amount of Protein they tell us to take in! And I am sedentary compared to you and a woman! She doesn't sound very supportive. Keep doing what you are doing and since you don't HAVE to go to her, find another nutritionist. I hope mine doesn't do that to me on my next visit. Sheeesh.

Thank you for sharing CelesteMarie. Everybody has his own approach on the sharing thing. I am a very social extrovert person but private a the same time. I used to be always the funny dude from the group but nobody got to really know me. That is why now at 42 I can still count my friends on the the fingers of one hand. I don't care about what people think. What bother me more is that some people I shared it with reacted in a very weird way as it is triggering either fear, confusion, envy or whatever other feeling. So to avoid this, I am not talking about it. Now if I was doing a job as yours where I am in contact to many people everyday, I would maybe change my approach. May be I should think about it again. Exercise is addictive. I don't feel well when I skip a session for whatever reason. The worst part is to actually get started....

Tomorrow is week 7 post-op and I am doing ok. I decided to let the scale out of my life for a while. I went to visit my sister for a long weekend and I had to be careful about what to eat and not to try. Overall I did good (she knows about my surgery so she bought stuff she knew I would eat, and I REALLY appreciated it). I still tried a couple of things new and except a rice salad that sent me directly to the bathroom, everything else was ok. Did several long walks. Very nice. Back home today and I need to go back to the gym.

Getting on the scales a lot can be dangerous mentally. I avoid it and go by how I feel. I only weigh at doctor appointments. Will find out my loss on June 9 (that will be 6 weeks postop).

Hi Mico

Well I'm still running and I was very surprised on weighing today that I had lost 3 lb ! No running now till Monday but you are right it is strangely addictive. Never ever thought I would enjoy exercise.

Got a busy weekend ahead it's my granddaughters first birthday tomorrow and on Sunday I am going to see a machine that my other half wants to buy. It's the other side of London so quite a pull for us in the car.

I have never in real life met another sleever but it's great to talk to all the folks here on the board. I have made a great friend of soodoo and she has encouraged me no end. Jamie logical put me in the mood for the running and lots of the forum contributes give me a good laugh with their comments. Have a great weekend

One great benefit I did not notice until now is.... that I am not the prime target of mosquitos anymore!!!

I used to be their favorite meal. But now the season is starting in Spain again, they see me, sometime fly around, but they don't bite.

It's really funny you mention this. Sometime, maybe 10-15 years ago,mosquitos just stopped biting me. It's awesome. I spend a lot of time outside in an area that has quite a few mosquitos, yet never get bitten. Literally never.

I was actually wondering as the mosquitos pick up if that will change since having this surgery. I always assumed it was something to do with hormones/diet, etc. That all changes so much after surgery, I hope I still have my anti-mosquito superpowers.

I had my surgery 1 days before yours, so this is my first mosquito season since surgery!