Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need to do this, no matter what

I thought walking was boring, so I got a dog :) now I have to walk every day.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

You may want to try the purée, but make sure that you are at home in case it doesn't go well. You need to gradually introduce these foods to get your stomach used to it. I was very lucky and could tolerate everything, but I know some peoples stomachs need more coaxing. I would stick to your Drs plan.

I thought walking was boring, so I got a dog :) now I have to walk every day.

I wish I had a dog. Unfortunately it is not possible with all my traveling. Furthermore I have a cat that is quite the king of the house and would not welcome any other pet :)

You may want to try the purée, but make sure that you are at home in case it doesn't go well. You need to gradually introduce these foods to get your stomach used to it. I was very lucky and could tolerate everything, but I know some peoples stomachs need more coaxing. I would stick to your Drs plan.

That is a good idea. I will probably give it a try this weekend after talking to my surgeon tonight. I assume that it is a mix of purees and liquids at first? I am doing so well with liquids that I want to make sure I could do something as puree at lunch and a shake in the evening or something like that.

Visit with the doc went very well. He also told me that he put extra care with me as both of us have a common point with tragic events.

He removed the stitches, that a nice relief not to feel the little tension on the skin. I can start sport back with moderation and low intensity. 2 more weeks before weight lifting. I can start purée this weekend and need to be extra careful. I have an appointment with the nutritionist next week. Again, so far so good even if I had some mood swings today and I think everybody noticed at work as they kept good distance. [emoji4]. Another pound gone. I can get used to that.

Friday, finally! Getting tired of this week. The emotional roller coaster is at full speed. I am angry and have very little patience . I drink regularly and I take my Proteins on schedule. I can't sleep very well either. I was up at 5 am and decided to go for 40 minutes of medium intensity elliptical bike. Was great to sweat again and to feel in peace afterward. I decided to do light cardio until I can start eating "real"food". Then I will go for weight lifting.

Edited by Micoxv

I had a good day even if it started this morning with a stall on the scale...I am trying not to pay too much attention to it but it bothers me. I don't recall any comments about stall starting so soon. Now I go to the bathroom every 3 days and I am wondering if the broths I have are not too salty and would help with Water retention? Or my body is just trying to prevent the melting. Anyway, I decided to pass my frustration on the elliptical bike for an hour and burnt 1100 calories. Then Breakfast (protein shake and coffee) and I went to two different archeological museums in Barcelona with my daughter that has a strong interest in anything that is over 10000 years old. Lots of walking which was very nice. Another Protein Shake for lunch. I tried purée tonight (mashed potatoes and chicken grounded very thin). I had about 4 spoons. No nausea nor hick ups. Everything is going well. I am also more relaxed. I believe that doing cardio again will help to calm me down.

Don't worry about the stall @@Micoxv unfortunately there will be many of them. One day definitely does not count as a stall. You will however hit one at about 3 weeks. Almost everyone does. The scale doesn't move for a week or so. You need to do measurements at that time, because you generally continue to lose inches even though the scale doesn't move. Hang in there!

Thank you. I got use to the one pound off a day but I knew it would stop at some point. Did not think it would so early when I am quite active and below 600 cal a day.

Hi Mico you are doing fine. You have made feel a bit ashamed that I don't do more exercise so I have started couch to 5 k ! It's only the first week but I am enjoying it which I did not think I would. I am probably 6 stone lighter than the last time I tried to run so that probably explains it. Good luck for the next week but I am sure you won't need it !

Hi Mico, don't worry about stalling-we've all been there. The scales will move again as long as you are doing all the things that are suggested. Just imagine how much work your body is having to do behind the scenes re-arranging all its bits now that the fat is melting away. There's probably about a dozen little interior designers inside you having hissy fits about what is going where now that the lard is vacating the premises and leaving so much free space! On the dog front-we got another one recently (gives my two cats something else to wallop when junior dog tries to push into the food dish too fast) so now I walk three of them a couple of miles a day. I'm not a gym bunny (swim half a mile at a time though and love that) at all but love the fresh air. Five minutes from home is Bushy Park, a Royal Park, complete with herds of deer, buzzards, grassland, streams, ponds-it's just the best. Google it and be jealous of my daily exercise area. It's the most beautiful morning here in Surrey in the UK so I'm going to have another cuppa, drag husband out of the pit, and sally forth for a mutt march.

You are doing brilliantly Mico, just, as they say, EMBRACE THAT STALL x

Hi Mico you are doing fine. You have made feel a bit ashamed that I don't do more exercise so I have started couch to 5 k ! It's only the first week but I am enjoying it which I did not think I would. I am probably 6 stone lighter than the last time I tried to run so that probably explains it. Good luck for the next week but I am sure you won't need it !

Hi Chris,

Well done on the couch to 5k! Starting is the most difficult part...and the lighter you are the easier it will be. I went o Montjuic this morning, parked down and went up to the castle, good 5 k going up. Felt very good too, but I need a nap now!

Hi Mico, don't worry about stalling-we've all been there. The scales will move again as long as you are doing all the things that are suggested. Just imagine how much work your body is having to do behind the scenes re-arranging all its bits now that the fat is melting away. There's probably about a dozen little interior designers inside you having hissy fits about what is going where now that the lard is vacating the premises and leaving so much free space! On the dog front-we got another one recently (gives my two cats something else to wallop when junior dog tries to push into the food dish too fast) so now I walk three of them a couple of miles a day. I'm not a gym bunny (swim half a mile at a time though and love that) at all but love the fresh air. Five minutes from home is Bushy Park, a Royal Park, complete with herds of deer, buzzards, grassland, streams, ponds-it's just the best. Google it and be jealous of my daily exercise area. It's the most beautiful morning here in Surrey in the UK so I'm going to have another cuppa, drag husband out of the pit, and sally forth for a mutt march.

You are doing brilliantly Mico, just, as they say, EMBRACE THAT STALL x

Hi, thank you for your kind words.

I really like your analogy of little designers fixing things in the background. Yesterday I increased the Proteins as I went for an hour of gym and I lost one pound. Maybe that is the trick? We'll see. I googled the place you mentioned and yes, I would go to the gym if I was living close to such an environment. Hopefully there are a few places around where I live that are not too bad either. I dusted off my old Fitbit and went for a 5k this morning in Montjuic. Lovely morning too.

Hi minty nice to see another UK member!

Hiya Chrisredjeep. How's Wales this glorious day? Surrey has been lovely. Had a five mile walk today. Round Bushy Park, across the road to Hampton Court Palace grounds, down by the elegant Long Water, through Home Park and then to the pub for a caffeine fix! Dogs asleep, husband knackered, me..........? Smug!!!!! post-266130-14597035776061_thumb.jpg