Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need to do this, no matter what

I am not a snacked either but have always ate meals to feel full. Most the people who have not been successful are people who were big snackers. I understand from some people I know that really never felt full before they do for the first time. When you have the sleeve they remove the little thing that makes you hungry which is good for about 6+ months. By that time your eating habits are pretty set. I wish you the very best and commend you, as I do myself for taking this step for yourself. I hope to hear about your journey. Mine starts tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. ((hugs))

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the BariatricPal App

Hi,

I am not sure about snacking and failing. I used to do a lot of binge eating, sometimes outside of meals. I also used to get full to the point of getting sick, throwing up and starting again. Yes, I have been to some dark places.

But not anymore. First of all, with the sleeve, it is painful as hell (old habits die hard).

And my emotions are not acting on my stomach anymore. Not feeling hungry is a blessing. Not sure about the 6 months you are referring to. I am over it and I still don't feel hungry (head hunger is different). I just feel low in energy, some time a bit depressed and then I know it is about time to eat something. Furthermore, the sleeve does not go away. Not in 6 months, a year or more. Yes, it may stretch a bit, so you eat more. You can definitely cheat on it (for me crackers, nuts,chips and other processed foods are sliding down too well, so I avoid them), but what is the purpose?

I want to be in control. So Proteins always come first. Then there is less room for carbs.

Good luck with your journey, and I hope you will be sharing your experience.

If I may give you an advice: don't expect to live and feel everything you read. We are all very different.

Be patient, dedicated and don't lie to yourself. This is a tool, not a magic trick.

These are my advice and it worked for me.

Take care,

Mico.

Today is my 7th month anniversary . Still doing great and trying to go as much as possible to the gym. It is getting a bit more difficult as I often travel to locations where hotels don't have a gym. Sometime I go for a run or a long walk. I try to stay very active. Sleeve still works great. I don't feel hunger which is awesome. I know when to eat because I usually feel weaker, more tired... Or colleagues are reminding me to go for lunch. I became very picky on what I eat and won't waste my tiny stomach with food that is not worth it. I also know what will be well tolerated and what won't . So I don't fall into traps anymore. I hope you are all doing great. Take care, Mico.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Tomorrow I go for month 8 in my journey. I stopped weighting myself for about a month now. I know I keep losing because of my clothes. I already need new pants. I keep going to the gym. I eat what I want, when I want and follow the same basic rules that work for me. Log the food, eat healthy and when you don't... Go running and back to log healthy food again . I ALWAYS burn more calories than I eat in a day, even when I have something I should not. I am in the best shape of my life at 42, which is weird and That is my only regret. Why I did not do this sooner? I recover faster from heavy weight lifting sessions and my sore muscle are ready to go for another round after a good night sleep. I still try to not overdo it and keep injuries away. I drink a lot of liquids , take my Vitamins. However, plain Water is till a problem for me. See you next month. Take care, Mico

post-284259-14797659923615_thumb.jpg

A little pic at 8 months.

Inspirational! You look fabulous and you sound like you feel fabulous, too!

Hi, thank you for your comment . I do feel very well and that is because I am In control and that is the first time it lasts and that I don't screw it up with putting weight back. My worst days now are not even half of a regular day before. That makes all the difference.

9 months today.... Time flies. I am still at 208 pounds or so I think since I stopped weighting myself last month. I can eat a bit more in quantity but the sleeve is still very restrictive, and I love it!

I am still losing fat and gain muscle. Gym is an addiction. 5-6 times a week. I run at least 40 miles a week...and I love it! I am very happy with this journey.

Good to see you doing well. I have followed this thread, especially in the beginning, as I went through the same process. Now 8.5 months out and feeling great. I've lost a total of 105 lbs so far to sit at 189 lbs. I'm working out nearly every day now, a new obsession this month. Just had to find the right exercise that worked for me!

I'd like to lose another 30 lbs. At this point, the weight loss has slowed/stopped in the past 2 weeks after beginning to work out and build strength, which is expected and not too discouraging. I know I'm trading fat for muscle.

Take care.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using the BariatricPal App

Hello, quick update as I have been quiet these days. I am not doing so good as I vomiting quite often after meals. I am trying to eat slowly, I even tried to go back to purée food. It is very random and food that is going well one day may not be well accepted another time. I don't understand why. My level of stress is very high lately (work and home related) and I am traveling constantly for the next weeks. Ithis morning I tried some scrambled eggs in the hotel after the gym and I had to rush to the toilets 15 minutes later. The relief is immediate though once it is out of my sleeve. I don't drink coffee anymore and I try to take food that will go easy on the sleeve. Did anybody experience this 3 months out? Hopefully I have some Protein Bars with me but can't live only on that...

Thanks, Mico.

Hi I am 9 weeks out and suffering with regular vomiting similar to you? Can eat something one day and not other? Did it just seem to stop for you at some point?

Thanks xx

I don't know where to start so I apologize in advance if my story is not that easy to follow.

I am a French guy of 42 years old living in Spain (Barcelona) and I have been fighting with overweight my entire life.

I am currently at 280 but went up to 350 several years ago (for 5 ft 11).

I have been told my entire childhood to finish my plate, so no waste (and also the dish, so no left over, right?).

I am also an epicurean and enjoy food, cooking, craft beers (favorite one is from a US microbrewery) and of course wine.

I have been playing rugby for over 15 years so the overweight damage was under control and I also built up some muscles under my layer of fat.

I have been trying all kind of diets, the latest one was called Dukan diet (basically an "all you can eat protein" one) that showed up pretty effective (went down to 220 in a year) but did not help me with my eating disorder....

I thought I was arrived to a decent level and all the cravings I had were not bearable anymore, so back to 280..

I am a big eater. I have always been a big eater. I don't snack, don't have a sweet tooth, but I can eat a full T-Bone and still feel hungry.

I reach a point I can't get me food sick anymore and it drives me crazy to see I can't control it.

I still do sports (cardio and weight lifting) so I consider myself in a decent shape for a big guy like me.

I need a physical barrier to keep the wolf inside of me. On top of eating a lot, I also eat fast. All the don't dos.

I have been reading everything and anything about bariatric surgery. the book from Andy Butler was an eye opener.

I believe that VSG is right for me. I found my surgeon, and I was scheduled for March 22. I even started to post on that.

Then my life took an unexpected and dramatic turn on March 7. Our baby boy of 21 months passed away, My heart is broken since then.but for some reason my decision on the VSG is stronger than never.

I was also diagnosed with pneumonia (bacterial) on March 11 and today I went for another set of X-Ray after a week of heavy antibiotics. I am recovering very well, even if I still cough. I have been doing all of my prep op tests and everything looks good for my surgeon.

It seems I am a go for March 22, but still need to be confirmed on next Monday.

I want to be done with my life as it is today. I want to stop feeling tired in the morning. I believe I have sleep apnea even I never tested for it.

I want to be more active than I am now for my 6 year old daughter. I want to go jogging with colleagues, I want to feel comfortable on a bike. Aisle seats on plane should not be an obsession.I don't want to become a customer of my company that sells products for diabetic people. I want a new me. A new image. Healthier, stronger, dynamic and different.

Obviously I lost my appetite for a couple of weeks now. I am suffering everyday and I don't see how I will be able to ever fix my broken heart.

At the same time, I have the impression I also need to recenter my attention on myself, be a bit selfish and get ready for that incredible challenge that VSG is.

My wife is worried but supportive, my sister thinks I am crazy and my best buddy tried to convince not to do it. I did not tell anybody else and won't. I am sharing here because I believe it is the right place and the people that are making this community are an inspiration.

Everybody has a different story but the common point I noticed while reading is that there is a lot of respect in the comments and no judging.

Please don't mention condolences or that you are sorry for my loss if you post on this. I assume you are if you have a bit of compassion. This is not the goal of my message. I am looking for tips, experience, real life feedback.

I know I am on an emotional roller coaster and that what is coming will be huge, but at the same time, I am convinced I need this.

Thanks.

Mico

I think your passion & desire for change is 90% of the fight. The other percent is the physical & physiological which I'm sure you will conquer. Keep in mind that food is often used to comfort us when our emotions aren't managed. I strongly believe everyone should have a psychologist just to vent with & say your deepest thoughts & feelings without worrying about repercussions or hurting anyone's feelings. I do this now as my upbringing & life experience is similar to yours presently. Positive thoughts lead to positive feelings with positive outcomes.

Hello, quick update as I have been quiet these days. I am not doing so good as I vomiting quite often after meals. I am trying to eat slowly, I even tried to go back to purée food. It is very random and food that is going well one day may not be well accepted another time. I don't understand why. My level of stress is very high lately (work and home related) and I am traveling constantly for the next weeks. Ithis morning I tried some scrambled eggs in the hotel after the gym and I had to rush to the toilets 15 minutes later. The relief is immediate though once it is out of my sleeve. I don't drink coffee anymore and I try to take food that will go easy on the sleeve. Did anybody experience this 3 months out? Hopefully I have some Protein bars with me but can't live only on that...

Thanks, Mico.

Hi I am 9 weeks out and suffering with regular vomiting similar to you? Can eat something one day and not other? Did it just seem to stop for you at some point?

Thanks xx

h

Hi,

I noticed that I would get sick / vomit if I am too stressed, have a rush meal or eat too much solid Proteins at once (chicken, fish, beef). I am able to control / prevent this in a much better way now than before. And yes, I can eat some steak one day and it will make me sick another day, but that is not always the case. Take it easy and take your time to eat. Chew well too, that is important. Take care

I don't know where to start so I apologize in advance if my story is not that easy to follow.

I am a French guy of 42 years old living in Spain (Barcelona) and I have been fighting with overweight my entire life.

I am currently at 280 but went up to 350 several years ago (for 5 ft 11).

I have been told my entire childhood to finish my plate, so no waste (and also the dish, so no left over, right?).

I am also an epicurean and enjoy food, cooking, craft beers (favorite one is from a US microbrewery) and of course wine.

I have been playing rugby for over 15 years so the overweight damage was under control and I also built up some muscles under my layer of fat.

I have been trying all kind of diets, the latest one was called Dukan diet (basically an "all you can eat protein" one) that showed up pretty effective (went down to 220 in a year) but did not help me with my eating disorder....

I thought I was arrived to a decent level and all the cravings I had were not bearable anymore, so back to 280..

I am a big eater. I have always been a big eater. I don't snack, don't have a sweet tooth, but I can eat a full T-Bone and still feel hungry.

I reach a point I can't get me food sick anymore and it drives me crazy to see I can't control it.

I still do sports (cardio and weight lifting) so I consider myself in a decent shape for a big guy like me.

I need a physical barrier to keep the wolf inside of me. On top of eating a lot, I also eat fast. All the don't dos.

I have been reading everything and anything about bariatric surgery. the book from Andy Butler was an eye opener.

I believe that VSG is right for me. I found my surgeon, and I was scheduled for March 22. I even started to post on that.

Then my life took an unexpected and dramatic turn on March 7. Our baby boy of 21 months passed away, My heart is broken since then.but for some reason my decision on the VSG is stronger than never.

I was also diagnosed with pneumonia (bacterial) on March 11 and today I went for another set of X-Ray after a week of heavy antibiotics. I am recovering very well, even if I still cough. I have been doing all of my prep op tests and everything looks good for my surgeon.

It seems I am a go for March 22, but still need to be confirmed on next Monday.

I want to be done with my life as it is today. I want to stop feeling tired in the morning. I believe I have sleep apnea even I never tested for it.

I want to be more active than I am now for my 6 year old daughter. I want to go jogging with colleagues, I want to feel comfortable on a bike. Aisle seats on plane should not be an obsession.I don't want to become a customer of my company that sells products for diabetic people. I want a new me. A new image. Healthier, stronger, dynamic and different.

Obviously I lost my appetite for a couple of weeks now. I am suffering everyday and I don't see how I will be able to ever fix my broken heart.

At the same time, I have the impression I also need to recenter my attention on myself, be a bit selfish and get ready for that incredible challenge that VSG is.

My wife is worried but supportive, my sister thinks I am crazy and my best buddy tried to convince not to do it. I did not tell anybody else and won't. I am sharing here because I believe it is the right place and the people that are making this community are an inspiration.

Everybody has a different story but the common point I noticed while reading is that there is a lot of respect in the comments and no judging.

Please don't mention condolences or that you are sorry for my loss if you post on this. I assume you are if you have a bit of compassion. This is not the goal of my message. I am looking for tips, experience, real life feedback.

I know I am on an emotional roller coaster and that what is coming will be huge, but at the same time, I am convinced I need this.

Thanks.

Mico

I think your passion & desire for change is 90% of the fight. The other percent is the physical & physiological which I'm sure you will conquer. Keep in mind that food is often used to comfort us when our emotions aren't managed. I strongly believe everyone should have a psychologist just to vent with & say your deepest thoughts & feelings without worrying about repercussions or hurting anyone's feelings. I do this now as my upbringing & life experience is similar to yours presently. Positive thoughts lead to positive feelings with positive outcomes.

Hi,

This is actually very interesting you mention this as I have done that fight alone, and now I really fee the need for psychological support so I don't sabotage my achievement. I don't have that kind of support in my entourage where nobody can get what I have been through and what I am struggling with. You are right about positive thoughts leads to better outcomes and relationship, but it is not always easy. I was in a dark place physically and emotionally. Fixing the body was "easy". For the rest, I did not find a follow such as the "brain sleeve".