Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need to do this, no matter what

Hello, quick update as I have been quiet these days. I am not doing so good as I vomiting quite often after meals. I am trying to eat slowly, I even tried to go back to purée food. It is very random and food that is going well one day may not be well accepted another time. I don't understand why. My level of stress is very high lately (work and home related) and I am traveling constantly for the next weeks. Ithis morning I tried some scrambled eggs in the hotel after the gym and I had to rush to the toilets 15 minutes later. The relief is immediate though once it is out of my sleeve. I don't drink coffee anymore and I try to take food that will go easy on the sleeve. Did anybody experience this 3 months out? Hopefully I have some Protein Bars with me but can't live only on that...

Thanks, Mico.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

So i got my throwing up challenges under control. I can't have lunch in a stressful environment. I need quiet and relaxed time to enjoy lunch. Last Friday I went to a fair well dinner that took forever and it was perfect . Still losing weight, still going to the gym. I start to see the changes (as I get a lot more comments lately). Doing good overall!

Mico, glad to hear that your nausea problem resolved itself (unfortunately I didn't see your post asking for support on that until just now).

Stress is so hard on our bodies and our souls.

Are you doing any meditation or yoga or deep breathing / relaxation exercises? All those things really help me in times of stress.

Mico, glad to hear that your nausea problem resolved itself (unfortunately I didn't see your post asking for support on that until just now).

Stress is so hard on our bodies and our souls.

Are you doing any meditation or yoga or deep breathing / relaxation exercises? All those things really help me in times of stress.

Hello Ann, Sorry for the late reply. I have been traveling quite a lot these last weeks. Yes, stress is hard on us. I am doing some kind of meditation and relaxation exercises and it works. I am coping better with it. I am still going to the gym, and that is still the best stress relief I know. it is a process to control your emotions (in my case it is stress and mostly anger. Not that I am a violent person, but I have very little patience for BS lately :) ).

take care,

Mico

Hi everybody,

a quick update since I have been silent over the last weeks. I have been traveling to work, mostly to the US (was great to get my Quest bars and an awesome pre workout product: Cellucor C4). As you can guess, I am still going to the gym and I am finally entering the Metric world of 2 digits weight !!! I am now 99 Kg! This did not happen since I was 15 years old. This is quite amazing to me.
I am still struggling with my wife that now challenges what I eat (she is concerned with pre workout drinks and Protein bars) and I have no tolerance for those telling me what to do, or not to do.

I take these when I work out or travel (bars in order to skip dinner).

It works (I even start to see some definition and veins on my body when I work out, but abs are still playing hide and seek :) ). With the lose skin in that area, the game will be on for sometime...
On a more positive note, I am officially off the X labels in clothes (L size) and trousers are down to 36-34.
My weight loss is very slow (3-4 pounds a month) but I notice a big change in the way my clothes are fitting. I know that the weight lifting is paying off. It is kind of funny that now that I slowing down on the weight loss, I get the most comments on how good I look. People are weird :) .
Bottom line is that I am still on track, not to goal yet, but I feel good and I am healthier than I was 4 months ago.

have a great day.

Mico.

Edited by Micoxv

Quick update since I hit the 4 months mark last Friday.

I am still doing great. I have some family visiting so I have been cooking (and tasting) a bit more than usual. Nothing crazy though. I had a couple of beers that I was able to drink very slowly, which was new to me :) . A bit of cheese too.

I burnt the extra calories with a good mountain bike ride over the weekend (and not have to worry about the tires on that bike for once :)) , swimming and jogging (my usual 5K).

I have never been so active in my life. I feel like I am 15 years old again. I also bought a new fitbit Blaze watch. I love it. Since it records also the floors / stairs you climb, I am not taking any elevator anymore ;) .

The weight is not changing much on the scale, but I really feel a difference in my body's appearance and my muscle mass / tone / strength. I guess the extra Proteins really help.

Finally, I bought "skinny jeans" a few weeks ago in the US, and they are not "skinny" anymore. Bodyt is still adjusting.

Hope everybody is doing well.

take care,

Mico.

5 months and a few days now.... and still doing good.

Had a great vacation in France (Arcachon) and then Northern Ireland (Belfast) and Ireland (Dublin). It was great. Perfect weather for me running away from over crowded Barcelona and the heat. Did a lot of walking, hiking, etc. every day for an average of 65 miles per week. I had a couple of beers per day, and it was OK as long as I drank them slowly and at least 20 minutes before a meal. I did not really control my food (I can eat anything and that´s what vacation is about) but I did not put any weight back, I actually lost a few pounds. I am back to work and stick to my gym routine - Protein intake.

Hope you all are doing great!

Take care,

Mico

I am almost 10 months into my journey. It was the best decision of my 62 year old life. I struggled with weight since my early 20's. Up and down, at least 5 major times, and many more mini times. My weight ALWAYS came back after the initial loss, be it 35 lbs or 100 lbs. Usually, I would reach my goal and within 6 months of attainment, I would have 90% to 100% back, and within 9 months I would ALWAYS weigh more than the original starting weight. By the time I was 61 my weight had ballooned to 276 and I was still going up, unable to stop it like I had so many times in the past. When I had my surgery last November, after many months of research, I had limited expectations. Now, for the record, I have followed my doctors instructions EXACTLY. I am very disciplined because I do not want to go back to where I was. I have lost 86 lbs. and feel great. My life is infinitely better and I would recommend this surgery to anyone who is seriously looking for a new life. My only advice is to follow the plan. :)

I am almost 10 months into my journey. It was the best decision of my 62 year old life. I struggled with weight since my early 20's. Up and down, at least 5 major times, and many more mini times. My weight ALWAYS came back after the initial loss, be it 35 lbs or 100 lbs. Usually, I would reach my goal and within 6 months of attainment, I would have 90% to 100% back, and within 9 months I would ALWAYS weigh more than the original starting weight. By the time I was 61 my weight had ballooned to 276 and I was still going up, unable to stop it like I had so many times in the past. When I had my surgery last November, after many months of research, I had limited expectations. Now, for the record, I have followed my doctors instructions EXACTLY. I am very disciplined because I do not want to go back to where I was. I have lost 86 lbs. and feel great. My life is infinitely better and I would recommend this surgery to anyone who is seriously looking for a new life. My only advice is to follow the plan. :)

Well done on your achievement! 86 pounds lost is impressive. Glad to hear also that you had a good plan from your doc. This was not my case. I made my own from all the advice I got from this site. I just follow some basic rules:

- Protein first and at least 90 grams a day (140 when working out).

- Stay away from processed food as much as possible.

- Eat healthy food and slowly, or at least try :)

- Take your Vitamins, in any shape or form.

- Drink plenty of liquids (but not right before or right after meals)

- Exercise (at least 5 X week) and track activity (Fitbit for me)

- Track food and calories intake (Myfitness pal & 1500 to 1700 per day).

- sleep at least 6 h per night.

- Grant yourself some "rewards" and don't end up craving for food. if you want a piece of chocolate get one, don't eat the full package though.

- Don't listen to people around you that have no clue of your sleeve journey and want to give you their 2 cents diet advice...

So far, it worked for me. My weight loss is under control (around 2 pounds per week), my lean mass is increasing and my blood tests have never been better.And more important.... I like what I look like and I feel great!

Take care,

Mico.

Mico, thank you for sharing your journey with us. I am almost 2 weeks post op now, and you are quite inspiring to me [emoji4][emoji106]

You are very welcome . I read so many experience that contributing to the website seems to be the normal thing to do. If it helps that is a plus. I realized that even if we all had the same procedure, we all react differently physically, emotionally, mentally. I had moments with low morale but at no point I had regrets about the surgery. Knowing that I was not alone going through this was a huge booster in the recovery process and the weight loss. Next week I will be reaching the 6 months mark and I can't wait to see what I can achieve after a year! And please share your story too!

6 months already... time flies. Just came back from a week in the US for work. I was always impressed by the quantity of food that is served in restaurant. Now it is really disturbing me.Waiters asking me if the food was OK all the time and if I wanted something else was annoying after a while. Furthermore, I had the feeling to be rushed since we were asked every 10 minutes if everything was OK... I ended up my trip skipping team dinners and buying my food in order to stay and chill in my room.

I am still spending quite a lot of money on clothes since what I bought a few months ago is too large now. I also had a problem adjusting mentally to what is fitting me. I mean I was used to buy larger clothes to hide my extra weight and belly. Belly is partially gone, but I still went first for the larger size. I had to adjust to my new image compared to what I was 6 months ago.

I am used to my current size now (L) but I am wondering if I am still going to lose weight or will stall for a while.

I am still going to the gym everyday. I feel awful and irritable if I am not. :) .Good news is that my strength is back and I can carry my body weight or more during a lot of the exercises I do.

My hair is also getting thinner even if I take my Vitamins.< br />I read a lot about that and will probably change what I am currently buying to adjust. if anybody has a good tip, I am listening :) .

Take care,

Mico.

I am not a snacked either but have always ate meals to feel full. Most the people who have not been successful are people who were big snackers. I understand from some people I know that really never felt full before they do for the first time. When you have the sleeve they remove the little thing that makes you hungry which is good for about 6+ months. By that time your eating habits are pretty set. I wish you the very best and commend you, as I do myself for taking this step for yourself. I hope to hear about your journey. Mine starts tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. ((hugs))

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the BariatricPal App

How have you been doing since your surgery in March. Touched by your story and I can relate on so many levels. Hope your enjoying life as a healthy person!

Hi,

I have been doing well and yes, I definitely enjoy my life as the new me. Still a work in progress, but I am getting there!