Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need to do this, no matter what

Yesterday was 10 weeks since surgery. I eat now about 1200 calories a day, with 120-130 grams of Proteins as I go to the gym 5 times a week. Carbs are under control. Weight loss is regular, about 3-4 pounds a week, which is good for me. I know that the less extra weight I have to lose, the harder it will get.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Whats your food look like each day?

that is a good question.

I usually wake up at 6 AM, I take a Protein Shake or a bar (Quest). Then I go to the gym from 6h45 to 8h15. 15 minutes elliptical to warm up, a 30 minutes weight lifting with 80% of max weight and high rep until failure of the muscle group. I usually do 3 x 10-12 reps of different exercises, then 30 seconds rest and another set of 3. 30 minutes running to finish.

Once I get to work I have another bar / shake.< /p>

At lunch I usually take a salad (2 boiled eggs, some chickpeas or Beans, couple of cherry tomatoes, green. No dressing) and a fat free yogurt for later.

no snack in the afternoon. If I am hungry, I go for another yogurt.

in the evening I usually go for scrambled eggs (2), or sea food (shrimps, squids, smoked salmon) and a smoothie (Watermelon, light cranberry juice is my favorite). no late Snacks.< /p>

During weekend I usually take lest Protein Shakes / bars and eat poultry, fish, etc.

I don't have any cravings or things I want to eat. I select food I know will work for my sleeve, but I don't miss anything...yet. it may change later. I don't know.

I don't enjoy eating as I used to (which is a good thing because that is the reason why I am obese), even if I still cook for my family during the weekends.

This is a good thing as I want to move on with my life and have other objectives.

Hope it helps.

Yesterday was 10 weeks since surgery. I eat now about 1200 calories a day, with 120-130 grams of Proteins as I go to the gym 5 times a week. Carbs are under control. Weight loss is regular, about 3-4 pounds a week, which is good for me. I know that the less extra weight I have to lose, the harder it will get.

that is a good question.

I usually wake up at 6 AM, I take a Protein Shake or a bar (Quest). Then I go to the gym from 6h45 to 8h15. 15 minutes elliptical to warm up, a 30 minutes weight lifting with 80% of max weight and high rep until failure of the muscle group. I usually do 3 x 10-12 reps of different exercises, then 30 seconds rest and another set of 3. 30 minutes running to finish.

At lunch I usually take a salad (2 boiled eggs, some chickpeas or Beans, couple of cherry tomatoes, green. No dressing) and a fat free yogurt for later.

in the evening I usually go for scrambled eggs (2), or sea food (shrimps, squids, smoked salmon) and a smoothie (Watermelon, light cranberry juice is my favorite). no late Snacks.< /p>

During weekend I usually take lest Protein Shakes / bars and eat poultry, fish, etc.

I don't have any cravings or things I want to eat. I select food I know will work for my sleeve, but I don't miss anything...yet. it may change later. I don't know.

I don't enjoy eating as I used to (which is a good thing because that is the reason why I am obese), even if I still cook for my family during the weekends.

This is a good thing as I want to move on with my life and have other objectives.

Hope it helps.

Awesome post. I love it when members detail what they eat and their activity level- it's very helpful and I always get some good ideas.

Can you share how you make the watermelon smoothie? I'm convinced I'm part fruit monkey- can't get enough.

Btw way to go!!! You are on fire!!! Love your attitude. :)

that is a good question.

Hope it helps.

Awesome post. I love it when members detail what they eat and their activity level- it's very helpful and I always get some good ideas.

Can you share how you make the watermelon smoothie? I'm convinced I'm part fruit monkey- can't get enough.

Btw way to go!!! You are on fire!!! Love your attitude. :)

Thank you for your nice comments. I do what I can, and it is not working too bad for now.

For the smoothie, I take some watermelon I put in the blender, some ice (a few cubes) I add light cranberry juice and voila!

I also do it wiith unsweetened peach ice tea. I like the combined flavors. Sometime I add a full peach in it. I try to avoid high sugar content fruits such as cherries or grapes.

Mango juice was not a good idea as the flavor overtakes the watermelon completely.

I tried to mix pineapple and light coconut milk. That makes an awesome alcohol free cocktail.

Something else I do in the morning: I put an espresso shot in my chocolate shake with skimmed milk. Awesome Cappuccino !

Thank you for your nice comments. I do what I can, and it is not working too bad for now.
For the smoothie, I take some watermelon I put in the blender, some ice (a few cubes) I add light cranberry juice and voila!
I also do it with unsweetened peach ice tea. I like the combined flavors. Sometime I add a full peach in it. I try to avoid high sugar content fruits such as cherries or grapes.
Mango juice was not a good idea as the flavor overtakes the watermelon completely.
I tried to mix pineapple and light coconut milk. That makes an awesome alcohol free cocktail.
Something else I do in the morning: I put an espresso shot in my chocolate shake with skimmed milk.
Awesome Cappuccino !

Hey mi of you are running more than me ! I really enjoy my early morning runs and I have decided that when winter comes I will still walk with my dog early but I will run on a treadmill which I will buy. No fun running in the rain ! Will have a go at your smoothie too. Enjoy the weekend. It's my grand daughters christening on Sunday so I will be avoiding the high cal buffet offerings and cakes !

Oh wow, thank you for the list!!! I printed it out and put it next to blender. I love they you use so many fruits and included a good sub for a cocktail! ;)

I'm headed to Miami for 7 weeks where the mangos are everywhere. My daughter makes pie and I make jelly and jam. Now I'm going to find a good Protein smoothie to incorporate them into. I know they have high sugar so I will have to bike that off. :)

As always, thank you so much for sharing. You are doing an amazing job and are an inspiration.

You are very welcome!

Miami, what a great city. I used to fly there a few times a year when my former company had its head quarters in West Palm Beach. I spent some great weekends over there!! When you refer to pies, I assume you want to say Key lime pie, right? . Premier vanilla Protein Shake sounds a solid option. I remember I found a light version of key lime pie recipe on the Internet that was very good. I will let you know if I find it back. Sharing is the purpose of this community, so no need to thank me . I am just sharing what I do, and that makes me happy to know it can help.

Hey mi of you are running more than me ! I really enjoy my early morning runs and I have decided that when winter comes I will still walk with my dog early but I will run on a treadmill which I will buy. No fun running in the rain ! Will have a go at your smoothie too. Enjoy the weekend. It's my grand daughters christening on Sunday so I will be avoiding the high cal buffet offerings and cakes !

Hi Chris,

I am not sure about that yet, but I am getting there. It is gym treadmill for me but it is ok . I will enjoy the weekend as I am going to Toulouse to watch a rugby game with a good friend of mine. Stay away of the bad carbs and enjoy your weekend too!

So today is 11 weeks since surgery. I thought it was a good idea to see my doc to review the blood test results I did last week. The meeting was just surrealistic. First she did not recognize me in the waiting room. I could clearly noticed that she did not know who I was. We don't have a long history of Doctor patient relationship but still. It was confirmed when she looked at her computer and told me it was a mistake as it stated morbidly obese . I thought she pulled my leg, but no. It was pretty late (6h30 pm) and it looked like she had a bad day. I reminded her nicely that I was the guy that went for the sleeve... No reaction. Ok. We look at the blood test results. All good as a young and healthy guy. And then the comment that was the cherry on the cake: "you are doing good, keep up with the diet".

"Doc, I had 85% of my stomach removed. Diet has nothing to do with my weight loss".

"Right, but keep doing what you do. It seems to be working for you".

"Thanks."

"Let's check your blood in 6 months and we will review your Vitamins levels too"

"Ok, thanks. Bye "

So she was a bit off. I like her and she has personal issues that explain that she is not always paying attention. I really don't mind.

Bottom line is that all my levels are good, which did not happen in a very long time. Another benefit from the sleeve!

CONGRATS!!! There is nothing like positive results to motivate you! It's amazing how the weight loss and healthier life style clear up so many medical conditions we all had!

CONGRATS!!! There is nothing like positive results to motivate you! It's amazing how the weight loss and healthier life style clear up so many medical conditions we all had!

Yes this is so true. I love the fact of not being afraid of a scale, blood pressure /test or any medical exam when the conclusions were always: "you need to lose weight, here is a diet plan".

Don't get me wrong. I am still obese according to my BMI, and I have a long way to go, but I am working on it and now I can make it.

Great story! That's hilarious she didn't even recognize you. Take it as a good thing. :)

That being said, my doctor is notorious for seeing me when she has "stuff" going on. I don't have to see her often (hooray) but when I do she always has drama going on. I wonder how much of what I tell her she retains.

Sorry, should have posted that in Rants and Raves section. :) Just wanted to tell you good for you on your levels. I also am loving the smoothie recipes, thanks so much!

Take care and keep us posted.

Hi, As I mentioned here I have been back to the gym and was on fire over the last weeks....Monday, Tuesday and yesterday I did even a bit more. Pushed a bit on the treadmill after intense weight lifting sessions. I was so proud of my sweaty t-shirt and my calories burnt.

Then in the evening I was in the pool with my daughter racing. (she is 6 but can swim!).

And then....I crashed at 9 PM. I could not take it anymore. This morning I was completely sore.
No energy, no motivation. Bottom line: I did not go to the gym. I feel terrible about it, but I learned a lesson.
I need to take it easy and don´t push the machine...as I am not 20 anymore (sigh...). It is a long run, not a sprint.

Having said that, it is so great to feel that we can do more now that we weight less that it is easy to be carried away...and I lost 2 pounds in 3 days. There is nothing wrong with that :) .

Edited by Micoxv

You are doing great Mico you don't have to go full on flat out all the time. Back in Cyprus I'm still running and enjoying it too. Have a great weekend rest up a bit and go back and start again refreshed and revitalised .

You are doing great Mico you don't have to go full on flat out all the time. Back in Cyprus I'm still running and enjoying it too. Have a great weekend rest up a bit and go back and start again refreshed and revitalised .

Thank you Chris. Enjoy Cyprus! I did a 5k this morning, so I really need to rest this weekend . Have a good one too!