Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much have you lost with the sleeve? 200+?

So I'm still in preop stages and still trying to decide between sleeve and bypass... I have an extensive amount of weight to lose so I want to make the right choice to make sure I lose as much as possible. If it's possible/just as easy to lose 250lbs with the sleeve as it is with bypass then I'd rather have sleeve. But from what I've noticed most people lose 70,90,100, or even 150 with the sleeve haven't seen many people stating they've lost 200 or more. So if you're out there I'd love to hear from you!

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

I needed to lose 200 lbs. So far I've lost 168 lbs and it's not even been a full year yet since my surgiversary.

The weight loss percentages that you read are just averages. Some people will lose less, some more. It all depends on how dedicated you are to following the program and losing the weight. If you expect the surgery to do everything for you then no matter which one you chose you likely will not reach your goals.

You will likely lose more quickly with bypass than with sleeve. But there is no limit to how much you can lose with either, as long as you use the tool correctly and follow the plan.

I just passed the 200 pound loss mark. I weigh over 200 pounds less than my highest weight. I still have a ways to go but have done better than I could have hoped.

I was sleeved April 20, 2015 and still going strong.

I have not hit the 200-lb mark yet, but both my surgeon and I feel pretty confident that I am on my way. I initially planned to go the bypass route but, after consulting with two surgeons, both suggested that the sleeve was the best fit for me. In the end, both are tools to help with weight loss. If you follow the plan, both will help you get where you want to be. Best of luck.

I just passed the 200 pound loss mark. I weigh over 200 pounds less than my highest weight. I still have a ways to go but have done better than I could have hoped.

That is awesome! You should be so proud of yourself! So in just under a year you have lost 200 lbs? That's amazing. If you don't mind sharing how much more to do you plan to lose or what is your goal weight? You can pm me if you'd like or you don't have to answer at all I understand that it's very personal for some.

I have not hit the 200-lb mark yet, but both my surgeon and I feel pretty confident that I am on my way. I initially planned to go the bypass route but, after consulting with two surgeons, both suggested that the sleeve was the best fit for me. In the end, both are tools to help with weight loss. If you follow the plan, both will help you get where you want to be. Best of luck.

How long ago was your surgery?

I am at 127lbs lost and 10 months post-op with my sleeve. I agree with @@JamieLogical that either is a tool that will help you achieve your goals. I also think it depends on where you start for pre-op weight ... I've lost more than my friend, but she is at a lower weight than I am in a shorter time. They key is that I also started almost 90 lbs heavier than her too.

Talk to your surgeon, see what s/he says. I trust my team implicitly and know they helped steer me in the right direction.

I had my surgery last November (November 2015). I lost 46 lbs during my 4-week pre-op. The remaining 111 lbs lost have been since the surgery. For me, it has been a pretty steady weight loss. The biggest noteworthy thing for me is how much better I feel, even though I am still 100+ lbs above my goal weight. I can already move around much better and am substantially more active. Before surgery, I focused so much on the total weight that I needed to lose, that it really didn't hit me that I would see a consistent improvement in every regard, week by week, even before getting to my goal.

That is awesome! You should be so proud of yourself! So in just under a year you have lost 200 lbs? That's amazing. If you don't mind sharing how much more to do you plan to lose or what is your goal weight? You can pm me if you'd like or you don't have to answer at all I understand that it's very personal for some.

It's on my ticket but you may not be able to see it on the app.

I started at 565 and am now 360ish.

My tentative goal weight is 150 but that is just an arbitrary number. I will have to see what my body wants to do.

I started at 463 and am at 256 now. I hit 200 lbs gone on my 1 year anniversary of the sleeve (1/15) and am now at -207. I seem to be slowing down and keep stalling, but I am sticking with my eating and exercising plan and keeping up with measurements as they are still going down even if the scale doesn't move. I'd like to lose another 60 lbs but I am fully accepting of the fact that it's not coming off as quickly.

I agree that either the sleeve or bypass can be successful as long as you stick to the plan. Good luck!

You guys are so inspiring! Keep up the good work everyone :)

@Proud2BMe You're almost at ONEDERLAND !!!

Congrats !!! :)

I'm almost 9 months out from surgery and I've lost 141lbs ... but as everyone else agrees ... you HAVE to follow the plan ...

Sleeve is just a tool ... it's not a magic wand ... it's not the WHOLE answer ... a lot of things combined make this work ...

Best of luck on your journey ... It's SO worth every second!!! :)

I've realized that I'm happier when I think of a clothes size than a weight in numbers. I mean if you wore a size 4 and weighed 180 would it matter?? Maybe you carry the weight in the booty or breasts? In the end for me, it's becoming more how I feel about myself than the number on the scale. For the record, I had surgery Aug 27,2015 and I have lost 118lbs SW-348 CW-230 BUT I've gone down from a size 30/32 to a 14. I even squeezed into a 12 jean. Nevertheless I'm doing things I've never done before and damn proud! Good luck in your journey!