Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Final Insurance Approval Timeline

So the week before last, my doctor's office submitted my final paperwork to the insurance company. I've completed everything required by the insurance and the doctors to have my surgery...

Now I'm waiting, in anticipation, for the phone call telling me that I've gotten the final approval, and set up my pre-op.

So how long did it take your insurance company to get back to the doctor's office with your final approval??

I've heard they have 30 days, but that it doesn't always take that long...

I'm waiting so impatiently over here!!! Ack! LOL

I had thought my doctors office would have just sent it over after everything was complete. But luckily I decided to email them to make sure they got every thing and it had been sent, it was about an extra week or two before they actually sent it off for approval. Once they did that I heard back in 3 days.

Dang, that was quick! 3 days. I know mine sent it over because I called and asked them, so I think I'm good there... I just wish they'd respond already! hahaha!

When all my info was submitted, the insurance company say it would take 7-10 business days. My Dr's office said they would call me once they had the approval. on the 7th day I didn't hear anything so I called and it was still pending. On the 10th day I still didn't hear anything so I called again and it was approved. The office hadn't called me yet like they said, while I'm waiting over here anxious! Lol I'm sure they would have called eventually but I just couldn't wait anymore. So maybe you should try calling your insurance company. That way, at least you will know if they have made a decision or not!

Sent from my XT1080 using the BariatricPal App

How my insurance works is that they hold a meeting once a month for approvals. If your paperwork is submitted after they have it already, it's gets put in for the next month's meeting.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I just got call from Insurance and am now approved. It was a week ago Dr. sent in paperwork, and first round Ins said there is a 6 month wait. But after explaining my issues and need for revision soon, they quickly approved.

Now just waiting for surgery date. Hoping for mid to late April.

Ugh. I called my insurance today. According to the customer service person I spoke with... forms were received from my doc office on 3/4... processing started 3/10.... today, 3/17... was told to try back on 3/23 to see if they've been approved yet.

DANG SLOW INSURANCE COMPANY!! (thank you for covering this surgery, but come one, lets get this done!)

My insurance BCBS took 21 days to get back to me.