Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tijuana Bariatrics, LLC

My wife and I are both scheduled for the GS on 3/28 with dr. Garcia through Tijuana bariatrics. We have been talking to Alisha and Curt. I am supposed to pay tomorrow.. I am very nervous that it is a scam. the emails we receive are very long winded, personal and not as professional as I would think they would be. Has anyone worked with these people? I have read many good reviews on Dr. Garcia but I would like to make sure other people have booked with them, and that it's legitimate. Please respond ASAP as I have to pay by tomorrow. Thank you!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

hey! I'm scheduled the day after you- I've paid. I believe it's very legit it's just informal. I spoke with alisha on the phone for an hour and we for very personal and she was very real with me. I think it's just how he runs the business with delegates in the states. I will be there while you're there!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My son had his surgery with Dr Garcia on Thursday and is doing great! Tijuana Bariatrics is not a scam!! They are very professional. We have received excellent care and everyone has been supportive and helpful. There is definitely a cultural difference when in Mexico, it is less formal and more friendly. The coordinators are very aware of how scary it can be to go to another country for surgery and also that we may not have a lot of support for this decision from our loved ones or even the medical community in the US. I think they do a great job of answering questions and letting us know what to expect. I was familiar with everything, as I has surgery with Dr Garcia in October 2013.

Surgery went really well and my son was monitored closely the entire time he was at the hospital. The nursing staff was professional and attentive, pain and nausea controlled well. Drs were around regularly and very friendly as well. One thing that drives me nuts in the US is how condescending some surgeons are and how often we feel brushed off or talked down to. Not so here, all of the Drs that were part of the team took the time to talk with us, and make us feel welcomed and comfortable.

Hospital CER is small, but very nice! It's in the business district of Tijuana. I was able to walk all around the area and felt completely safe as a non-Spanish speaking female.

My son is doing great, no complications. We actually walked around neighborhood near hotel yesterday for almost an hour. He's had no pain since the drain was removed and is doing great with Fluid intake.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App