Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"normal" food intake after a fill

Holly

I went through the same thing my signature is wrong here is what happened: I went down to a 199 from 214 between the liquid diet and most of it came off after surgery then I went up to 205 and now 6 weeks later I am down to a 201.5. After the surgery I was able to eat a lot I did not realize it because I was not eating a whole lot of food at home but I went to Red Lobster and ate a whole plate of shrimp alfredo and was shocked that I could eat all that and still feel comfortable. Monday after that I got filled and now I feel fuller faster, I got my fill on the sixth of august.

I started exercising a month ago and I drink my Protein every morning.

You are doing very well. I was banded on 7/11/07 and have only lost about 5 lbs. I go for my fill the 16th so I hope I will be more restricted because right now I am not restricted. Good Luck!

Question ? I am senior citizen was banded 6-5-07 starting weight 250

was first banded 7-24, weighed 220 have since gained one pound getting another fill 8-20 am still feeling hungry

Hi I am a bit distressed at the moment, i was banded on the 9th may I recovered well, i was able to eat after 2 weeks and was not sick once, and had a 2ml fill after 6 weeks, i was unable to eat much for 6 weeks, i vomited alot and felt terrible, then i was able to eat for the past 2 weeks without having much blockage, then on tues i received 1ml fill and now i can't even keep a sip of Water down, i feel terrible, i spent the day yesterday spitting up all day, and not being able to take in anything with out feeling very tight in the chest and spitting up, i don't even seem to be able to swallow my saliva, has any one else had these sort of problems. I feel awful.:help:

I hope this wasn't to graphic

Also i had put on a kilo in the last 4 weeks i was very dissappointed, but i have also been going to curves for the past 4 weeks and i hope it is just muscle buildup, because i am losing body measurement, i should stay off the scales.

cheers Jane

You are definitely without question overfilled! It sounds to me like you were overfilled the first time, finally lost enough to loosen to a good place, then were promptly overfilled again.

Get to your Dr, and have some removed, being overfilled is dangerous! You need nutrition, and it is hard on your stomach.

Muscle tone will not be detrimental to your band.

Good Luck Jane, and welcome to LBT!

Kat

I would suggest Health Management Resoures, Intellehealth is the distributor, it geared towards health weight reduction, is powdered Protein mixed with Water, and they have pre-packaged meals, easy on the go.

Thanks Kat, i feel that it is overfill and i feel that i am a big sook, but it is so uncomfortable, i can't even get Water into me, i don't mind being on liquids, but i have kept nothing in for the past 2 days and i have 5 kids to look after that don't need to see me like that, my Dr isn't in the area for another week and then i have to drive 80km to see her, i don't know..........

sort of cheery Jane

Update, i was on the phone again to dr surgury this AM and i was crying, 3rd day in and still not able to keep a sip of Water down, so i said i was upset and angry, my kids are having to see me like this and i need to talk to the Dr. So i got a call soon after tosay come over this afternoon to see her after surgery, i am a bit relieved about that but still not happy that i have to drive 200km to get there and then back again, but hopefully by tonight i may be feeling a lot more comfortable.

Oh and by the way i have lost 6.5kg since i weighed myself on monday night, this is not how i want to loose the weight, i would saw a bit excessive, and if i kept going this way i would be in hospital on a drip very soon.

Cheers Jane

My doctor has his patients be on liquids for four days; I've had a long standing lunch date for tomorrow, my fourth day, and I'm thinking that I will order what I want. I just hope I don't embarrass myself my having something get stuck; you know what? It would still be worth it!

I stayed on liquids for a couple of days. My own "Marcy Logic" tells me that filling kind of traumatizes the stomach and may make it swell more so drinking liquids will help with that swelling (if it were to happen)...it's a good way to clean out the body anyway. Well, I was filled last Thursday 8/16 and don't feel much different...hmmm....wish this thing would start working!

<p>Marcy</p> <p> </p> <p>I feel the same way. I am self pay and the surgery price includes 4 fillings and I had one recently and am scheduled for another in September after I use them all up I have to pay 250.00 dollars per filling so I am hoping this next one is it for a while.</p>

You seem to be in the same weight loss range as I am. I just found out I have an 11cc band, never thought about different sizes. I had my first fill on July 26, it was 4 cc. I have not lost any weight since then. I realize I can eat more than a cup of food at a time. I called and talked to the nurse and she told me it can take 2 to 4 fills until you are in the zone. Everyone will be different. I just want to lose weight and I am also trying to stay on track, it is hard when you get that deep hunger knawing at you. Keep up the good work. I am wondering why you had lap band when you only wanted to lose less than 25 lbs?

I was banded on 4/18/07 and had 3 fills 3.5 lost a fill then 3.4 and now 3.9..

I am extremly tight but i don't dare go in because i don't want to lose a restriction I can barely eat but then I am ok with that as i am finally losing weight I had not been losing with 3.4 fill

i did have horible heart burn and alot of pressure but i am kinda worried alittle i am not drinking much .. I have zero appititie and zero thirst I have to work at drinking fluids but I was gonna give my self a week more see if it gets better and just not swelling from the fill..

Lisa

The dangers you put not just your band health in, but also your general health, due to being over filled, are too numerous to mention. You are suffering from malnutrition when you do not eat, and especially when you do not even drink. You are not simply losing weight. You are losing muscle mass. The very thing that will help you lose weight in the future. You are not learning any beneficial eating methods for future maintenance.

These things you are doing to yourself, and we cannot do anything to help you, nor can your Dr. if you choose to remain overfilled.

However, it does set wrong with me for this reason....when (not if but when) you DO have detrimental effects from the over filled band, it goes down as a band statistic. Therefore giving future banders an unfair view of the band and its possible complications. Your Dr. sees it as a complication, and he has not even had a chance to work with you to get to a proper fill. Your actions cast an unfair light on both your Dr. and the band in general. Your health WILL suffer from not eating and drinking. Everyone who knows you have the band, will see you looking pale, and being weak, and blame the band. The band is not at fault! It needs to be adjusted properly. The Dr. has no way of seeing if the fill is going to be right for you or not, he depends on you and he/she working together. Sometimes it does take a few days for a fill to kick in or to relax, but to rely on an overfill to lose the weight is setting yourself up for problems, and IMHO a disservice to all of us bandsters, the band Dr. and those researching the band itself.

I wish you luck, and hope you decide to see the Dr.

Kat

I understand you want to lose weight, we all do, and did, or we would not have been banded. But what you are doing now is as unhealthy as if you had become bulemic.