Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since embarking on this journey 3.5 months ago, I've lost almost 50 lbs (don't judge, I'm a slow loser!)... Only now, my hips and knees are aching all the time!

Anyone have any aches/pains since LOSING weight?? I thought with 50 lbs less, I would be having less pain.

Thoughts?

are you moving more? that could be a factor.

I might be... it's just strange that I ache while at rest vs. before I didn't. I wasn't sure if it was a lack of Vitamins, Protein, etc...

It is an odd paradox.......loose significant weight and then wind up with new pains.

Severe advanced arthritis in both my knees. It wasn't so bad this past year as I was trying to heal a herniated disc and was taking meds for it that also kept the knee pains at bay. My activity level was ridiculously low, too.

I had my sleeve surgery & an umbilical hernia repair done at the same time.....returned to work 3 weeks later. Mobility slowly increased.

Two months out from surgery I was walking 5k steps each day.

By four months it has been amped up to 10k steps each day (maybe less on weight training days).

Somewhere along the 3 month mark I began to experience sciatica in my legs. What the hell is this crap?.....why now?....lots of frustration from this. My various x-rays and MRI scans from last Summer revealed spinal stenosis and arthritis there as well. My doc said the sciatica could be due to that....however, due to my rapid weight loss....things were shifting around in my body and to give it some time....it may settle into a state where the nerve pains go away. I keep pushing on and in about two weeks...........NO MORE SCIATICA. Bamnsucka.....finally.....smooth seas and wind in my sails once again !!!!!

The back is doing much better in that I've not had to miss work for it since last Summer. There are times where it hurts like hell and I have to take it easy......but I've yet to need muscle relaxers or prescription pain meds for it. I can tough it out, hot shower, heating pad, stretching and Advil.

The knee pain is here to stay, it seems. I'm 150 lbs lighter and my knees still give me the big ole "F-U, dude.....you abused us for so long......we are gonna make you pay". Lol. Mean suckers, these knees. I'll show 'em, though.....gonna work them until I can't stand it......beg for my pain management guy or ortho guy to shoot 'em up.....work the hell outa them until the injections are pointless......then trade them in on some replacements. I will get the last laugh and they will be no longer a problem. I just need to delay this for a couple years if possible.

Prior to my sleeve surgery I was taking in large amounts of Advil daily. Since the sleeve......I've cut way down on both the dosages and the frequency. I don't take it every day and I seldom need more than one dose per day. This alone tells me that the knee pain actually is better. Last Friday my regular doc asked me to try using Tramadol vs Advil. He said it'd be less damaging to my sleeve and plumbing. I've taken it 3 days since and have to say it isn't as effective for me.....but I'll give it some time.

I don't know if your pains could be from your body changing and things moving......or if you've lowered your dosages on prior pain meds.......or if it's anything to do with being suddenly more active......all three were reasons for me.

Maybe it is fro things changing or moving, but I was just wondering why my knees and hips picked now to start aching. After I've she'd 50 lbs and made it easier for them?!?

I'm almost embarrassed to say that I haven't been working out, so that's not the culprit. I'm too scared to go to the gym. I have an enormous fear of being laughed at. Like a paralyzing fear...

I'm hoping the more weight I lose, the less the aching will continue.

Thanks for your reply. I'm inspired by your motivation!