Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Post, Crazy Question..HELP!

Ok, This is my first post and of course it's a great question..

Has anyone experienced dryness before/during sex?

I have NEVER had this issue before surgery. I had a full gyn work-up 2 month before surgery, so I know I am all good. I have lost 38 lbs in 4 weeks. I am feeling great. My sex drive is back to pre-weight gain status,lol. I am just having some lubricating issues. I am having a tough time 'getting warmed up' and staying that way. I have used lube in the past (after a very amorous few days, I needed it. My fiancee' and I are very 'active') I feel excited, but my nether regions are not reacting as they did pre-surgery. I am hoping someone else has some insight.

TIA,

CC

@@ccr73 - if you are approaching your late thirties it could be an early menopause symptom :(

As you lose weight, your body is flooded with hormones which are stored in fat.

I'm sure it's just a temporary thing. I'm post-menopausal, and I actually had a period after my surgery, when I hadn't had one in over a year.

Your body will straighten itself out after a while.

Make sure you are staying hydrated! Also like people have mentioned your hormones are going crazy. If it continues go see your OBGYN again.

I stay very hydrated and my bloodwork is perfect... and I've been experiencing this as well. It was always a joke between me and my boyfriend that I should "just carry a towel around with me" :P

Tomorrow will be 6 months post op from my RNY, and I'm unfortunately still having dryness issues.

This is a whole lot of tmi but since we're on the subject I may as well explain what my gyno said about it.

I find that even if I can "get going", if I have an orgasm mid-sex, I immediately get dry again. This is an indication that it's a hormonal thing, given my age and the deviation from my normal. She has had other patients with this exact issue, and said it usually eventually returns to normal. It may also be something as simple as a hydration issue, as others have said. Your body is using a lot of Water to lose weight so it may be hesitant to "waste water" on lubrication, as she put it.

Being a female sure is fun, eh? XD

All you need is "A lover with a slow hand".

Really, through life I have found that when the body falters, the mind has to take the lead.

Imagine and plan ahead. Have "tools of endearment" close at hand. Talk it out beforehand and plan for success! :))

Lighten up. Take the time to have fun!! Be thankful. Oh, yes, be thankful that you have all that you have in your life.

I am sure it has to do with hydration. Lube is fun stuff! This will be a good excuse to buy different kinds/flavors, etc.

This happened to me early post op. It had me panicked thinking I was hitting menopause or some other craziness- mine turned out to be related to hydration. As soon as I was able to increase my fluids it resolved.

I am so glad I'm not alone!! Thank you so much.

I am in my early 40's and I have been on some heavy medications for Rheumatoid Arthritis for over 10 yrs. I was told over 2 yrs ago that I was in Peri-Menopause...ugh, Just another thing to go along with my every changing body.

More lube it is,lol!! He will never complain about that, I know TMI.

CC

Oh and I drink over a gallon of Water a day. So its definitely not a dehydration thing.

CC

Yeah, what's wrong with lube? As a posmenopausal woman, lube is my friend!

Interesting subject, though!

Probably hormones. I had this issue when I was on a certain birth control pill back in my 20s. I switched pills and the magic came back. Your body will most likely sort itself out when you hit maintenance, if not before. If not, there are lots of fun lubes. Try a silicone based one if you haven't before.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App