Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I officially have lost 50 pounds since surgery 10/21/15!!! I'm super excited but my clothing inventory is decreasing, when did everyone go shopping? I'm scared to buy anything and have to give it to someone a week later lol

I had to give in and buy a few things yesterday. I got size 16 jeans and 1x tops! (Formerly size 24 pants and 3-4x tops!).

It killed me to spend the money for short term items, but I have to say I'm loving how they make me feel! My butt was way too saggy in my older pants!

If I get the courage to deal with it, I'll venture to Salvation Army one day. For now, I'm sticking with clearance racks and TJMaxx.

Thrift stores are your friend! If you need clothes that fit but know you're only going to be wearing them for a few months, Goodwill and other thrift shops are the best. They're just all around better in my opinion since the prices can't be beat and the selection is always changing and there are some amazing bargains. I'll be shopping there even after my weight stabilizes because I love saving money and still get quality items that will last.

I find awesome stuff all the time. Just picked up a few vintage tee-shirts including a favorite band licensed tee and a beloved music group's anniversary tee that is selling for like $50 (if you can even find one now - sooo happy!). Got a gorgeous pair of name brand jeans and two dressy wool sweaters and a hoodie jacket in a wicking fabric - all were $6 each, the jeans were $7. I tried on some really cute dresses but decided I didn't need them, but they have a super selection usually and if not, I check out one of the others in the area next time I'm out running errands and usually score something great.

The secret is to check out several in different locations and if you're looking for dressy stuff, go to the fancier neighborhoods' thrift stores. Goodwill has discounts on their clothes on Wednesdays in my area, and I never fail to find something amazing and get complements.

And nobody judges you in there. I've seen people of all types and sizes and frankly it's a comfortable place for me. Like visiting a good friend's basement garage sale. :D

I've had really good luck at Belk with their 180 day return policy. I just bought some shirts the other day and I got one size L and one size M. I figure the Large will be too big in less than 180 days so I'll just return it and still have the medium.

I've had really good luck at Belk with their 180 day return policy. I just bought some shirts the other day and I got one size L and one size M. I figure the Large will be too big in less than 180 days so I'll just return it and still have the medium.

Wait so you are gonna wear it for 180 days and then return it?

I'm all about the thrift stores! I've gotten several shirts in there ... WITH TAGS!!! Who doesn't love that ?!

And the other posters are right ... you'll only be wearing the things for a few short months ... so it's perfect!

I have on a Sag Harbor shirt that I got new with tags for $2.99! ( It was the color of the day so it was 1/2 price! )

Doesn't hurt to try!

I'm all about the thrift stores! I've gotten several shirts in there ... WITH TAGS!!! Who doesn't love that ?!

And the other posters are right ... you'll only be wearing the things for a few short months ... so it's perfect!

I have on a Sag Harbor shirt that I got new with tags for $2.99! ( It was the color of the day so it was 1/2 price! )

Doesn't hurt to try!

I'm nearly 6 weeks out & have lost 36lbs, but I'm around 6'0 so I'm just now going down a size. I'm taking my pants to a tailor to have the waist taken in. Found the most comfortable brand--Betabrand. Feels like yoga pants w/ a high enough waist, but they look very nice.

I went to Walmart today and bought 4 new t-shirts that were about $5 each, one pair of shorts (I live in So Cal where it is over 80 degrees today), and I bought a couple of new pairs of jeans about 10 lbs ago. So, not a ton, but enough to feel like I have a few articles of clothing that fit!

Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and Ross have been my very best friends post-surgery. I've gone from an 18W to a misses 10-12 in two months, and I am trying not to buy a TON of new clothing until my weight gets stable. I'm especially fond of the Marshalls in my area and have had amazing luck finding great deals!

I am four months out and I finally broke down and bought some new clothes. I was an 18 and have been wearing some baggy old 16's that I had before I went to size 18. I mainly shopped Nordstrom Rack in the past (plus 1x-2x stuff), but I found more selection at Old Navy yesterday as far as pants. I am sure that my skinny legs will be a surprise at work tomorrow because no one has seen them hiding in the baggy pants.

Today, I am 167 and wearing size 12. I have not worn a 12 since 1996 or so after having my 2nd child.

I cannot say that I had "fun" shopping, but buying medium tops and size 12 pants felt good.

I am only losing 2-5 lbs a month now, so hopefully these last til I can get down to 150 or less.

I'm down 25 lbs (sleeved 2/5). I hit Old Navy the past week and got a few tshirt-ish dresses and some jeggings with an elastic waist. The dresses I can take in easily as I (hopefully) get smaller, and they're short sleeves and light so right now I'm layering with leggings and cardigans and as it gets warmer I can get away with unlayering. The jeggings were $20 each but SO DAMN COMFY. I figured since they have a wide elastic waistband I could probably get them taken in pretty easily at the dry cleaners.

I shop at the second hand stores. Maybe ask friends who are your size if they have any they are getting rid.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using the BariatricPal App

I think the 50 pound mark was when I purchased a few items of clothing. A new pair of jeans and a few tops. At the 85 pound mark I bought new work pants, jeans, a few sweaters and <gasp> underwear! I'm just shy of 100 pounds lost and already need new jeans and work pants. My tops are M and L and I'm finding the M to be a better fit. Of course I find that to be funny as the last time I was 170 pounds I was a size 14 and wore L/XL tops. Of course depending on the brand and cut my current bottoms are sizes 11-4, so I'm anxious to see if my work pants will go to a 8-10. I look in the mirror or down at my legs and can't believe it as they are big and jiggly. But I'm ecstatic for the loss none the less.