Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have NOT Regretted my WLS for a Single Moment

I'm only a couple months post-op and getting to the surgeons table was a bitch but I have not regretted my surgery a single day. Not only is my body changing rapidly, but so is my mindset. This surgery has been the catalyst for a whole slew of major changes in my lifestyle, that have nothing to do with food. Knowing been in a few months I'll be physically much more able and comfortable, has me planning for year of travel and adventure, that would have been impossible. It really is a sacrifice, but for me it's completely worth it. I have no regrets.

Congratulations on your weight loss and excellent state of mind.

Congrats and I hope I feel the same way you do once mine is done.

So much of what we read on here are complaints, but there are some of us that are totally happy from the beginning and are still happy.

I am glad this has been a positive experience for you.

glad to hear - and I'm right there with you sister! :D

Thank you! I just really wanted to give reassurance to the people who are in the pre-op process, who know this is right for them, but who feel afraid.

Even when i had a day of Constipation when I thought i might cut someone if I didn't poop (day 5), i haven't regretted this process or my decision t undergo it.

This has been a total blast! Even now, when the compliments and new clothing sizes have pretty much dried up, the mirror still surprises me every day. And when I see old pictures, I just shake my head and say, "Never again!"

I second those who are happy with their WLS.

It's completely changed my life for the better. I have no complaints and no regrets.

We are so lucky to have had this surgery!

I am right there with you all.

Not one day have I thought

"Why did I do this"?

I feel so much better, look better & know that I have extended my life by doing this. I just returned from a 10 day vacation. Went on a cruise & was surrounded by food 24/7. I managed to stay on track with little effort. Life is good and I'm happy to be on this ride with you all. ????

Edited by Susan66

I am right there with you! I had my surgery Jan 26th and had my week 1 followup today. I feel great except for lower shoulder pain which I think is related to the PT having to use the belt to get me up off the toilet and maybe toring something. As for the surgery there is no pain and the Protein Soups, shakes and all the other liquids are staying down. I have no hunger and the incisions are healing very well. By this weekend I should be in twoterville. I am thrilled and have no regrets either. I am looking forward to all the wonderful things ahead of me.

Thank you! I just really wanted to give reassurance to the people who are in the pre-op process, who know this is right for them, but who feel afraid.

You sure did for me! I'm struggling with cravings and preparing for the pre-op diet, many fails this week. Glad to hear your so happy about your choice! Makes me feel a little bit stronger.

So I'm not by myself with bumps I call them this week. Also my primary has me going to a cardiologist bcause of my EKG!!! I'm due for wed 2/10! Very nervous and upset now. And people don't understand why. Because I want to be healthy and happy! Pray for release for me!!

congrats on having a positive outlook in addition to taking advantage of those positives by recognizing the things you would have not considered prior to the procedure vs how things our now.

At my 2month visit with my NUT, before leaving she asked me "Do you think this was worth it" I said hell yes.. despite:

• not being able to each as much
  • First time having acid re flux issues
  • tossing up my meal when I eat to fast or to much
  • watching everyone else eat more than me
  • cooking dinner that I can only nibble from

I now:

• only take 3 medications instead of 7
  • can walk on the treadmill for 55min or more (never did that before 20min was my best prior and I had to work hard to do that)
  • can wear clothes in my closet I thought was a forgone conclusion
  • can out walk my kids and dog
  • can fit through the shower door without touching the sides
  • can look down and see my willy and his friends more and more as weeks go by :)
  • am longer completely out of breath going up a flight of stairs

and I expect to add more to the "I now" section as the months go by.

Love this!!! Gives me hope and reassurance that I am making the right decision!! ????