Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Exercise Challenge

Hi Everybody,

I was banded on June 8th. I had my third fill on Monday and am down 16 pounds, but to tell you the truth that really doesn't feel like enough for two months out.

The only area that I haven't really been consistent in is exercise so I would love to join your challange. Put me down for 1000 minutes.

Michelle

musicalmomma

do we just tell on our post what the amount is daily. do you keep the total or do we? I don't want to do another ticker, it was hard enough to get the one working right!

Post however works for you, if you'd give a "total" each post, that would make it a little easier for me. And of course, if I make any mistakes, point them out and I'll correct them. :lol:

OK, here's the chart so far. I'm off for my bike ride now, so I added my 30 minutes for today already :)

Name…………Goal in MinutesCompleted…..To Go

MM………………..600 ……………60……………540

Ja9va………………960…………….0……………960

Dawneb……………600…………….0....................600

Cbm818…………...600……………..0……………600

Suzzzie……………705……………..0……………705

Captain Danbo……2700……………0……………2700

Sweetie…………...1000………….…75…………...925

huntersmom………300……………...0…………….300

Stephanie42767…..1860…………….60…………..1800

Congrats to MM for making her goal for July!!

I made 300 of my 480 minutes in July so I am going to stay with that goal for August.

So far I have done 120 minutes in August. But that is going to go up by 60 minutes in about an hour cause I am off to Water aerobics.

I just got back from work on Aug 1st I have most of Aug off so I got lots of time to exercise On aug 1st I went to the park with my sister and her kids and just played catch up with everything so I only got a hour brisk walk. but today I went for my first real hike since the band and it felt really good. I hiked for 4hours and 30 mins with three ten min breaks. IT was just at 10 miles (round trip) and about 2000 feet elevation change. I was trying to get to this lake I used to hike to in high school but forgot I have stuff to do so I will try once more on monday.

Monthly Total = 180 Minutes happy.gif

I plan to go to 2 classes at the gym tomorrow morning. I have been easing back into the gym. I can't wait to get through an entire class with out stopping to wipe sweat or take a drink! I will post my weekly tomorrow after my classes!! Yahoo. This is great. I wish it was cooler here, to walk.

Monthly Total = 330 Minutes

I took my bike to the park today. There are miles and miles of concrete trails through the forest along the Trinity River...beautiful and lots of wildlife to see. I rode 13 miles and it took me two and a half hours. I'm slow, but steady! LOL And there are markers along the way to stop and read about the different animals that are prevalent in the area. It was fun!

stef: I got the band because I want to do the stuff I used to do 120lbs ago ( scuba, hiking, mountain biking, dirt biking ect ) I am alittle freaked out about the biking because last time I went for a ride it hurt my butt so bad I hated to sit down. I have been riding beach bikes but they got the big seat. I think my butt is to big for the mountain bike seats. I have not been on a ride since my weight loss maybe it will be better now.

stef: I got the band because I want to do the stuff I used to do 120lbs ago ( scuba, hiking, mountain biking, dirt biking ect ) I am alittle freaked out about the biking because last time I went for a ride it hurt my butt so bad I hated to sit down. I have been riding beach bikes but they got the big seat. I think my butt is to big for the mountain bike seats. I have not been on a ride since my weight loss maybe it will be better now.

As active as you have gotten here in recent months, I bet you could handle it now. You amaze me with your level of activity!

I definitely experienced some discomfort, though not my butt. Let's just say I'm going to buy a pair of bike shorts with the gel pads to wear under my shorts! (Nuff said.)

I have a question for ya...what can you do about your hands going to sleep? It was cutting off the circulation to my hands by leaning on the handlebars for so long. Very bothersome. I'm going to see if raising my handlebars doesn't resolve both issues by sitting more upright.

Good work everyone! I surprised myself today. Got up and asked my 16yo daughter to take a bike ride with me. We ended up biking 11 miles!!! It was GREAT!!

Name…………Goal in MinutesCompleted…..To Go

MM………………..600 …………..160…………..440

Ja9va………………960…………….0……………960

Dawneb……………600…………….0....................600

Cbm818…………...600……………..0……………600

Suzzzie……………705……………..0……………705

Captain Danbo……2700………..…420………….2280

Sweetie…………...1000…………..210…………..790

huntersmom………..300……………...0…………….300

Stephanie42767…..1860……………330…………..1530

Dakota1984………1000…………….0……………1000

Farmmomto2……....480…………….120……………360

Great exercise Saturday! I went to my two classes, and the body pump, a group weight lifting class to music. It is really a fun class and a tough workout. My legs felt like jelly after going into a step class. Here is my August #s to date: 180.

I have my grandaughter today for an overnight, she is 22 mths old, wish running after her would count! she is taking a nap. I love being a Grandmother.

Monthly Total = 390 Minutes

Did one hour on my elliptical.

DIDN'T GET TO POST MY 25 MINUTES FROM YESTERDAY. I WENT OUT OF TOWN TO GAMBLE WITH THE HUBBY. BEFORE YA ASK, NO I DIDN'T WIN CRAP..........LOL NICE TO SEE EVERYONE IS DOING SO WELL. MY TOTAL SO FAR--235 MINUTES.