Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 1/2 years post Op

Well it's been 3 years since I posted, and thought I'd share my experience with those beginning their journey. My surgery was October 31, 2012, and I was 305 pounds. Now I'm 190 pounds. I can eat pretty much as a normal person, but with a small little governor on my stomach. I still avoid breads and starches, because they fill me up so fast. I have completely embraced the healthy fitness oriented lifestyle. Everything in my life is better than before. My piece of wisdom after all this, is that the sleeve will provide a good jump start, but if you don't take ownership of your body, success will be short lived. Good luck to everyone. The first two pics are from 2011, the last is from this week.

post-269936-14532229503833_thumb.jpg

post-269936-14532230216574_thumb.jpg

post-269936-14532230788989_thumb.jpg

Awesome job and thank you for posting! I think it's very encouraging to new people to see the long term success of our veterans. So few people stick around these forums once the novelty of their WLS has worn off and it's just "normal life" for them again. I make a conscious effort to participate in the forums regularly partly to help keep me accountable, but mostly to "pay it forward", since this site was invaluable to me during the beginning of my WLS journey.

You look like you have done amazingly well and have an awesome attitude. Congratulations and good luck in your future endeavors.

Thank you for your wisdom and for sharing your journey! You've done an amazing job! Congratulations on your success!

I'm curious as to what your height is. I'm 6'2 and 305lbs and hoping to land somewhere in the 195-200 range after wls. These are the exact type of results I'm hoping to work hard and achieve.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Congrats to all.

My experience was very similar. I was 340 and 320 the day of surgery on 5/29/15. I'm presently 195. Definitely embraced the fitness world going to the gym 4-5 days a week. It was yj best decision of my life. post-244766-14592069454916_thumb.jpg

post-244766-14592069825111_thumb.jpg

The second pic was this past weekend

Well it's been 3 years since I posted, and thought I'd share my experience with those beginning their journey. My surgery was October 31, 2012, and I was 305 pounds. Now I'm 190 pounds. I can eat pretty much as a normal person, but with a small little governor on my stomach. I still avoid breads and starches, because they fill me up so fast. I have completely embraced the healthy fitness oriented lifestyle. Everything in my life is better than before. My piece of wisdom after all this, is that the sleeve will provide a good jump start, but if you don't take ownership of your body, success will be short lived. Good luck to everyone. The first two pics are from 2011, the last is from this week.

Wow! Congrats on your success. I feel the same regarding it being a jumpstart tool. In order to be successful you must embrace the healthier lifestyle choices holistically. If not, gains will happen again. I'm 3 years out and I've had 10- 15 pound fluctuations throughout that time due to alcohol and careless good choices. I maintained restriction of portion but made poor choices. As of today I'm almost 3 months sober. Drinking an average of 120 ounces of Water a day. I rarely drink anything but Water. Although I do appreciate iced tea and coffee on occasion. Absolute NO carbonation ever!!!! I've maintained a very rigid stance on that since day one. I love to cook and have become quite the health nut chef these days. All from scratch. No canned, boxed or packaged prepared foods. Mostly Proteins, low-fat dairy and veggies. My body does not respond well to carbs. They are not my friend so I do my best to avoid them where possible. Except pizza, I simply REFUSE to give that up. I indulge in weekends occasionally. I do allow myself a cheat day on the weekends. I've found my body responds best to that otherwise I will go into starvation mode and stop losing and/or gaining muscle mass. Im naturally hyper and enjoy the outdoors a lot, especially summer. Additionally I get bored easily. ???????????? So I keep my body guessing with regards to workouts as long as I'm doing SOMETHING. Whether it's circuit training, strength training, dancing, jogging/walking, swimming, heavy housework, walking as opposed to driving somewhere, parking further away for the extra steps, opting for stairs as opposed to elevators or attempting (I say attempting because I'm horrible at sports) a game of baseball/basketball/football with my lil boy.

HW: 237 LBS.

CW: 142 LBS.post-291845-14629771664979_thumb.jpg post-291845-14629772009102_thumb.jpg post-291845-14629772172296_thumb.jpg post-291845-14629772597426_thumb.jpg post-291845-14629771247785_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using the BariatricPal App

Way to go guys! You've all done so well! I'm about 7.5 month post op and still have about 50 or so pounds to go. But I know it's not a race. I feel amazing at 225 vs 355.

Sent from my A846L using the BariatricPal App

Good for you!!! You will get there. Slow and steady wins the race.

Way to go guys! You've all done so well! I'm about 7.5 month post op and still have about 50 or so pounds to go. But I know it's not a race. I feel amazing at 225 vs 355.

Even if it were a race, down 130 pounds in 7.5 months would be winning!

As us country girls say: Hell Yeah!!!!

I wish it were all lost in that timeBecause of my high weight, I got very serious about my health once I met with my Bariatric team last March and started eating and drinking healthy as well as exercising. I could barely walk a block last March and by June I was pushing my baby in his stroller for 3 mike walks & they'd take me about a hour and a half to do. I lost 41 pounds in the 6 months before my surgery to sort of JumpStart my weight loss :)

I wish it were all lost in that timeBecause of my high weight, I got very serious about my health once I met with my Bariatric team last March and started eating and drinking healthy as well as exercising. I could barely walk a block last March and by June I was pushing my baby in his stroller for 3 mike walks & they'd take me about a hour and a half to do. I lost 41 pounds in the 6 months before my surgery to sort of JumpStart my weight loss :)

Still sounds like you are doing awesome! I have no doubt you will get that last 50 pounds off.

Whew girl!!! You better WERK! You are doing fantastic and the right attitude. You've got this. Rock on!!!

Whew girl!!! You better WERK! You are doing fantastic and the right attitude. You've got this. Rock on!!!