Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery on 12-21 and I am down 32 lbs! I did not lose any weight pre-surgery but have been so strict with myself since the surgery. I had an 8 day stall where I lost nothing and I was so disappointed. But I kept moving. That's all I've had to do is keep moving and I wish I weren't so attached to the scale but I am! I can't help it. Hopefully when I start to look how I would like I'll stop checking the scale. Since the stall, I've lost 10 lbs so I'm on the up and up. I have noticed a loss in inches immensely and my stomach is shrinking down. I haven't been to the gym in several days but do a lot of walking as I'm in college and have to go from class to class up and down hill. I do plan to go back soon to start toning my muscles! Good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone,

I had my sleeve done on December 23, 2015 and am down 34 pounds as of today, January 29, 2016. What I have seen and have learned is that we are all different and the weight will come off.

Good luck everyone!!

Hello all, My surgery was December 23rd yes it was hard to be in the hospital on Christmas but my dream has come true. I am down 45 pound today since I started this journey of my weight loss. I drink my Protein drinks daily and for my snack I have a Tablespoon of cottage cheese and a slice of peach or pear. I really love my tropical sugar free pop sickles it really feels like a treat. I love ready every ones journey keep up the great work all.

Hello. I have not yet had my surgery but I was reading this just to see what people are saying that are a month or two into it. I wanted to add that the weight loss is going to be more percentage based. Most of you don't have listed your starting weights but I see a lot of BMIs that aren't really too high so that's probably why you aren't losing as much as fast. If you are 220 you are going to lose slower than someone who is 350. If you are following doctors advice, I'm sure you will all do well.

Hello. I have not yet had my surgery but I was reading this just to see what people are saying that are a month or two into it. I wanted to add that the weight loss is going to be more percentage based. Most of you don't have listed your starting weights but I see a lot of BMIs that aren't really too high so that's probably why you aren't losing as much as fast. If you are 220 you are going to lose slower than someone who is 350. If you are following doctors advice, I'm sure you will all do well.

Brenda I too was concerned about the fact that others seemed to be losing at a quicker rate than I and my surgeon and nutritionist both spoke to the higher your BMI is the quicker you will lose.

So met with a doctor I've been working with for the last year on micronutrient deficiencies, and he showed me a graph of my temperature over the last year. It's been doing what I HOPED my weight was going to do - straight line down and to the left with a significant slope. He seems to think that my super-duper low levels of magnesium are a major part of the problem (since apparently magnesium has a hand in every one of the 17 million mechanisms involved with metabolism.) I've been supplementing with mag for months and months, but my numbers don't seem to be getting any better. He's asked me to double my current dose...will titrate up and see if that has any effect at all.

I gotta tell you, it's discouraging. I get that BMI and BF% play into how quickly you can expect to lose, but I log every d@#&ed thing I put in my mouth (I mean, like, I keep a small digital scale in my purse and weigh my food before and after every meal to make sure I know EXACTLY what I'm eating) and I wear not one but two multi-sensor fitness monitors (take an average for calories burned, because their algorithms are different) I log my food, my sleep, my weight, my Water, everything. I'm averaging about a 1700 calorie a day deficit, but I'm losing MAYBE a pound a week. This has been going on since week 3 after surgery - I'm closing in on 9 weeks now. The surgeon and both NUTs have shrugged their shoulders and told me to talk to the doc, which I will, but not until next week because she's a very popular lady. And the one who suggested surgery to me in the first place because I tried every diet known to humanity and could not take the f@(*ing weight off. No one seems to have any explanation. My macros are solid. My micros are solid. My Water, sleep, activity levels are solid. So unless my body has figured out a way to photosynthesize without my skin green turning green there's something really, really insane going on. I'm 100% sure that I'm not actually an exception to the laws of thermodynamics. If I walk my 200+ lb body around 22-25 miles a week, eating roughly 800-900 calories a day, that deficit has to come from SOMEWHERE. It just does. But where? At what point do I see it?

(Just an aside...I don't keep these kinds of records out of neurosis. I really don't. I don't actually enjoy weighing my food at work or in the occasional restaurant. I need to 1) make sure I know how much I'm REALLY eating, and not just guessing, because I don't want to under-estimate, and 2) keep all the data on the off chance that someone will figure out what's going on.)

Rant over. Thanks for your patience, everyone! I'll be under my desk, curled up in the fetal position (at least until the timer on my phone goes off and it's time to walk the loop around my office parking lot.)

Edited by jeaniebobeanie

Surgery 8th December and down 28lb so far. I feel it's quite low compared to others, but I'm slack about Water and Protein (I just don't feel like eating or drinking), and I haven't got back into exercising yet. So I know I'll do better if I can just get my shit together.

Are you losing inches Jeanie?

Barely. I've dropped an inch from my bust, and an inch and a half from my hips and waist. About what you'd expect for losing 17 lbs.

Are you losing inches Jeanie?

Barely. I've dropped an inch from my bust, and an inch and a half from my hips and waist. About what you'd expect for losing 17 lbs.

I've been in a stall for the last 2 weeks but I've lost 3inches from my waist and 2inches from my hips and thighs.

I know I'm not eating or drinking enough. I'm not really looking at scale now but I notice a difference with my clothes.

Yeah - my inches lost are from my surgery date (Dec 8). I'm going to see what hyper-supplementing with magnesium does, if anything. Seeing that chart with my temperature slowly dropping over the last 6-7 months was an eye-opener. There's clearly something really weird going on with my metabolism.