Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so up set and fed up

hiya

right i was banded by Dr M on the 18th of Dec 2006

was 17st and a little at the time did not have any fill

during the OP have had 4 fills to date

1st fill 26th jan had 2mls

2nd fill 3rd march 1ml

3rd fill not sure date 1ml

4th fill Xray 1 1/4 mls 30th may

in total i have 5 1/4 mls in my

band i do have restriction cant eat bread, or anyting like that

SO WHY HAVE I ONLY LOST 2 STONE SINCE DEC LAST YEAR !!!!!!!!!

well im 15st 7 1/2 have been reading

post and people that have been baned

after me have lost 3 to 4 stone im upset

i can only eat small amounts and i dont eat

junk i have been very good so why is my weight

lost soooooo slow have booked another fill

but a bit scared of being over filled

went to Spain and could not eat a thing

just diet coke did not lose anything then

went to dallas ate normally got back

and i had lost 3 pounds, must say

i am fed up felt i would have lost a bit more than

2 stone by now i know the band is a tool and you have to

work with it which im doing but feels like i wasted my money

my last fill was under X ray and the DR had to take some out

as the Water i drank did not go pass the band so i know the band is ok

a very fed up and sad mine :rain::rain::cry:cry:cry:cry:rain::think

Just wondering if you have an exercise program in place? Have you tried keeping a journal of what exactly you are eating and taking it to the Dr, with you to discuss with him what the problem might be?

Sorry you are so upset, I wish I had a magic answer!!!

Kat

hiya

thank you for your reply, i walk to work at times

dont drive so im rather active, maybe i should write down all

i eat from now on but still feel my weight loss is very slow

mine

Everybody's journey is different, you shouldn't compare yourself to others on here. Be assured that when you reach your sweet spot you will lose weight consistently and probably slowly, but permanently, which is the most important thing here after all!

Try sparkpeople.com or fitday.com. I was having the same problem as you for 3 months I didn't loose any weight so had a slight unfill and then started losing. I wasn't eating enough and getting enough Protein and my body just stop losing. Our bands and bodies are so finicky. Try logging what you eat too, that might help.

Good luck and hope things start going better for you. Don't give up.

hi beachgirl

went on sparkpeople.com very good thank you for that

How are you getting on when and where were you banded and how is it going, hope you dont mind me asking

thank you once again

mine

hi - I haven't posted for a while as I was very disillusioned with my lack of progress with the band which was fitted beginning of march 07. Then I had a flipped port which required a 2nd surgery which was painful. Now 6 months since original surgery - I have just had my first fill and it took ages under xray as the port had flipped again!! anywya the dr fertled around and then gave me a good shot 6.8ml! Well I must admit it hasn't been the magic pill I was hoping for or the miraculous weight loss I wanted (1 stone) however I have joined a slimming world group and that has helped a lot. I think its just going to be slow and steady (please God!). keep posting as these threads (specially UK) are really helpful.

annie

Hi Annie

Sorry to hear about your filpped port mine has sort of of moved as well when i went to Manchester for a fill under Xray it took ages and really hurt however when Dr Marc (he fitted the band in Belgium) does my fill

they are painless and very quick and thats not under Xray he just feels and gets it in one go must say he is very skilled, he fills in London for £60 let me know if you want to try him he does do fills in Belgium under x ray for 90 Euros too.

i must say im rather upset about how slow my weight loss has been but we just must keep at it and not give up, we will get there in the end might just take a little longer chin up girl we will be thin !!!!!!!!!!!

i also go on Dr Marcs fourm most people on there were banded by him and live in the UK we also meet up every now have a look its

Gastric Band Surgery then go into forum they are a very lovely and supportive group i promise

Where were you banded, and where do you have your fills done

do keep in touch

olayinka