Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cleaned out my closet again.

This is my second wardrobe overhaul. Today I went through and got rid of all clothes that were too big. I have another bunch of donations to Goodwill. I also threw away a bag of old stained t-shirts I was hanging on to simply because they fit at one time. My closet is about 25% of what it was when I started. It feels good to donate the clothes in good condition and remove the others. A lot of them were bought simply because they fit...not because I liked them.

I have gone from a tight 22W to a size 14 bottom and an XL top. I have no need to keep my "fat" clothes because I know I will never need them again.

I am still losing, and I am making clothing purchases only as needed. It's the winter, so the few pairs of black and gray pants I have will get me through for a while. I don't care if I repeat the same bottom in a week at work... Honestly I don't think people care or notice. I have enough blouses so I don't have to repeat in the same week. It will get me by for now.

I am looking forward to a new year, a new me, and building a wardrobe that has pieces in it that I love!

It is so freeing to purge the closet of the things that are too big! I am also finding that a pair of black jeggings, a pair of skinny jeans, and a pair of black pants are huge wardrobe stretchers right now.

You are doing great! This new year is going to be soooo good for us!

My first appointment with the surgeon is on January 11th and I can't wait. I'm a self-pay patient and am afraid I have my hopes up on how quickly I can get it done.

I would love to have a moment such as yours. Ever since I decided to finally take this plunge, I have been real careful and stingy about buying clothes with the hope this would be the last time I would have to buy the nearly biggest size at Catherines. I can't imagine buying clothes from a regular store.

I sometimes look at ads for pretty clothes for skinny people and drool but have to quickly stop because I don't want to get my hopes up too much until after the surgery.

@@Margie122 congrats on your success and letting go of the clothes you no longer need. I have found that letting go, for me, is a major part of this process whether it is letting go of the clothes, the weight or the habits or thoughts that do not serve me now.

Yay for you and your new wardrobe in 2016!!

For me this has been one of the biggest surprises of all!

I went through this process to get healthy, it was never about getting thin.

Well, I got healthy very fast. Then it became about losing the weight and getting to goal. I am currently 1lb overweight and 10lbs from my ideal weight although I would argue that I am literally Boney in places and I have a lot of loose skin after losing 135lbs.

If I don't lose another pound I would be happy where I am, knowing some day soon I will have several pounds of loose skin removed.

Now, I cannot believe I am saying this but I love clothes! I can shop wherever I want and normal sizes fit me! I wish I would win the lottery so I could have a giant closet full of beautiful clothes that were meant for me. Shoes too! They never mattered, now they do.

I am currently holding off assuming I have another 10lbs to go and I am in between a size 12 and a size 10. If I have all this excess skin removed I would likely be a size 8. I own two pair of jeans that are becoming too big fast. Several pairs of yoga pants which I wear all the time. 2 long sleeve tops for winter, a couple of sweater dresses. A couple of tanks and a couple of sweaters that are too big but I can still wear them over my tanks.

That is literally my whole closet.

My husband hangs my pjs in there when he does laundry just to make it look better. LOL!

I have purged so many times in the last year! It is the best part.

@@Djmohr you remind me of me. I actually loved purging the old stuff. I had some nice things, and I paid a lot of money for them, but I loved getting rid of them. It felt like renewal to me. I had a handful of things at any one time as I was losing. It took 14 months, and I dropped from a 24-26 to an 8.

Once I got to an 8, I gradually added more and more clothes. I love shopping! I have finally defined my style, and can wear all the things I wanted to before but couldn't. I made a rule - 'no ugly shirts', lol. Now, I will rarely buy a shirt unless there is something special about it. I also resist the urge to buy twinsets - my old standby.

Now my closet is packed again, and I probably need to go through and get rid of some things. Some of it is a couple of years old and doesn't get worn much as they have been replaced with newer things, and I no longer have to keep it just because it fits. It's a whole new world!

Getting rid of clothing that no longer fits me feels fantastic...! Clothes that no longer fit me but are in good conditions I tend to pass them over to relatives or friends that desire them. Sometimes I just send them to a tailor to do some cutting and stitching so they will fit me! My closet has now space for more size fitting clothes too! I'm excited to go shopping and well, I guess keep losing and repeating the wardrobe cycle haha

I've been overhauling my closet this weekend and it's been amazing!! I'm only 3 weeks out, but with my pre op weight loss, I'm down about 70 altogether! So far, I've got 3 bags for a lovely lady who could use a hand up and 3 bags to donate. And still more to go through!! I have lots to get me through the next few sizes down, except pants, so... leggings it is!