Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your Holiday Gift List: WLS Style

It’s the holiday season, and that probably means gifts. A good gift should be personal. It should show your love and support. It might not cost much, but it can be very meaningful.

No worries if you’re stuck when thinking about bariatric-friendly gifts. Help is on the way! Here are BariatricPal’s ideas for a WLS gift list.

Gift Card to The BariatricPal Store

Gift cards are all the rage. They avoid the possibility of giving an unwanted gift and forcing the recipient to go through the hassle of the returns process. You could opt for a generic gift card to one of the mass merchandisers, but why not get one that’s a little more personal?

A gift card to The BariatricPal Store may be the answer. It’s good on any product in the BariatricPal Store, from high-protein pretzels to single-serve packets of low-carb oatmeal and Pasta to bariatric Vitamins. Weight loss surgery patients can stay nourished and save time using The BariatricPal Store.

Oh, and by the way…it’s a great last-minute gift. It’s delivered electronically so the recipient gets it instantly.

A Comfort Basket

Everyone can use a little extra comfort after weight loss surgery. A comfort basket can be a great gift, and it’s even better because you can customize it with special treats for the recipient. Here are a few ideas.

• A cute blanket because some weight loss surgery patients get cold as they lose weight.
  • Some gourmet Protein Soup, broth, or bouillon to stay hydrated and get warm.
  • Some recipe cards with high-protein, low-carb healthy recipes…and maybe some of the ingredients that go into those recipes.< br>
  • A nice bath soap to encourage the recipient to just…relax.
  • Some bariatric treats like sugar-free cheesecake or all-natural turkey jerky.

Product Subscriptions from The BariatricPal Store

Once you become a bariatric surgery patient, you’re no longer a great candidate to be a member of a Wine of the Month, chocolate of the Month, or Cookie of the Month Clubs. So how can your friends and family give you a gift that you’ll remember all year long? Try a subscription at The BariatricPal Store!

When you sign someone up for Subscribe and Save, the order automatically ships to their door every 1, 2, or 3 months. You can have The BariatricPal Store bill your credit card. It’ll keep going until you cancel it, so there’s no need to remember to pay a bill or order the next delivery. The recipient will think of you every time they receive a great-tasting batch of bariatric chocolate cake, or a time-saving variety pack of hot and cold breakfasts.

Gym Membership for Two

This kills so many birds with one stone. It is a gift that says, “I love you so much that I’m willing to go to the gym so we can be healthy together.” It gives you the chance to get fit, and it comes with a built-in motivator: a workout buddy.

Say goodbye to excuses when both of you have a gym membership. You can’t let that money go to waste. And when you work out together, you can push each other, encourage each other, gain a little more respect for each other, and, yes, even have fun together. That’s a great gift!

The BariatricPal Big Book

Pre-op or post-op, and band, bypass, or sleeve, there’s a Big Book on Weight Loss Surgery that’s right for you. The big books have tips, hacks, and recipes for every stage of the weight loss surgery journey, from choosing a surgeon to moving into maintenance.

Order a hard copy for curling up near the fireplace on a cool evening, or get an electronic version so you can read the Big Book whenever you want.

I.O.U’s

Remember back in grade school when you’d make a coupon book for Father’s Day? You might have included things like washing the car, mowing the lawn, or making lunch. Those things may not seem too special, but here’s a hint that they were: your dad may have kept those coupons around for decades.

Well, you can create something just as special now. What about some of these coupons?

• A workout together at the gym, in a group fitness class, or outdoors.
  • A meal that you cook together, so both of you can understand what it’s like to count protein, measure every bite, and put together healthy meals.
  • An afternoon shopping for clothes…which is so much more fun when you can fit into them after losing weight.
  • (For a pre-op patient) Help cleaning out the unhealthy foods from the kitchen, and restocking it with healthy foods.

Each of these coupons says, “I like spending time with you. I want to share my world with you, and I am so thankful for your interest.”

We hope these ideas are helpful and make your holiday season easier. If you have any gift ideas, please share them in the comments section!

I already bought my Christmas present for myself. Two massage certificates. The massage therapist at the wellness center is having a holiday sale so I took advantage of it.

I do have a friend who is planning to have surgery this year. I am already mentally planning a comfort basket for her.