Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Queenie, Good to have you here. I am fairly new at this myself but have been learning a lot by reading what others have gone through.

The only advice I can really give is simply do what they told you, making sure you get in all the Protein you need and Water...lots of Water. I failed at both at first. When you eat, go slow and small amounts.

The things people say not to do are based on mistakes they made and learned from. Some I had to learn the hard way. Overall it might be the best thing you have ever done. I know it was up there for me.

We got to practice sipping on our surgery class. We were there for 2 hours that day and every 15 minutes were to finish a tiny 1 Oz cup. It was a great way to let it sink into the attention we needed to pay to getting in Water and timing.

Don't compare your weight loss to anyone else. If you're following your plan, the weight will come off at your body's own pace.

Also, stalls happen and are just part of the process. Expect your first one as early as 3-6 weeks. This one especially is normal and inevitable. Stay the course, stay off the scale, don't get discouraged and let it pass :)

The biggest thing to do is remember everyone is different and everyone looses as different rates. As Babbs said, stalls happen, you will get through them. I happen to be a slow loser and have had more stalls than I can count. I even follow my program very closely. I will say that I am down over 50 pounds in almost 4 months. Just be patient and listen to your body.

Also - WATER!!! you will hear it over and over but drink, drink, drink. I was one of the unfortunate ones who was re-hospitalized for dehydration. Don't let that happen to you. It's horrible!

Congratulations on being on the losers bench, it's such a wonderful place to be!

You have gotten some great advice.

Sip, sip, sip, and sip some more. Staying hydrated and getting in all of your Protein should be your primary focus right now.

Also, be sure to walk and move around.

Follow your program.

Focus on getting in all of your Protein and fluids every day.

Take your Vitamins and supplements as directed.

Exercise when cleared. Walking is a great way to start.

Also, as @@Babbs mentioned, none of us lose at a constant or predictable rate, but most of us experience our first stall about three weeks post-op. Stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process of losing weight.

Follow your program and weigh infrequently if the numbers on the scale mess with your head.

And, Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

As everyone said the stall(s) will happen, take your measurements once a month so you see the progress even when the scale doesn't move the inches will! Take pictures! Write in a journal so you can look back at where you came from.

All the above are great advice!

Welcome!!!!!!

Really try to focus on one day (even one minute) at a time and be VERY VERY patient. It may seem impossible in the moment, but you really will get better, feel normal, and reach your goal weight someday. Have faith and be patient.

Thank you everyone. .. There seems to be some common threads in all your advice.. sipping is hard.. I will make more of an effort. . it feels like a fine line, sip to mych to often and inend up in pain, dont sip enough and I could end up back in hospital. . I am so glad i have time off of work to get my head around my new body requirements. thank you again everyone x Im glad to be here.

Thank you everyone. .. There seems to be some common threads in all your advice.. sipping is hard.. I will make more of an effort. . it feels like a fine line, sip to mych to often and inend up in pain, dont sip enough and I could end up back in hospital. . I am so glad i have time off of work to get my head around my new body requirements. thank you again everyone x Im glad to be here.

I was told to try to drink an ounce every 15 minutes, which really isn't all that much, it just means you have to be sipping all day long.

WElcome to the group! I will echo what the group said. They gave you good answers.I would also recommend reading Geneen Roth's "When food is Love." It helped me tremendously to deal with the emotional side of eating that got me in that position in the first place. Good luck on your journey!