Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Loosing a lot of my hair

@@RNYDawnI use EasiPart 12" Human hair. I did this for two reasons. 1) I wanted to be able to add low lights to better match my current hair color and 2) I thought it would look more natural. Just a word of caution, HH does take more work. I have to wash and deep condition my topper each week which takes about 20 minutes, but I think that the results are worth the effort. I have been wearing this topper since late August and NO ONE can tell! They all think I got highlights and my hair looks awesome. :) At this point I have lost about 50% of my hair so it is rather thin at the bottom but is starting to come back in on top. I may just keep wearing this even after my hair comes back in. I will see if I can post a pic so you can see. :)

I agree! Ur hair looks great!

@@RNYDawn

It is pretty secure. Not sure about if a small child pulled on it. It might move then, no kids have tried it yet so not really sure. But I can comb it without any issues. It doesn't move and I Hardly notice I am wearing it most of the time. I thought it might feel weird, but after the first week I quit thinking about it. I think You can sew extra tension clips in on the top to make it even more secure but I don't think it really needs it.

Protein!!! I have always been told that after WLS you can prevent hair loss by makings sure you are getting enough Protein. My nutritionist and surgeon said that almost always the Hair loss is caused by not enough Protein. I have not had my surgery yet but have had hair loss in the past from anemia which can also cause hair loss.

Caloric restriction also leads to Hair loss

I've started to lose my hair at 7 and a half weeks. I am becoming depressed because I had to go through this before in the past. I had to resort to wearing hot uncomfortable wigs. Please tell me that I will not lose every strand of my hair. Those who have experienced this already.

My hair is falling out too. In droves. There's not much we can do, but just roll with the punches. It's all part of the process unfortunately. The good news is that eventually it will end and our hair "should" grow back.

I have long extremely thick hair and i have hemochromatosis so praying it skips me..and yes its not perm....doctor says people lose it becuase yoir body is adjusting.

I lost so much hair we had to shave my beautiful long hair. It was awful. But the day I made the decision it was actually freeing. I had a Rny but had an unbelievable amount of complications. I know it sucks but it will pass

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am 14 weeks out and having been losing hair for a month. It is getting worse. Ugh. I have been using viviscal Vitamins for three weeks so far, it hasn't helped. I have been on an Iron supplement all along. I think it is just gonna fall out. Not really stressing. I know it will stop..... Eventually. Worst case scenario I had to get wigs!!!!!! That could be kinda fun until it grows back!!!

So i had this discussion with my surgeon...this is NOT a gastric sleeve issue...this is a SURGERY issue and can happen to anyone...main thing is to follow your diet as your supposed too, take all Vitamins etc...the surgery interrupts the Hair growth CYCLE...its temp....she has assured me...and if you have already thin hair its more dramatic but not everyone gets it. I have very long thick hair...so im just as worried as everyone else.

I have had 6 surgeries throughout my life, a small one for a breast lump, three knee ones, two c sections. I have never lost a strand of hair until this surgery. My most major ones besides c sections (21 years ago) was a partial knee replacement.

Please research this..i have and it can happen with any surgery why bariatric surgery is more prevalent i dont know...hey it woukd bother me but its short lived and i would not mind getting some.nice sexy colored wigs!