Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 week post op! Puree time!

I am 3 weeks post op and I am soooo jealous of you. I AM SICK OF LIQUIDS!!! 2 weeks of liquids pre op, 2 weeks of Clear Liquids post op, 2 weeks of liquids (including blended up soup), then 2 weeks of pureed, then FINALLY... drum roll...... real freaking food!!!

I am doing great other than that :) No problems to speak of!

How are you @@ladee2279???? How do you feel? Take those pain meds!!

Walking and Water, I don't have any answers for the Protein thing, I'm used to it since I do weight training and have to drink it everyday, maybe try these suggestions :

I buy my protein at the Vitamin Shoppe, I like powders more Than pre- mix, it is gastric friendly, I believe it is called " Body Tech" and I drink it with 3oz of water, the rich chocolate is my favorite since you can mix it with instant Decaf and Splenda and ice for a treat, powders allow you to buy different flavors like banana, strawberry, and there are also punch flavor ones, I pay $49.99 for a 5lb container and it lasts me about 72 days, so I save a lot more than those pre-mix cans, there are also non flavored brands so you can mix it with things like G2, or soy milk, I would also invest in a good shaker bottle with the mixer in it, and try to use the coldest liquids available to mix with, water is my friend now and I crave it a lot, I try to drink all day, and I put it in my shaker bottle also, the most important I did to promote healing was my walking, it got easier as time went by and it accelerated my healing, I also had trouble with fluids at first, maybe getting in 25-40oz, but as your stomach heals you will easily get in your 60-80oz...... Good luck and welcome

I am 3 weeks post op and I am soooo jealous of you. I AM SICK OF LIQUIDS!!! 2 weeks of liquids pre op, 2 weeks of Clear Liquids post op, 2 weeks of liquids (including blended up soup), then 2 weeks of pureed, then FINALLY... drum roll...... real freaking food!!!

How are you @@ladee2279???? How do you feel? Take those pain meds!![/quote

Oh that's harsh! I'm so sorry. I gulf not imagine 1 mo of just liquids post op. That's a little much but I'm not a Dr.

Stay strong!!

I am 3 weeks post op and I am soooo jealous of you. I AM SICK OF LIQUIDS!!! 2 weeks of liquids pre op, 2 weeks of clear liquids post op, 2 weeks of liquids (including blended up soup), then 2 weeks of pureed, then FINALLY... drum roll...... real freaking food!!!

I am doing well spirit wise, however k am struggling getting all the fluids in and I'm dealing with pain as well. I was trying not to take pain meds that often but will take some today.

Are you still sore? In any form of pain?

I am 3 weeks post op and I am soooo jealous of you. I AM SICK OF LIQUIDS!!! 2 weeks of liquids pre op, 2 weeks of clear liquids post op, 2 weeks of liquids (including blended up soup), then 2 weeks of pureed, then FINALLY... drum roll...... real freaking food!!!

I am doing well spirit wise, however k am struggling getting all the fluids in and I'm dealing with pain as well. I was trying not to take pain meds that often but will take some today.

Are you still sore? In any form of pain?

I'm not in any pain 1.5 weeks out. I think I had minimal pain from the get go! Each day gets better and you'll be able to drink/eat more and more, but to a point.

@@rking just curious how much have you lost on suck a strict nutrition plan? You are def strong!

I am technically 7 days post op and have my f/u appt. on Fri. 12/11. My week 2 diet consists of full liquids, soft dairy and strained Soups. I have noticed that many sleevers had different pre op and diet progression rules. I want to start soft foods but it's hard to get liquids down because the gas in my chest is HORRENDOUS! I have heard that it can take up to 3 weeks for it to dissipate!

Other than the gas, I am feeling ok. I get a little weak if I overdo it trying to walk out the gas... I'm not taking in the liquids that I should but I don't feel hungry at all. Hopefully the soft foods will go down better!

I am technically 7 days post op and have my f/u appt. on Fri. 12/11. My week 2 diet consists of full liquids, soft dairy and strained Soups. I have noticed that many sleevers had different pre op and diet progression rules. I want to start soft foods but it's hard to get liquids down because the gas in my chest is HORRENDOUS! I have heard that it can take up to 3 weeks for it to dissipate!

Other than the gas, I am feeling ok. I get a little weak if I overdo it trying to walk out the gas... I'm not taking in the liquids that I should but I don't feel hungry at all. Hopefully the soft foods will go down better!

Awesome Cleo brown! I see many people has complications after. I'm glad u haven't experienced much besides the gas. How'd it go on ur follow up?

4 days post op. Will not weigh until I return to dr to get my staples out on Tuesday. My pain has been minimal, lots of gas though. Felt week the first couple of days. On clear liquids through Sunday and then 2 weeks of liquids including you yogurt and Protein Drinks. Can wait until I can actually chew my food!! Wonder how long it takes for ones stomach actually heals up?