Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been eating solids after a week. Every time I eat solids, I feel nauseous, and I feel a pain like something is stuck in my esophagus going down to my stomach; and I have been throwing up every day. I feel so weak and am nervous when I have to eat.

Is this normal for this to be the first week? I am suppose to be able to eat 1/2 cup of solids. I have eaten hard boil or scrambled eggs, I have had macaroni and cheese, baked tilapia. I just am not sure. I am waiting the 15 min after liquids and then eating then nothing to drink for 30 minutes. Im suppose to eat my food in 25min but I never make it to 25 min because I am full.

I am also learning when my body is full. I just want the nausea to go away. Any suggestions??!! Please!!

I am doing the 4 rules

No drinking 15 before and 30 min after

I am eating chickpea size, I am chewing my food, although I do not chew it 30 times because I just can't possibly chew that long. Am I suppose to wait in-between bites? And how far apart do people eat at this time I was told every 5 hours. I am messing up but I'm not sure where, and I am tired of feeling like this, please help!

Omg I was the same my self still have to eat Proteins first if it's chicken or tuna or eggs I can only do 2oz at a time if not I be sick for the rest of the day !???????? I can eat like 2 time a day the rest Water & yes wait 30 min to drink anything before or after good luck I just know it will get easy for us soon or later I also am just started week ago on solids food

@@queenie's when did you have your surgery?

Thank you. Hopefully it will get better. I am going to measure stuff out to 2oz and see how it goes!! I can't eat chicken yet, I have to wait for 7 weeks post op.

To us getting better!! :D

looks like you're about a month out. Call your surgeon's office. Could be a stricture, and if so, you need to get that fixedd. I had one at four weeks and another at eight weeks (haven't had once since...)

At 4 weeks out your body is still in heal mode. Transitioning to solid food too soon can damage your stomach. For those with RNY surgery, solids are not recommended until week 9.

It sounds like you are on a similar regiment as I am. I called my Dr yesterday and I asked the nurse the same question. On week 4 I can hardly get down any food( flaky fish, Beans, cooked vegetables,soft pasta) is that normal.? She said yes, eat slow and small bites and stop when you feel full, even if it's 3 bites.

I promise i was going to post something very similar to your issue. I have been having the same problems. I am 7 weeks post op. The feeling of food being stuck, not quite choking, just not moving well. Always resulting in vomiting. (Makes me feel a bit bulimic.)

Then the nausea I have to control with Tums (I use the peppermint so my breath doesn't taste like stomach).

So, I have decided to go back to the soft stage and then add foods one at a time again, eating slower, and waiting more than 30 minutes to drink after eating. (That's the hardest part for me, and sometimes I chew a piece of ice.)

I do really well with Protein shakes, but solid foods I just haven't figured out yet. Our relationship with food really does change. And I totally understand getting frustrated because it feels like we keep getting it wrong. So I'm with you, and if anyone knows a better way please do share.

Had surgery in June lost 80 pounds, it was tough but worth it, I have mean family members saying to have it reversed cause they say I don't look right smaller, don't think there is a such thing. I'm way happier now and a lot less health problems.

@quennie's I ate 2oz and didn't throw up once. Thank you so much!! :D

@@catwoman7 Im sorry that happened to you. I have been eating less and feel great!! Thank you.

@@Hankster yes that is my regiment. I have been chewing slowly, but I was sitting there with my 4oz, and trying to get it down. Unfortunately I don't know what full is yet. I ate the 2 oz and it went great!! Didn't throw up once!! :)

@@Miracle I was feeling horrible all week, but I swear eating the 2 ounces, helped me so much, plus the doctor prescribed me Pantoprazole sodium 40mg and it has helped me. It was prescribed in the beginning, and I thought I was taking it but it turns out I was taking a Vitamin. :wacko: Oops, I didn't even look at it I would unscrew and take and this whole week it was a Vitamin. I feel so dumb.

@@ejones8979 Don't listen. AS long as your happy and of course your health is number 1!! Congrats on the 80 pounds!!

Thank you guys for posting.

I am having the same problem. I am on week 3. My surgeon told me to start solids. I am afraid to eat. I can eat yogurt and drink smoothies with no problem. Feeling discouraged

I don't eat solids until week seven