Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well went to see the PCP today and my damn Bp was 141/105 and now I'm on Bp meds!! I hate this! I was taking diet pills cause I can't gain anymore weight or ins won'taapprove the surgery the surgeon said so I'm trying to make sure I don't gain.

Noe I have no weight loss pills, no signed papers from PCP and I'm on Bp meds!! What a freaking day! I have fought my life to lose weight and seen my dad on Bp meds n I didn't wanna take them, that's the point of the surgery!

Fighting to try n get healthy lose weight and now have to fight this to get a surgery to help my life, when does the fighting stop!! I won't give up!!!!! I want this and I have fought to live a halfassed life and I will fight to live a healthier life! I will fight!

Anyway just talking about Bp meds and wondering about others on these meds with the surgery. I'm on Losartan 50mg a day.

I was on BP medication for a couple years prior to my surgery; came off of it just before surgery and have not restarted it because my BP has stabilized to a relatively normal range. The surgery and subsequent weight loss should help with your BP issue. It's frustrating for you, but don't give up!! There is light at the end of the BP tunnel.

@@MrsSugarbabe, PCP wants to see me again next Monday and check Bp and if its down he will sign the papers. Idk exactly what a week will tell him but I'm all for it if it helps get them signed.

PCP said he would rather see me on these meds for a short time than having a stroke and being in the nursing home for the next 50yrs, that I must say I agree with.

Thank you for your response also, I appreciate it.

My PCP had me keeping a BP log over a period of time which meant I bought a home BP kit which was easy to use. The readings may not be exactly the same as when I go to my PCP, but it's still a tracking tool; kind of like the scale. I still have the occasional slightly high BP and sometime slightly low BP, but most often it's in a reasonable range. I, too, would rather you be on meds for a short time than to stroke out or have a heart attack. Medications aren't necessarily a bad thing.

I also came off my diabetic medication prior to surgery and have not needed them again, but the trade off besides having a great A1C is that now I have to be careful about hypoglycemic episodes. Needless to say, I always try to stay prepared.

Dealing with these two things is better than still being 62 lbs. heavier than I am now (even if I'm not at goal yet).

Good luck to you!

Thank you @@MrsSugarbabe, I appreciate it and I may go ahead and buy 1 also as that would help me know more. I do get lots of headaches just always thought it was stress as I worry a lot.

So glad to hear about the diabetic meds you got off of, that is GREAT NEWS!! And your doing great! 62lbs won't take you long. ????

HBP is one of the comorbidity conditions that will aid in getting your surgery approved. I'm on 3 different meds and my pressure was still a little high at the Drs.

In a week it will be enough for the meds to work.

:)

@condyw41, thank you. I forgot about the comorbidity so to speak. I knew it was on there just didn't know how it was supposed to be I guess.

Guess I can have it its just gotta be under control. Well now I feel better n hopefully I won't gain wright especially after not taking weight loss pills anymore. That usually messes you up in general.

Thank you all for the info, I appreciate it.

Why not start the pre op diet now? It would prevent your weight from going up, it will probably make your blood pressure go down, and would be a good jump start for when he does sign the paperwork. Not the most awesome thing in the world, but it could help kill a few birds at once.

I could I suppose, its just my PCP signing the paperwork not the surgeon. I still have 5 months of visits n all that jazz to do.

I'm on bp meds and have been for about 6 months and I am a diabetic at the age of 24 so I'm getting the surgery to save my life I know its a hard road but I have to do something

I could I suppose, its just my PCP signing the paperwork not the surgeon. I still have 5 months of visits n all that jazz to do.

5 months, ew. Perhaps low carb eating rather than pre op. I don't know what your surgeon's pre op looks like but mine was Atkins on crack. Super low carb, low cal, low fat, high Protein = not fun. I don't think you should do that for 5 months. I was ready to kill after 3 weeks. However, low carb eating with an eye on sodium levels might help.

I'm on bp meds and have been for about 6 months and I am a diabetic at the age of 24 so I'm getting the surgery to save my life I know its a hard road but I have to do something

I'm not a diabetic but Bp is a problem n has been for yes I have just been putting it off n trying to lose weight n exercise n I will lose a few then gain back more. I am 37 n weigh 313 as of today.

I have kids n grandkids n a husband I want to be around for and enjoy the time I have left however long that may be. I want to actually live n quit being afraid of going places n doing things with my family, even eating out is embarrassing cause I am bigger.

I want to show my kids not to be like me this way, its hard and could literally kill them.

I thought you're surgery was soon. It will be very hard for you to maintain and not gain weight for 5 months without making changes.

A Low carb high Protein diet is what my doctor had me on. I lost just 8lbs in 7 months.

You can do this

Get the my fitness pal ap. It will help you keep track of your sodium, cal, carbs and Protein.

@@cindyw41 I have the Mfp app just need to actually use it.

@@Yaberhoo ready to kill...love it ????.

High Protein low carb I will try it, otherwise its just gonna continue to be yoyoing for the next 5 months ????.