Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was sleeved 9-17 at 270 lbs and am down 60 pounds. started a size 26.

The time I lost weight, I was at a size 12/14 at 200 pounds.

So now I'm at 210 and am still in a size 20!! Last time at 200 I was a size 12/14. How is this possible?!dont think I'll go down 3 or 4 sizes in 10 pounds!!!

Thanks

Are you exercise tighten up your skin I started at 213 now I'm am 160 surgery date was July but about 12weeks I did pool exercise and still my pants size10_8 give it time

Do you only shop at one store i.e. Lane Bryant ? I can wear size 22 in LB now, but 18 in other stores.

@@Shainadelphia

"The time I lost weight, I was at a size 12/14 at 200 pounds."

If you meant that you wore 12/14 the last time you lost weight, there are three possibilities; otherwise, two:

a. You're misrecalling

b. The item(s) were mislabeled as 12/14

c. The manufacturer of the 12/14('s) you bought were doing vanity sizing to the wildest degree

Size tags mean little, Shainadelphia, and I hate to be the one to deliver this sad news. There's very little uniformity among manufacturers, but it does seem that 20 is common at 200 lbs. You'll probably be better off and never confused if you measure your progress in other ways.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Yes, I'm referring to the most recent time (before the sleeve) I lost weight

It doesn't have to with how the manufacture labels the sizes. I know because I still have the clothes I wore at 200 and there is NO way they will fit when I lose 10 more pounds.

I'm afraid I lost too much muscle and not fat. I go to NUT this week. And I did increase my exercise this week.

Clothing sizes are a mess. I had a hard time grasping the concept that others were claiming they were a size 6 at 180 pounds and I was still wearing size 16 pants. I would like to know where they shop. My body shape-shifted several times.

There are so many factors that play into a women’s clothing size. All in all our size will range 3 or 4 numbers up and down. I would say someone that averages a size 8 could probably fit into anything from a women’s 6–10 or a juniors 7–9. Here are some examples of reasons that clothing would fluctuate in size:

1. Brand name. Some clothing usually more expensive clothing tends to run smaller where as less expensive brands i.e. Old Navy tend to run larger. It’s not a set in stone rule but always try on.

2. Most clothing now a days has LYRCA in it, the more LYRCA the more stretch hence you may wear a smaller size in it.

3. Your body. Just because two people may be the same weight or the same weight and height doesn’t’ mean they have the same body. It’s just the way it goes.

OP, I think you might've lost more muscle this time. I carry weight similar to how you used to: at 207 I was a dress size 10 and pants12/14. Even now at 282 my pants are a size18 or XXL and my tops are L or XL. Size 18 dresses are baggy on me and I still wear size 16 dresses. It's always been attributed to the way I carry my weight (mostly butt, hips and legs) and mainly because I have a lot of muscle.

If you're not already doing so, I think you might need to begin a light weight training routine. It will probably make you gain a few pounds at first but it's because you'll be converting fatty tissue to muscle and muscle weighs more than fat.

I honestly think that's why we are told to maintain such high levels of Protein in the beginning - so that we don't lose so much muscle. It sounds like it's hard for people to meet that requirement; I haven't had my surgery yet so all I can do is guess... I hope your doc helps you figure things out!

Edited by Afwifey

How has no one mentioned height???? What size one is in at 200# at 5' will vary greatly from 200# an 5'8".

@@dhrguru I agree with the height needs to be considered as well. I am 5'8" and can wear some 12/14s at my current weight. I also think how you are shaped plays a role too. Pear or apple shaped? I am kinda neither. rather chesty and my weight is evenly distributed so far so my clothes sizes vary a lot with shirts and dresses sizes because of my bust size.

I'm 5'1, currently at 178 lbs, and in a 10/12. I've never been that small before... My high weight was 266 and I was a 22. However, at 16 I was 160 and in a 14. Your body changes, there are several factors that could cause this to be different. But best of luck to you.

I started at 224 and in 18. I'm now 198 and still 18. When will I drop a size????

I started at 330lbs and a size 28 (5"5) now 3 months later I'm 268lbs and size 16/18 top and bottoms. I've always worn a smaller size comparing my weight??? I guess it's how I carry my weight??? Idk and have given up trying to figure it out! On the bright side.... I can shop at Old Navy!!! Woohoo!!!

Update - I had already started and am continuing intense weight training and though my weight has stayed the same I have lost inches (that is how I am measuring my loss now, not the scale)

I am impatient!! I want to be at my goal right now.