Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good idea about the gum!!! I'll have to try that!

Day 2 and also day 2 of a whopping headache! Ugh. I think I can, I think I can!!

I will be honest and say that the first three days in hospital will be rough (the combination of the hospital stay, and the discomfort). However, every day gets so so much better. Every day you will wake up and the discomfort and pain will lessen (and there is not that much pain after surgery).

You will start to look forward to each new stage of your diet and hold on to that! You won't be craving chips, chocolate.. you will crave mashed potatoes and pumpkin, carrots etc! And take that as a win too!

I also recommend weighing yourself every week, but also taking measurements. The weight is great to lose, but having those measurements were amazing for me. Getting my tape measure and being able to see how big I was only 1-2 weeks ago was great and really encouraging!

The surgery is a big step but you made the decision for a reason. Remember, you can still eat the same foods but all in moderation. I was crying a few days until I realised that I wasn't crying over the surgery, I was crying over the diet and that snapped me out of it. It's only 6 weeks until I can eat normal food again (in moderation), and I cannot wait. :)

The biggest fear I'm dealing with is not the surgery itself or worrying about if I could do it on my own (because I can't) but the fear of failure. Failure I won't get to my goal weight and the fear of regain, even if I do reach that point. So basically I'm worried about regaining weight I haven't even lost! How messed up is that?

That's my biggest fear..in scheduled 12/14. I have to do 1 wk Liquid Protein preop which I'm nervous about only liquids for a week but my biggest fear/ anxiety is that I won't lose weight! Or that I'll lose it and not sustain and gain weight back and this will all be for nothing..but one day at a time right. Good luck!

Edited by rgilio88

I will say day 4 of the liquid diet has gotten a little easier. Still hard to see my family eat but I am really not hungry!! I am have already lost a couple of pounds! I am try to look on the bright side of things!!

You go girl!!!!

how much weight so far have you lost so far on liquids?

I'm going to be honest I am scared. My thoughts are consumed with "what ifs" and of the surgery day in and day out. I pray that all goes well and I try to think positive but it's been a challenge. My surgery is December 8th.

Good luck today!!!

I'm going to be honest I am scared. My thoughts are consumed with "what ifs" and of the surgery day in and day out. I pray that all goes well and I try to think positive but it's been a challenge. My surgery is December 8th.

Good luck today!!!

Thank you!

I am also doing the 2 week pre shake diet, and I am getting all kinds of cravings that were never there before. It is so hard for me ! My surgery date is the 16th and I'm really anxious for it to get here. My advice to you is to just take it one day at a time and not concentrate on the future. Its normal to have fears, just remember what the end result is going to be, and stay focused.

I have lost 10 lbs so far. I have 4 more days of it. My surgery is this Saturday.

Good luck today!!!
Thank you!

Let us know how it goes!

I have lost 10 lbs so far. I have 4 more days of it. My surgery is this Saturday. @@meganmom - what are you eating/drinking? I need some ideas. Kudo's to you too because I don't know how you're doing it! I have been drinking Protein Shakes throughout the day and only eating supper, I don't know if I can do the liquids all day but I'm willing to try.

I have lost 10 lbs so far. I have 4 more days of it. My surgery is this Saturday. @@meganmom - what are you eating/drinking? I need some ideas. Kudo's to you too because I don't know how you're doing it! I have been drinking Protein shakes throughout the day and only eating supper, I don't know if I can do the liquids all day but I'm willing to try.

It is super hard. I can drink 5 shakes a day. Honestly I am not hungry I just want to eat food because I like food. I have some major willpower I never knew I had. I have had broth 2 times. The chocolate shakes with frozen strawberries and cheesecake Jello powder in it is really yummy. I did cheat once. You can do it @destiny__77

I have lost 10 lbs so far. I have 4 more days of it. My surgery is this Saturday.

Good luck today!!!
Thank you!
Let us know how it goes!

I'm in my room. I have pain in my stomach that feels like very bad menstrual cramps. I am allowed pain meds every 3 hours. I am allowed to eat ice chips. @9 the nurse said she will sit me in the chair and I will begin walking tomorrow. I have compression that inflates every so often on me legs So far so good. Thank you all for your kind words. I'm going to get some rest.