Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh my life I've taken ibuprofen. I am eight weeks postop after having the gastric bypass's. I have Tylenol because I know I can't have ibuprofen. I have a collection of ibuprofen that doesn't expire until 2018. Well I ever be able to take ibuprofen again.

No, you should not take it ever again. Frankly, doctors are now telling anyone to limit how much you take of it because it can cause problems in general. But, you can take Tylenol. Of course, talk to your doctor for a definitive answer.

S

My doctor said I should plan to not take ibuprofen for life. He said if a compelling reason to take it arises, he'd consult with the doctor prescribing it. If they decided it was best, he'd allow me to take it for a short time and monitor me closely.

I gave my ibuprofen to some family members. I take Tylenol, use ice and heating pad for various pains.

Definitely no. It has been hard to get used to because of my severe arthritis but it is not worth the potential stomach issues.

No, consider yourself allergic to ALL NSAIDS and tell any medical professionals from nurses, check in, and doctors that you are ALLERGIC to NSAIDS. Especially tell your pharmacist so they can double check anything new you're taking.

Edited by SPettijo

Guess it's another all docs are different issue. Mine said don't use it for and chronic things or long term but a few here and there for a headache or something were fine but not more than 600mg.

The issue is that it irritates the lining of the stomach and that is a risk for developing ulcers. If you have a normal stomach and get an ulcer that won't go away they can do surgery and remove that part of the stomach. With how little stomach we have that could be a huge problem.

Guess it's another all docs are different issue. Mine said don't use it for and chronic things or long term but a few here and there for a headache or something were fine but not more than 600mg.

The issue is that it irritates the lining of the stomach and that is a risk for developing ulcers. If you have a normal stomach and get an ulcer that won't go away they can do surgery and remove that part of the stomach. With how little stomach we have that could be a huge problem.

my doctor said the same thing- short term/occasional use is ok.

Don't use continuously.

You can get a topical ibuprofen I use it on my knees when they hurt