Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My name is Cheshire, I have been dealing with PCOS since I was about 16 diagnosed with it in 2008. I have been trying to naturally or with diet and exercise to get rid of the almost 150lbs of weight that the doctor says I need to lose to become healthy. After a lot of time and reserach, my husband and I have decided that weight loss surgery is something we need to consider. So here I am going through the pysch visit, doing the sleep study test(tonight until wedensday) and my first visit with the nutrionist next week. I have a surgery date scheduled for Feb8,2016. Was wondering if anyone out there has a similiar story or a surgery date in Feb as well. Can't really talk about it with my family because we all (mom, mother-in-laws I have 2, sisters aunts and uncles dont really see eye to eye on the matter.

I am hoping for a date right around that time! I also have PCOS. I'd like to lose about 125 pounds.

PCOS SUCKS! I have about 100lbs to lose and some serious issuses to get rid of hopefully. I am 54 days away from surgery and I am scared,excited and wondering what to expect and what will the outcome of all this be...

I have PCOS as well and am hoping to lose about 110-115 pounds post op. My surgery date is 12/28/15; excited and nervous. Feel free to add me! Congrats on your new life journey :)

hi @mrsmickins i have a similar story to yours ive been battaling with pcos since puberty i was officially diagnosed in 2010 when i was 19 and i also have about 150 pounds to lose i dont have a surgery date yet because i have 3 more classes to complete and my psych eval along with chest x-ray and other tests oh and my insurance is switching first of the year so go me. but hey i would love to keep in touch you can message me on here i always respond to my messages or you can text me ill send you my number in a private message on here if you want