Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone forced to have LB & hate having it all the time?

to sit up and talk about having it as an inconvenience in your life is rude to people who have suffered through more than that.

everyone is different, everyone's experiences are different, thats what makes this forum interesting and helpful, however one person's norm is another person's odd.

Again I have said I thought I was in a forum/thread for those who have been unhappy and are considering removal...a place where I could openly complain...you aren't considering removal so why are you even in this area??

How is my complaint in anyway reflective on those who are able to get through this and have been successful? I am unsure of my ability to cope...again how is that refective on you. You say; "however one person's norm is another person's odd." yet you don't practice what you preach. You and I are to different people with vastly different lives, how can you compare your 'journey' to mine beyond you used to be fat.

Suffering is relative, I in no way said my hardships were greater or more important than anyone else's. They were just that: MINE. Those are the things that shaped MY journey.

Why am I being told I can openly complain to get over my problems then in the same breath being told that in the complaint I am rude you? It makes no sense and you can't have it both ways.

Again, you have had success and I'm glad you have, but it makes no sense for you to even be in this area if you are happy and are not seeking any information on removal.

I made no remarks against any successful bander being silly or stupid for deciding to keep their bands for life(nor would I!)

I did what I was told I could; complain about MY experiances and hopefully find someone with similar feeling or complaints, yet I have been personally put down.

No, I have no indication that my band is faulty. How does that remove the right I have to talk about and yes 'complain' about the troubles I have had?

I am sorry for your troubles, but in no way was my compaint in an area for people considering removal ment as an affront to a happy bander who went through bad band troubles.

Or do you look for people so you can say "This is what I went through so your problems mean nothing..."

I went through what was hell FOR ME, not you. Nor did I complain just to offend you and other happy banders. I think most understood that.

I did what I was told I could; complain about MY experiances and hopefully find someone with similar feeling or complaints, yet I have been personally put down.

But you did it not in a thread of your own but in a thread that if you had read it was obviously one where we were discussing DieselAngel and her problems that were obviously untrue.

good luck to you and I am glad to see that you opened your own thread now maybe you will get the info you want.

Instead of trying to talk me into keeping the band users attack me and call me stupid and lazy and to top it off you think I want if off for the sole pleasure of EATING?

What are banders who are happy with their bands doing on a thread for people who aren't happy anyway? Do you get a sick kick out of making people who probly already feel like failures feel THAT musch worse about themselves?? Do you feel better?

Ok. I will confess, straight up, that I haven't read the whole thread, nor did I thoroughly read the novel sized posts. I just skimmed.

But the above JUMPED out at me.

Do you want someone to talk you into keeping the band?

And, bandsters who are happy with their bands often check out these types of threads to see if there is any insight they might be able to offer. Or even just be there to read/reply to people who are having a hard time of it. To offer some encouragement.

I don't think anyone here would go out of their way to make anyone else unhappy.

I hope you find peace.

This is a crazy thread. DieselAngel is awesome bringing up controversy in my opinion.

Perhaps she had a change of heart on the surgery and is searching for a blame who just happened to be her mother. or maybe not.

Wjbluv I don't think people's reactions were to talk or look down at you. Your decision to get the band your decision to have it removed. You aren't the first one and most likely won't be the last person who has it removed.

And on that note....has anyone wondered if DieselAngel & wjbluv are one and the same person...? just a thought..

Awww....guys its just someone looking for a pity party....seriously though...

And I found this thread in the "New Posts" section, and it looked fishy as hell, so I looked at it and I was right.

No one feels sorry for you...aww poor thing she's hungry even after shes eaten....NO! That is wrong, thats what made you fat..

AND BTW, I never lost all my weight, and I AM still fat....Im 7 1/2 months pregnant and 225lbs....I was still large before I got pregnant at about 180lbs....so dont talk to me about thinking that a band doesnt work...in the 2 years prior to getting pregnant and having the band I had only lost about 50-60lbs total.....Its different for everyone, and its embarassing for me to be sitting in a group of people and have to leave to go puke my guts up because something didnt agree with the band...but I dont care, I want to be thin SO BAD that its worth it.....If you dont want it, get it out....theres no discussing....the fact that you continue to discuss it and make excuses and all that BS means that you are just looking for a pity party....in the time you have spent defending yourself, you could have easily made a decision to take it out, scheduled an appt to do so, and be close to date to get it done....

Get off your pity party, no one cares if you want to be fat when the most of us want to be thin and most importantly HEALTHY more than anything else in the world.

wjbluv, I am so sorry about all you have gone through. It truly sounds like life has been a struggle for you of late. I cannot even begin to imagine suffering the losses you have in such a short period of time.

I am surprised that having a complete unfill did not resolve your problems with the band. You said you are in "physical discomfort" from it. I apologize if you already mentioned this, but there are so many posts in this thread I may have missed it... Have you had a doctor check to see if your band and port have been placed properly or if there is some other problem with it? Perhaps a simple procedure could end the physical discomfort and that way you could leave your band unfilled until a time when you are better able to begin using the tool again.

I am sorry I am not able to offer more help. But, I am glad that you felt comfortable to share your concerns with us, as we are here to offer support and advice in whatever way we can. The band is a great tool, but I do understand that it is not for everyone and due to life changes, etc., while we may have thought it would be great at one time, that may change later. The fact that the band is 100% reversible is definitely one of the advantages of it over other wls options.

I hope you find the answers you are looking for and wish you all the best.

wjbluv: When I first began reading and posting at LBT, I had an experience similar to what you seem to be having here. I felt misunderstood and that people were being incredibly rude to me. A lot of what I felt and thought then turned out to be my own paranoia.

On this forum, we are anonymous (unless we choose to reveal real names). We don't have to be careful about how we word what we're trying to say here. But I do not think that most people here, including me, have been trying to give you a hard time. I'm with the previous poster who mentioned that this thread was started by someone who was feeling victimized and resented having to eat the way the band causes us to eat. Somehow that person's posts and yours became intertwined in our minds. They were so similar in some ways.

Then you added the part about losing 3 of your closest people. We definitely are a compassionate group and know that losing even one person who is close to us, is a very difficult thing to endure. But the thing we know the best and are used to speaking to here at LBT is the band. So that's why I believe we homed in on your problems with the band. It isn't that your losses are insignificant.

If you are having shoulder pain and abdominal pain and are so uncomfortable that you've had to have all restriction removed, you need medical care. You have to put your body first, above and beyond your job, school or anything else. If you have an eroded band, or a slipped band or an enlarged esophogus, these are very serious complications that won't go away by talking about them or just getting the restriction removed.

You didn't ask for my advice but I'm givin' it anyway: seek help from a live medical professional right away. After that, get some grief counseling.

laurend: thanks. You are tres' cool!

And on that note....has anyone wondered if DieselAngel & wjbluv are one and the same person...? just a thought..

My thoughts exactly! Yes, I firmly believe they are one and the same person.

Yeah, me too!!!!

It's pretty obvious it's a sham. Sort of got some of us spun up trying to help. What a waste of perfectly good advice... :thumbdown:

Wow. This thread did not take the funny turn I had hoped it would. :thumbdown:

Wjb sorry for your loss, and I hope you find whatever it is you're looking for!